Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Fired it up last week for the first time in months. I see they finally fixed everybody's hair, only took them 4 years to get Randle. Still playing the same team 90% of the time in play now. No excuse for that. Ruins the experience

i got a triple double in my first qualifying game (of 50)
DSbqe58XUAAB3LG.jpg

Being the 8th ranked player in the world hasn’t gotten me much notoriety. Lol

Might have to look into this 2k league. Anybody want to educate me on how it works?

Being the 8th ranked player in the world hasn’t gotten me much notoriety. Lol

Might have to look into this 2k league. Anybody want to educate me on how it works?

• What is the NBA 2K League?
    The NBA 2K League is a joint venture between the NBA and Take Two Interactive, publishers of NBA 2K. It is a professional esports league featuring the best 2K players in the world.

• How can I try out for the league?
    The NBA 2K League Qualifier will take place in January and will be the first step towards getting an invitation to our second stage of tryouts in February. The first stage of qualifying for the NBA 2K League will take place from January 1-31, 2018. Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31. The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older. Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination of both.

• When is the season? How will it work?
    The inaugural season tips off in May 2018 and will run through August. Prior to the season beginning, there will be tryouts in February and a draft in March.

• What is the age requirement to play in the league?
    All players will need to be 18 years and older to participate in the tryout and be drafted to the league.

• How many teams are participating?
    There are 17 NBA teams participating in the inaugural season.

• How are games played?
    Each NBA 2K League team will feature players competing as unique characters in 5v5 gameplay.

• Will the games be broadcast?
    Yes, games will be available to watch and the league is currently in media rights discussions.

• Where will the games be played?
    For the inaugural season, all games will be played in one or two central studios.

• How much will players be paid? Will there be a salary cap/signing bonuses?
    All players will be paid a guaranteed, competitive salary, and they will have benefits as well as housing.
https://nba.2k.com/2kleague/#full-faq

j

myplayer is a completely different animal than play now...

but definitely make a player.

if you make a two way sharp pg 6'5" you can run with us

Yo I completely dominate with my lockdown sg now...overall 89.

7/10 the person I guard quits before 4th quarter. **** is so damn fun. Granted I’m limited on offense...but I’m guaranteed at least 12 pts a game. Back doors, curls from the corner, mid pull ups and transitions finishes. So ready to hit 90

Last edited:

7/10 the person I guard quits before 4th quarter. **** is so damn fun. Granted I’m limited on offense...but I’m guaranteed at least 12 pts a game. Back doors, curls from the corner, mid pull ups and transitions finishes. So ready to hit 90
Good. Make those folks quit man.

What frustrates them so much, in your opinion?

I'm 60% at 90 ovr, granted I only play 2-3 games a week, but can't wait to edit my starting lineup and go after free agents ...I need a big man so bad on my Mavs team ... Would love if Whiteside or Kat join my squad.

Good. Make those folks quit man.

What frustrates them so much, in your opinion?
Man it’s all about real life iq and understand who you guarding. I know with sharps any kind of sharps. I’m gonna press him fullcourt if he has the ball or not. Bumping and holding, I want them to put the ball on the floor and try to finish. I love seeing slashers and playmarkers bc I give them enough room to think they open enough to shoot, with pure slasher I’ll let him shoot I’ll live with the result. Who ever I guard I send them middle to the bigs, or wherever the bigs are. Pureshots are easily my toughest. They can do so much if they nice with the sticks.

When I guard playmakers or slashers...I’m wait more active to the game far as doubling and helping and just being a pest. With sharps you can’t leave them.

I’ve got to the point now I don’t love at ratings. Me being 6’8 210 I’m bodying everything. So to answer your question I think it’s the constent physical presents...and contesting everything. I’ve also learned not to lay on the intense d button. It puts you in a lot of bad positions.

dc

its frustrating when you're a scoring build and you're getting hit with new animations because you've never played a pure lock before

its even worse when that pure lock is a 6'11" PF lining up at the 3.....who does hesi dribble moves, euros and won't lose the ball.

once i score about 12-15 points (in the first half) and the other team is literally doubling me and switching on me (a pure rim protector)

the entire TEAM is so frustrated, everyone is trying to do too much

they're thinking "man if hes doing that with a pure rim, watch this..."

except, i have hall of fame defensive stopper and rim protector, so you're literally running into a wall over and over.

it's easy to score. it's hard to stop people from scoring.

pure sharps have like 70 shot contest. LOL

you could play perfect d, get a hand up, and still get sprayed with a green release LOLOLOLOL

it's just frustrating to average 20 points. every 10 shots, 9 are green......you can play defense and all that

then you run into a pure lockdown who is jamming on you and making you pick your dribble up every possession.

watch my videos.

Man it’s all about real life iq and understand who you guarding. I know with sharps any kind of sharps. I’m gonna press him fullcourt if he has the ball or not. Bumping and holding, I want them to put the ball on the floor and try to finish. I love seeing slashers and playmarkers bc I give them enough room to think they open enough to shoot, with pure slasher I’ll let him shoot I’ll live with the result. Who ever I guard I send them middle to the bigs, or wherever the bigs are. Pureshots are easily my toughest. They can do so much if they nice with the sticks.

When I guard playmakers or slashers...I’m wait more active to the game far as doubling and helping and just being a pest. With sharps you can’t leave them.

I’ve got to the point now I don’t love at ratings. Me being 6’8 210 I’m bodying everything. So to answer your question I think it’s the constent physical presents...and contesting everything. I’ve also learned not to lay on the intense d button. It puts you in a lot of bad positions.

go to controller settings and turn defensive assist off, and "shot contest with intense d" off.

it makes you jump at pump fakes even if you aren't pressing jump.

i actually turn all those assist bars off. i shoot with square...so i turned off shooting with the stick, it's only set to dribble moves.

i honestly am the only person in the world who plays with a pure rim protector how i do.

anytime i play with new people, they provide highlight "ohhhhs" and "ahhhhhs" everytime. LOL

also, at 91 ovr, i got the "defensive anchor" badge which "raises the defense of your teammates"

on my team, we run two pure lockdowns and three two-ways....so i guess their defense is boosted like they were defenders first.

its a prollem lol

I really wish myplayer was separate from the park and pro am

adding the neighborhood is my least favorite thing about 2k18.

they maintain cut scenes and a whole "mycareer" mode specifically for people who want to play myplayer offline....

yet, now, you have to load into an online server to even access the games or practices!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

i'm with you, there, they should have an offline mycareer with cutscenes and an online, no frills, myplayer mode for COMPETITIVE players

i've easily wasted 10+ hours of my life in cutscenes for new builds.

I remember around 2k5 when they were still building their fan base. I understand the business side of all the microtransactions but it’s bad for the regular offline gamer.

Back
Top Bottom