Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

What is the issue?

More like inconsistency, the current NBA 2K18 MyLeagues/MyGM will still be using the old All-Star game format when you start a NBA season for a team.

To maintain the "simulation feel," this new rule change will require a game patch to make future MyLeague/MyGM files to have the new All-Star game format for team selection

More like inconsistency, the current NBA 2K18 MyLeagues/MyGM will still be using the old All-Star game format when you start a NBA season for a team.

To maintain the "simulation feel," this new rule change will require a game patch to make future MyLeague/MyGM files to have the new All-Star game format for team selection
Oh you are referring to THAT.

I was asking what the issue was to the new NBA Format (Standalone from 2K)

But yea, stuff like this should have been released in time for 2K to make changes.

I guess what 2K COULD do is just reformat it so that there is no East/West to simulate, "Captains choosing."

This game has it's moments. I ran a high pnp with Zo and Brook. The big didn't hedge and as I got into the paint the help starts to creep over. I slowed down for a split second, the help takes a half step to the corner man and I accelerate to the rack for the easy bucket. I went back and watched the replay and Zo actually looked at the corner man and gave a slight head fake when I slowed down and right when he did is when the help took a step over. There's little nuances like that all thru this game that you can't really appreciate unless you check the replay. Also I play on drive Cam and I almost feel like it's how this game was meant to be played

You have to be real methodical when you play this game. There's flaws and a bunch of stuff that you should be able to do and just can't but if you play the way 2k designed it, it's actually kinda dope

I just need that physical Switch version to drop already so I can finally have basketball on the go again :rolleyes

Every time I try and play with a friend it says game data out of sync or someone may still be in a game. Anyone else have this problem?

im thinking they changed the all star format cuz all of the stars are out west now. meaning a lot of allstars will have to get snubbed in the west, and there would barely be any in the east.

think about it.

the west has steph, kd, draymond, klay, russ, melo, cp3, harden, kawhi, AD, Cousins, Paul George, KAT, Dame, Griffin and thats off the top of my head.
east has lebron, wall, giannis, kyrie, IT? Wade? Lowry? Porzingis? Kemba? Who's the allstar big man? Whiteside?

its not even comparible. of course they had to change it. The east would barely have a cohesive starting 5. they really had no choice.

Why do you still have to pay for kicks if you have an endorsement

Exactly. In 2k17. Once you were endorsed by a company. All the kicks are free.

2k18 is all about VC. Getting so little VC from playing games. Gonna be hard to grind to a higher rank. Took a long time for me to grind to 75.

Had to specifically put the right skills in the proper place to make sure I level up.

This game has it's moments. I ran a high pnp with Zo and Brook. The big didn't hedge and as I got into the paint the help starts to creep over. I slowed down for a split second, the help takes a half step to the corner man and I accelerate to the rack for the easy bucket. I went back and watched the replay and Zo actually looked at the corner man and gave a slight head fake when I slowed down and right when he did is when the help took a step over. There's little nuances like that all thru this game that you can't really appreciate unless you check the replay. Also I play on drive Cam and I almost feel like it's how this game was meant to be played

You have to be real methodical when you play this game. There's flaws and a bunch of stuff that you should be able to do and just can't but if you play the way 2k designed it, it's actually kinda dope
Well said

Been messing around with MyCareer the past couple days. I think I’m good on it. They ruined my favorite mode. I’ll stick to myleague, actually been having fun with that.

There's certain little things that I've noticed that are pretty ridiculous for example , every now and then I experience a glitch where my ball handler will run towards the back court and get a back court violation. Not sure why that happens. I have to quickly throw an errant pass which usually results in a turn over. I somehow managed to find time to play 5 games yesterday and it happens in three of them.

There's certain little things that I've noticed that are pretty ridiculous for example , every now and then I experience a glitch where my ball handler will run towards the back court and get a back court violation. Not sure why that happens. I have to quickly throw an errant pass which usually results in a turn over. I somehow managed to find time to play 5 games yesterday and it happens in three of them.

This is always something that happens to me every so often and it has been happening since the early 2K days.

I always blame myself for it because there are time I do short/quick movements NEAR the half-court line. So when I am conscious of where the line is and just make sure I am completely across, I am usually good.

But if I am on the phone or reading while playing, it happens.

I would just say be super careful because it can easily happen. Feels like you are losing control at times.

This is always something that happens to me every so often and it has been happening since the early 2K days.

I always blame myself for it because there are time I do short/quick movements NEAR the half-court line. So when I am conscious of where the line is and just make sure I am completely across, I am usually good.

But if I am on the phone or reading while playing, it happens.

I would just say be super careful because it can easily happen. Feels like you are losing control at times.
I think it has to do with connectivity and temporarily timing out.

Yeah no way Russ, Curry, CP3, Klay, Dame, PG, Melo, Cousins, Davis, KD, Blake, Harden, Butler, Towns and Lonzo make the All Star team

I think it has to do with connectivity and temporarily timing out.

You are correct, it is a game issue.

Either way, my point is it happens and you are just going to have to be extra careful to make sure you don't.

It can be done. Trust me.

Ran a full sim game with the rockets vs thunder (CPU)....

Couldn't be more pleased with the outcome, flow of the game, team stats, individual stats, play styles, and tendencies :pimp:.

Roberson tendencies need tweaking. There's no way he's shooting close to 8 3's in a game, no matter how open he is....especially when he's already 0/5.

Westbrook is too good defensively is this game too. Need to scale his pick dodging, fighting over ball screens and awareness down a lil bit.

Ran a full sim game with the rockets vs thunder (CPU)....

Couldn't be more pleased with the outcome, flow of the game, team stats, individual stats, play styles, and tendencies :pimp:.

Roberson tendencies need tweaking. There's no way he's shooting close to 8 3's in a game, no matter how open he is....especially when he's already 0/5.

Westbrook is too good defensively is this game too. Need to scale his pick dodging, fighting over ball screens and awareness down a lil bit.

Yea the issue is the CPU can be tricked into taking open shots. His tendencies need work, but 2K doesn't really spend much time on that.

Also, to get Westbrook to a desired OVR, they had to inflate his defensive stats.

What is up with teammates bobbling and dropping passes this year? I should've ended a My Career game with damn near 20 dimes but instead I ended with like 13 - 14 cause everybody's hand are set to defensive lineman.

Back
Top Bottom