Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Bought 2k for Black Friday. After 2 weeks of playing. .It's trash. I mean, at least when I played 2k16 I had a fighting chance to actually gain VC and upgrade my character (Hit legend, had a 97 SF and all). But what did they do? They literally ruined the game. Even deleting the other two towns. WHY?

I'm starting to believe people saying Live will make a comeback and make 2k actually work, for once....

If you don't have the game, save your money...

Edit: I do like the extra additions and the Asian girl is funny, idk why everyone hates her...But yeah I might just rock out with My team and sell the game

If you buy NBA 2K only for MyCareer, then yes........it's trash (to an extent). I've stopped playing MyPlayer/MyCareer since they started putting VC in the ******* game back in 2K16, it was ridiculous at the VC grind in that game.

If you buy NBA 2K for actual simulated basketball gameplay AND NOT a single player story experience, then 2K18 is still one of the best simulated basketball experiences in the gaming market today. Until EA can invest in a better game engine for NBA Live that makes the gameplay animation "more fluid" and "less stiff," then NBA 2K will forever be the top option for a simulated basketball gaming experience.

If you buy NBA 2K only for MyCareer, then yes........it's trash (to an extent). I've stopped playing MyPlayer/MyCareer since they started putting VC in the ****ing game back in 2K16, it was ridiculous at the VC grind in that game.

If you buy NBA 2K for actual simulated basketball gameplay AND NOT a single player story experience, then 2K18 is still one of the best simulated basketball experiences in the gaming market today. Until EA can invest in a better game engine for NBA Live that makes the gameplay animation "more fluid" and "less stiff," then NBA 2K will forever be the top option for a simulated basketball gaming experience.
Yeah, I really don't play 1v1. Unless it's against friends.

But as far as myplayer/myteam it's trash.

Maybe I should try 1v1 for once. I'm good, I just have to learn plays. That's the annoying part.

2k16 was legit with myplayer tbh...You could actually grind and make VC. This year...no

For single player Live passed 2k this yr tbh. Idc about full games like that anymore. Not since the homies used to play in the dorm days

Last edited:
Yeah I really only play 1v1 when I'm with my cousins...besides that I don't really care for a 1v1 online tbh, but I guess a lot of people buy 2k for it.

I just play MyLeague/Association Mode...........building a team and seeing them play out "how I would imagine" is a lot more entertaining than dealing with VC and online gameplay of NBA 2K (especially if you're a fan of a more unlucky franchise as the New York Knicks, then a MyLeague Knicks save file is more of a relief than the actual reality of how much the actual franchise sucks right now)

I bought a digital copy of the game the other week on my brother’s ps4, that **** took a total of 8 hours to download, copy, install, and update before I was even able to access the main menus. Then all these damn unskippable cutscenes in my player? What... Then you basically just skip a draft or summer league and you just pick what team you want to play for? What... Then I made a 7’3” center, but he looks 6’2” in the cut scenes? What... Then your player starts off with that same damn brown shirt and khakis from 2K11? What... Then you gotta walk all around that damn online park to get a haircut, shoes, clothes, etc? What... Then when you finally start your career, they made me sit out for about 5 games, didn’t even get a single minute on the floor? What... They just wanted to waste my time doing all that loading for those 5 games... I got swindled. Who knows when I will be at my brother’s play to play ps4... Never again... :lol:

I bought a digital copy of the game the other week on my brother’s ps4, that **** took a total of 8 hours to download, copy, install, and update before I was even able to access the main menus. Then all these damn unskippable cutscenes in my player? What... Then you basically just skip a draft or summer league and you just pick what team you want to play for? What... Then I made a 7’3” center, but he looks 6’2” in the cut scenes? What... Then your player starts off with that same damn brown shirt and khakis from 2K11? What... Then you gotta walk all around that damn online park to get a haircut, shoes, clothes, etc? What... Then when you finally start your career, they made me sit out for about 5 games, didn’t even get a single minute on the floor? What... They just wanted to waste my time doing all that loading for those 5 games... I got swindled. Who knows when I will be at my brother’s play to play ps4... Never again... :lol:

This had a Stone Cold feel

Mixed with a Juvie feel

ahahha

so did anyone complete the 50 Wins in Pro-am ? curious to see how this plays out

this game is not even close to e-sports and never will be

I wish there were better competitive options for people that don't play MyPlayer

Dude, they have MyTeam.

I mean yeah........it is still a "loot box-style" game grind with microtransactions and ****, but hell it is an option for those that want "online competitive options" that are not MyPlayer.

There is also "online" MyLeague if you can find a group of people online where you guys run your own league and you guys negotiate your own trades and **** like you own the teams.

Dude, they have MyTeam.

I mean yeah........it is still a "loot box-style" game grind with microtransactions and ****, but hell it is an option for those that want "online competitive options" that are not MyPlayer.

There is also "online" MyLeague if you can find a group of people online where you guys run your own league and you guys negotiate your own trades and **** like you own the teams.

I'm talking about 5 vs 5 regular team play being taken more seriously. All the events and tournaments seem to be based around the world 2k is trying to create which, yeah, I get it's money but still.

Suggestions?

Wish I had a good answer to this. Just seems like anyone that plays regular team vs team isn't considered too much anymore in development. They do MyTeam tournaments right? Maybe tournaments where you pick one team and have to ride it out with them.

How was Lice paased 2K in 1 player mode?

Don't feel like I'm on the hamster wheel, which goes a LOOOOOOONG way for me.

I strictly mean MyCareer/The One tho in case you think I'm talking association type of stuff. Idc much about 5 v 5 gameplay anymore just wanna be locked to one player and play out a career upgrade skills and do Barbie dress up ****

I just play MyLeague/Association Mode...........building a team and seeing them play out "how I would imagine" is a lot more entertaining than dealing with VC and online gameplay of NBA 2K (especially if you're a fan of a more unlucky franchise as the New York Knicks, then a MyLeague Knicks save file is more of a relief than the actual reality of how much the actual franchise sucks right now)
I'm gonna try this mode...I'm just happy I paid half off for the game on black Friday

Maybe I'll get my money worth with this mode.

I see they changed MyTeam and ruined it too. I'm so annoyed smh. Now I have to complete "goals" before I can auction? Cmon, now I'm forced to play 5 online games just to buy a player via auction lmaooo

Don't feel like I'm on the hamster wheel, which goes a LOOOOOOONG way for me.

I strictly mean MyCareer/The One tho in case you think I'm talking association type of stuff. Idc much about 5 v 5 gameplay anymore just wanna be locked to one player and play out a career upgrade skills and do Barbie dress up ****

Cool.

ahahha

so did anyone complete the 50 Wins in Pro-am ? curious to see how this plays out

this game is not even close to e-sports and never will be

got my 50 wins in 4 days. I will play every combine time slot (i actually had my work schedule changed around on sundays)

i'm salty they limited archs and positions, i think im going to run with a sharp rim protector

I'm talking about 5 vs 5 regular team play being taken more seriously. All the events and tournaments seem to be based around the world 2k is trying to create which, yeah, I get it's money but still.

Wish I had a good answer to this. Just seems like anyone that plays regular team vs team isn't considered too much anymore in development. They do MyTeam tournaments right? Maybe tournaments where you pick one team and have to ride it out with them.

actually, every 2k league event they've held has had a play now ( 1 v 1 with all 5 players) tourny.....

like literally every one of them.

also, local bars and stuff do regular 1 v 1 play now tournies, often. my coworkers keep trynna convince me to enter them

i just really can't stand/am bored of play now.

after only controlling one player and winning competitive games.....it really pales in comparison....

also, if you're looking to dive into mygm or myleague, DEFINITELY reach out to DC and use his sliders/rosters/etc.

I used to spend hours making my own sliders to make those games competitive....(i think 2k11 was the last one i went hard like that in)

got my 50 wins in 4 days. I will play every combine time slot (i actually had my work schedule changed around on sundays)

i'm salty they limited archs and positions, i think im going to run with a sharp rim protector

actually, every 2k league event they've held has had a play now ( 1 v 1 with all 5 players) tourny.....

like literally every one of them.

also, local bars and stuff do regular 1 v 1 play now tournies, often. my coworkers keep trynna convince me to enter them

i just really can't stand/am bored of play now.

after only controlling one player and winning competitive games.....it really pales in comparison....

I've missed those tournaments then. Controlling only one player isn't enjoyable at all to me so to each his own, not to mention you have to play through their ******** story to get your rating up.
5 player control all day. Controlling your own tempo and shot selection and defense/rotations>
I used to do MyGM/MyLeague heavy but I prefer human vs human, don't really touch it anymore. Tried MyTeam and it wasn't for me.
Well aware of the work DC has been doing for years.

I co-sign on using DC's sliders for MyLeague.........they definitely give that more realistic feel to the game (even though I feel 2K's default sliders already did a good job of making 3 pt shots more "realistic" in terms of makes and misses)

What's the best option for MyLeague? Current or Custom? It's too many options lmao, I feel flustered.

Custom might be cool, but the historic teams are hacks. I might run current.

Also is "MYGM" good this year? I've never tried it but I'm willing to.

I just don't want my $30 to go to waste lol.

MyGM will force you to use VC.............MyLeague is the "VC-free/microtransaction-free" version of MyGM.

Stick with MyLeague, fam.

MyGM will force you to use VC.............MyLeague is the "VC-free/microtransaction-free" version of MyGM.

Stick with MyLeague, fam.
Copy, thanks.

Last question for now -- is it worth creating a player? I want to create one after me, but as far as stats and all...I can't tell how to make a player that's fair and not broken.

I co-sign on using DC's sliders for MyLeague.........they definitely give that more realistic feel to the game (even though I feel 2K's default sliders already did a good job of making 3 pt shots more "realistic" in terms of makes and misses)
Their contested 3 ratings are too high

Back
Top Bottom