Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

why do people hate LeBron? like, I watch basketball, but I don't follow a lot of sports talk, why is so polarizing?

I need some upgrades to the things i'm most interested in in 2k19 or i'll be passing this year especially with Red Dead 2 coming out in Oct.
Who knows, I doubt they really know.

@cashbanks , RE: MyPlayer Mode

I see Enphan cooking the CPU and Humans while rated a 60.

That isn't enough evidence? I think people want to be able to DOMINATE from the jump, does it HAVE to be that way? I would say no, but if you feel otherwise, pay the money for that to happen.

Who knows, I doubt they really know.
The best of the best usually gets alot of hate. It is that way in any field.

Since the next 2K is a anniversary edition the cover athlete should be Iverson
Great suggestion

Last edited:
Will make the 2K19 thread this week.

Will probably do the Live 19 thread after some info drops (hopefully) during E3

De9ejnoU8AAsbUj

have you seen what that timeline looks like now?

to get your guy into the 80s would take 3 seasons almost and thats playing every single game

they've gone out of their way to make it as difficult as possible to incentivize buying vc

it's pathetic

2k community is most delusional of any base of any game, ever.

"i dont wanna pay to shortcut. if you sit there and actually grind without playing you don't have a life"

there is a major grey area in between that black and white statement.

like DC said

i've posted videos of 68 ovrs vs humans who have 90+ ovrs.

losers in here hated out of ignorance....they didn't know what they were looking at.

2k is the only game that dudes who literally casually play 1 hour a week legit think they're a top player in the world....or the game is cheating...or you paid to get ahead.....or, oh yeah, you have no life LMAO

it's never "damn, i'm not as good at this game as i think"

and 2k is forreal the only game ever where this is the case.

you can be an admittedly casual video game player and can't accept that you aren't good at the game LOL

and actually call for there to be a BIGGER SKILL GAP! LMAOOOOOOO BRUH

mogs were in here back in october complaining that they didn't know how to dunk the ball.

THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW TO DUNK THE BALL, BRO....

BUT THEY ARE GOOD AT THE GAME....

not even good at the game...

THEY ARE A TOP PLAYER IN THE WORLD........

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it was the game that was cheating....LMAOOOOO

i had an NTer tell me i was trash and he was much better than me.

i have a .74 win percentage with 1025 games played.

he had a .23 win percentage with 40 games played.

you tell me, bro.

also, paying 50 bucks for 200k vc to max out a new player from 60 ovr to 85 ovr is stupid, imo.

you never get a feel for the constraints of your player......if you can do work with him at 71....imagine the control you'll have at 80....or 90, for that matter.

the fact i started with a pure defender, then branched out, making offensive builds is why i have such success making players.

hit 12 threes in a row with my new KD build......dropped two 40 point games....11 games more than 25 every game....

78 ovr playing team (elite 2 court)

this is the video DC referenced, 68 ovr. the game winning dunk in OT was vs a 7'3" 340 lbs pure post scorer, 97 ovr. i outscored him 21 to 8 with a 6'5" 250lbs reb/ath PF 68 ovr......

but then again, i'm trash.

In general, I was very impressed with the game this year. Remember, I am strictly speaking on Exhibition Mode/My League; different experience than what I hear goes on in MyPlayer Mode. I wish those of you that have soured on the product would give MyLeague a chance with a created player.

one of the biggest disappointments with 2k in general, which is never talked about, is how neglected online myleague is.

you can't even run a vanilla "dynasty" mode online. they have some weird expansion "keep" rules where you can mark to keep players each season. no salary cap. LOL most people have to do fantasy drafts and only play one season. this is the first year it's worked beyond one season....

no draft
no free agency
no development camps

none of that

LULZ

when i matched up against DIMEZ, the #1 pick in the eleague, in the combine....

Tried getting into MyPlayer again and I just can't do it. Has nothing to do with getting the rating up, just enjoy controlling the whole team way more. And that story/the characters are god awful

i used to go super hard on play now and dynasty....i.e. controlling the whole team...

but it's very one dimensional, imo.

99% of the time in play now people just pick the best 2 teams.

in actual 2k tournaments both players pick warriors in every matchup.

you literally watch 15 people play 30 games warriors vs warriors LOL

myplayer is more like a MMORPG....i treat it as an RPG.

the amount of skill it takes to impact the game as ONE of 9.....

once you get adjusted and get a taste of the pro-am mode....

i honestly can't even play anything else, including mycareer vs cpu.

i play myleague just to make super teams/trades i think will happen to sim them through

i may play 10 games over 10 teams each season

2k community is most delusional of any base of any game, ever.

"i dont wanna pay to shortcut. if you sit there and actually grind without playing you don't have a life"

there is a major grey area in between that black and white statement..
Exactly. I hate that because folks act like it has to be either or when it comes to building your player.

Well said on everything you said, but of course you know folks will never give you credit for making a sound argument. Easier for them to call names and call 2K trash

it's funny, too, cause back in september i came in the thread to drop knowledge and help people with the issues they were having...

all i got was typical NTer responses...

now, it's june.....same complaints LOL

i remember i told cats "don't buy vc. you can glitch the quarter length to 1 minute quarters and just get 1k vc every 5-6 minutes....it's wild easy. i have my girl doing it for me right now while i'm at work..."

and the response was

"LOL YOU AND YOUR GIRL ARE LOSERS"

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yea I definitely remember dudes complaining about not being able to dunk. Never knew what to make of that.

Interesting point you made about getting used to the constraints of a lower rated MYPLAYER vd. Buying VC to boost attributes.

Dudes just don't have the patients.

Remember when I would always trll folks to use practice mode more and they always got on me as if I said something off the wall? Lol

They did the math on myplayer. If you get an A+ every game u need to play ~240 games to become an 85. That's RIDICULOUS. it was like 360 games if you average a C grade.

This is the first 2k I've bought in years. I stopped playing 2k cuz the animations mid game and the 4th quarter catch up bothered me to no end. But just 2 days into owning this and now the game is a money grab for micro transactions?

They made EVERYTHING suck so you get frustrated and buy vc just to be competent enough to really enjoy yourself. I literally went 0/10 multiple times wide open at the 3 and I only counted shots where the bar was full but not green. Handles are painfully slow. Badges take forever to earn. Like wtf is this?

I guess my question is why do you feel 240 games, to reach an 85, is so off the wall?

How long do you think it takes an actual NBA player to reach all star status?

I know 2k is a game but we can agree it aims to be a simulation, at times, so the 240 games isn't really unrealistic? No?

Tried getting into MyPlayer again and I just can't do it. Has nothing to do with getting the rating up, just enjoy controlling the whole team way more. And that story/the characters are god awful

The One > MyPlayer.

Played The One demo on a whim with very low expectations and thoroughly enjoyed.

Have never touch MyPlayer mode since it's inception and have no desire too either, especially how 2K is nickeling and diming people now with VC.

it's funny, too, cause back in september i came in the thread to drop knowledge and help people with the issues they were having...

all i got was typical NTer responses...

now, it's june.....same complaints LOL

i remember i told cats "don't buy vc. you can glitch the quarter length to 1 minute quarters and just get 1k vc every 5-6 minutes....it's wild easy. i have my girl doing it for me right now while i'm at work..."

and the response was

"LOL YOU AND YOUR GIRL ARE LOSERS"

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
keep it real. you were going hard and being a real jerk to anyone that entered the thread along with touting how good you are whenever you could. dont make it seem like you were just coming from a position to try and help. you were super salty and aggressive to folks in this thread that werent even interested in myplayer. anytime anyone had any complaint about the game, your response was always "player error" or "take a video". folks got real lives with real s**t to do.

thats why dudes came hard at you and your girl.

you and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican really need to ease up. its not that serious

no hate...but keep it real

i used to go super hard on play now and dynasty....i.e. controlling the whole team...

but it's very one dimensional, imo.

99% of the time in play now people just pick the best 2 teams.

in actual 2k tournaments both players pick warriors in every matchup.

you literally watch 15 people play 30 games warriors vs warriors LOL

myplayer is more like a MMORPG....i treat it as an RPG.

the amount of skill it takes to impact the game as ONE of 9.....

once you get adjusted and get a taste of the pro-am mode....

i honestly can't even play anything else, including mycareer vs cpu.

i play myleague just to make super teams/trades i think will happen to sim them through

i may play 10 games over 10 teams each season

I've been giving Dubs players the work with the Pelicans online. Especially when Boogie came back

Back
Top Bottom