Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Enjoyed 2k18's gameplay for the most part. Some of the full court passing can be frustrating though. A lot of passes NBA players can make but the recipient ends up stumbling and the ball ends up way off point.

Enjoyed 2k18's gameplay for the most part. Some of the full court passing can be frustrating though. A lot of passes NBA players can make but the recipient ends up stumbling and the ball ends up way off point.

As I played more and more of 2k18 and read into how the developers made this game, most of your frustration boils down to.............player attributes.

There are a handful of players in the league that are actually so ******* dumb that they are more prone to make those "stupid full-court turnovers," and NBA 2K18's game developers took that into account and incorporated the real life "basketball iq" of nearly every NBA player........down to the most ******ed basketball IQ players in the league.

So if you attempt to make a full-court pass to say..........JR Smith (the prime example of a ******* idiot on the basketball court), he is more likely to make a big turnover instead of making a successful catch from a full-court pass because JR has an attribute rating that related to his offensive awareness that simulates JR's "poor basketball IQ" in real life.

So hold on, Zube, you are asking for the auccess rate of full court passes to INCREASE?

Man, some things just need to be put in check for the integrity of a video game.

keep it real. you were going hard and being a real jerk to anyone that entered the thread along with touting how good you are whenever you could. dont make it seem like you were just coming from a position to try and help. you were super salty and aggressive to folks in this thread that werent even interested in myplayer. anytime anyone had any complaint about the game, your response was always "player error" or "take a video". folks got real lives with real s**t to do.

thats why dudes came hard at you and your girl.

you and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican really need to ease up. its not that serious

no hate...but keep it real

no, keep it real

yall did the typical NT schtick

while crying about a game

i'm trynna give knowledge

i get "SHUT UP YOU TRASH LOL"

lmao i sat here and typed out an exact example

"hey theres a 1 min quarter glitch. real easy to do. my girl is doing it right now"

"LOL SHE DOESNT HAVE A JOB LOL"

and you respond with "keep it real...you were being a jerk"

LMAO

yall are bitter for some reason (prolly cause YNS)

and yall take yalls frustrations out on here.

this board used to be fire. if you needed info on how to fix your car's alternator, you'd make a thread and 100 mechanics would pop in to give you knowledge....

need to know where to grab lunch in random city? make a post. 100 cats will hip you to some dope ****.

now that you clowns have overrun the site? every post goes the exact same way.

"LOL IM HERE TO TROLL YOUR POST FOR LULZ!"

i be on here to holler at DC. (said for the 10000000th time)

i see you imbeciles crying about basic 2k controls so i try to offer insight

i get "YOU SUCK PLAY MY BOY IN PLAY NOW"

lmaooooooo

"YOU SUCK YOU DIDNT EVEN CROSS OVER"

meanwhile, yall can't even get through the first cutscene of myplayer....

and say goofy **** like "nba live is better"

spoiler alert: imma be in the 2k19 thread the exact same way. when you bums complain about being trash at the game, i will be there to remind you that the game is fine, and you, specifically, are trash.

lol @ "you were super salty"

bruh, i'm good at 2k.

i enjoy playing 2k.

i make dudes like you run to this message board and post upset emotional posts about how unfair the game is.....

i'm the guy who makes you do that....with a 71 ovr.

i was NEVER salty.

keep it real. you were going hard and being a real jerk to anyone that entered the thread along with touting how good you are whenever you could. dont make it seem like you were just coming from a position to try and help. you were super salty and aggressive to folks in this thread that werent even interested in myplayer. anytime anyone had any complaint about the game, your response was always "player error" or "take a video". folks got real lives with real s**t to do.

thats why dudes came hard at you and your girl.

you and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican really need to ease up. its not that serious

no hate...but keep it real
What have I done?

I never talk about how sorry folks are, that is Enphan. The most I do is tell yall to use practice mode and/or "defend" 2K, like @cashbanks likes to put it.

Like when yall make EXTREME statements and I counter them. "2K is the same every year, just a roster update." ~ But when I give concrete evidence as to how the is false, I get labeled as "defending 2K."

So yea, please explain what I have done to anyone other than give suggestions as to how to improve the gaming experience?

What have I done?

I never talk about how sorry folks are, that is Enphan. The most I do is tell yall to use practice mode and/or "defend" 2K, like @cashbanks likes to put it.

Like when yall make EXTREME statements and I counter them. "2K is the same every year, just a roster update." ~ But when I give concrete evidence as to how the is false, I get labeled as "defending 2K."

So yea, please explain what I have done to anyone other than give suggestions as to how to improve the gaming experience?

you really trynna reason with this cat? LOL

As I played more and more of 2k18 and read into how the developers made this game, most of your frustration boils down to.............player attributes.

There are a handful of players in the league that are actually so ****ing dumb that they are more prone to make those "stupid full-court turnovers," and NBA 2K18's game developers took that into account and incorporated the real life "basketball iq" of nearly every NBA player........down to the most ******ed basketball IQ players in the league.

So if you attempt to make a full-court pass to say..........JR Smith (the prime example of a ****ing idiot on the basketball court), he is more likely to make a big turnover instead of making a successful catch from a full-court pass because JR has an attribute rating that related to his offensive awareness that simulates JR's "poor basketball IQ" in real life.
I would say it isn't even THAT deep. If there weren't measures in place to nerf long full court passes, we would see NONSENSE in the user vs. user aspect of the game. Imagine those passes having a high success rate, hell, imagine them having a 65% success rate, that game would be RIDICULOUS. Much like it used to be when the game allowed those passes to land so often.

This is what yall want?

i've seen dudes cry about certain animations(getting blazed) all game, then, when they get a similar animation say "YOU CANT HOLD ME"

so there's that.....

(it's cheese when it's against you....but not cheese when you do it....luckily i can stop it and do it LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO #thedifference)

What have I done?

you used to rub folks the wrong way too. not as much as the other dude...but hey...and my bad for even throwing your name in it.

main point was, dude acted like the other visitors in this thread were just giving him smoke for no reason and its just not true. that was my only point.

to be honest, the fact that you co-sign him says alot

my apologies

no, keep it real

yall did the typical NT schtick

while crying about a game

i'm trynna give knowledge

i get "SHUT UP YOU TRASH LOL"

lmao i sat here and typed out an exact example

"hey theres a 1 min quarter glitch. real easy to do. my girl is doing it right now"

"LOL SHE DOESNT HAVE A JOB LOL"

and you respond with "keep it real...you were being a jerk"

LMAO

yall are bitter for some reason (prolly cause YNS)

and yall take yalls frustrations out on here.

this board used to be fire. if you needed info on how to fix your car's alternator, you'd make a thread and 100 mechanics would pop in to give you knowledge....

need to know where to grab lunch in random city? make a post. 100 cats will hip you to some dope ****.

now that you clowns have overrun the site? every post goes the exact same way.

"LOL IM HERE TO TROLL YOUR POST FOR LULZ!"

i be on here to holler at DC. (said for the 10000000th time)

i see you imbeciles crying about basic 2k controls so i try to offer insight

i get "YOU SUCK PLAY MY BOY IN PLAY NOW"

lmaooooooo

"YOU SUCK YOU DIDNT EVEN CROSS OVER"

meanwhile, yall can't even get through the first cutscene of myplayer....

and say goofy **** like "nba live is better"

spoiler alert: imma be in the 2k19 thread the exact same way. when you bums complain about being trash at the game, i will be there to remind you that the game is fine, and you, specifically, are trash.

lol @ "you were super salty"

bruh, i'm good at 2k.

i enjoy playing 2k.

i make dudes like you run to this message board and post upset emotional posts about how unfair the game is.....

i'm the guy who makes you do that....with a 71 ovr.

i was NEVER salty.
you're emotional
ok buddy. you got it

I would say it isn't even THAT deep. If there weren't measures in place to nerf long full court passes, we would see NONSENSE in the user vs. user aspect of the game. Imagine those passes having a high success rate, hell, imagine them having a 65% success rate, that game would be RIDICULOUS. Much like it used to be when the game allowed those passes to land so often.

This is what yall want?

I remember that being one of the complaints in the early weeks of 2K17...........cats were complaining that "full-court defense" was broken since full-court passes couldn't be stopped.

me and dc are relics of the old NT that didn't have lames like you ruining every post with your feelings.

its june 11th and yall still trash.

LMAO
Yo simple question. How do you personally contest and stop that dumb as yank back crossover jumpshot?

I’m a gotdamn LLD and fools still get crazy separation from me and that bs is automatic. So damn stupid.

all i see is "your videos are trash"

BUT

i never see any better videos

or any videos at all

just tears of jealousy.

dude who runs miami's e-team loves all my builds. in fact, he copied my build last year LMAO

but yes, random salty NTer is the authority. my videos are trash. LOL

Yo simple question. How do you personally contest and stop that dumb as yank back crossover jumpshot?

I’m a gotdamn LLD and fools still get crazy separation from me and that bs is automatic. So damn stupid.

like in real life, you can't be playing the lane to the basket. you see i'm freaking the stepback with extra hop dribbles after, just because the plain stepback is cheesy, imo

its the hardest move to stop (including behind the back animations)

BUT

you cant be holding L2 (intense defense) and you have to be expecting it. once they pull the stepback, they're going to get separation, period....the further into their body you are, the further the separation they get from driving then stepping back (if that makes sense)

what you do, though, since you aren't holding turbo OR L2, AND you aren't animated pressed into their body (which is what makes the stepback register you as stunned)

you're able to freely step forward instead of being "stunned" or "caught" backpedaling.

the only thing you can do at that point is jump to contest. simply putting your hand in the face of a sharpshooter or shot creator isn't enough.

i've seen cats somehow able to time the stepbacks by reaching, but me, personally, i think it results in too much gambling....elite PGs/ballhandlers will ABUSE you every time.

the problem with LDDs in this game is that they patched them every chance they got until now, all you're really doing is fouling.

all the blocks in the above videos were with an 80 ovr shot-creating stretch 4. you get like +3 shot contest (68 max, i still have 3 bars) and block from being a shot creator, along with bronze defensive stopper....which is better than being a playmaker secondary and/or pure stretch.

it took me making a stretch 4 and guarding (and locking up SFs and SGs) to realize how bad they crippled defenders..(i average 2 blocks and 2 steals a game with the stretch LOL)

especially guards

you have zero offense.....the only offense you really have is slashing...and you're like a baby, soft slasher lol

then, on the other end, everytime you reach when someone dribbles into your body, they just hit you with a stepback or momentum behind the back....and you either foul or get smoked.....everytime you jump to contest even RIDICULOUS forced shots/layups/dunks it's typically some sort of stupid foul, even if you get a block animation.....(especially if guards or help defense jumps too....or even worse, BUMPS YOU OFF YOUR MATCHUP)

so yeah, long story short, it's a cheese move (but as effective as it is in real life)

it wouldnt be AS effective if it was easier to lose the ball. you sorta HAVE to play the drive to the basket because it's so lopsided in the offense's favor...you can take it to the cup consistently with pure playmakers or sharp playmakers...even on defenders....

you have to play tight because of the behind the back momentum dribbles and midrange effectiveness...i think that's why the stepback is so effective....

if you lost the ball from poor decision-making when doing behind the backs and/or driving when you're being smothered, then you wouldn't have to compensate by playing the drive so hard...

that's just my opinion

like, it's effective, look at chris paul and james harden, but how are the most average players able to do it so effectively? everyone isn't harden LOL

that's my gripe with some of the 2k stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
yo matter of fact, i'll give either of them bums boss OR CASHBANKS up there 5 dollars cashapp if either of them can produce a SINGLE clip doing anything even remotely like my clips.

probably plays "play now" with his lil brother on rookie.

you could try 1000 times and never block a 94 ovr athletic finisher center, rebound, behind the back, crossover, pull up, deep three TO START THE GAME OFF in pro-am team.

that's the very first highlight of the first clip.

you think it matters that you aren't impressed LMAO

you think you matter. LMAO

yall not even embarrassed to be ********rs.

#DrakeEffect

Put me on ignore if it bothers you that much.

Simple solution to YOUR issue

dudes come in the 2k thread for everything but 2k.

LMAO

they don't even like nor play the game...

what purpose do yall serve?

oh, yeah, my fan club

LMAO

me and dc are relics of the old NT that didn't have lames like you ruining every post with your feelings.

You were getting hated on by old NT'ers too come on :lol:
DC used to get it a lot as well it's not nearly as bad now.

Back
Top Bottom