Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

I'm hoping that gets better as team chemistry goes up, the dropping passes and missing wide open shots that the opposing teams never do.

What is up with teammates bobbling and dropping passes this year? I should've ended a My Career game with damn near 20 dimes but instead I ended with like 13 - 14 cause everybody's hand are set to defensive lineman.

I actually prefer this.

Too many times in the past were catches clean. I would like to see more unforced turnovers in this game.

Most turnovers come from steals.

We need more loose ball fouls.

We need more bad passes.

We have the bobbled passes

I actually prefer this.

Too many times in the past were catches clean. I would like to see more unforced turnovers in this game.

We need more bad passes.

I can agree with this, with this being a game many forget about the realism the engine is mimicking. Reminds me of people who complain that a player missed a wide open layup, just one, in 2K forgetting that happens IRL almost weekly in the NBA. Word to Shaqtin-A-Fool.

It just happens a bit frequently for my taste as a PG who made the pass, they bobble it, gather and still score but I no longer get the assist bc the CPU hot-potatoed my pass. It's equivalent to passing to an open CPU player who then holds the ball in one spot for 6 seconds and THEN shoots. No Assists for you!

I'm hoping that gets better as team chemistry goes up, the dropping passes and missing wide open shots that the opposing teams never do.

Does team chemistry really change that? I mean just hadn't seen how that metric is used other than the CPU players feeling 'ok' with passing you the ball / having to call for the ball less.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican you got any sliders you use for this yet?

I'm hooping on "Superstar" on MyGM right now and i'm 15-0 :lol: :lol: :pimp: haven't touched the sliders yet.

It's still
I actually prefer this.

We need more bad passes.

See this is where I can't get with you :lol:. If my finger slips and I hit the wrong button sure. But I don't need more random foolery, that's not realistic. This game already punishes every little mistake as is

It's still

See this is where I can't get with you :lol:. If my finger slips and I hit the wrong button sure. But I don't need more random foolery, that's not realistic. This game already punishes every little mistake as is

Do you play ball? No shade, legit asking

I think what he is saying is that we are playing a sim and these things happen all the time. Think about how many times you make a good pass in pickup and the receiver catches it weird and the play you were initially trying to make closes up on you. I think that's fair. Just like we don't expect Shammy to hit EVERY 3...just most of them. :lol:

It's still

That is fine, we can disagree.

I hate how few turnovers are in this game outside of steals. I really hate it.

That is why lower the pass accuracy slider, hands, as well as crank up the loose ball fouls.

Do you play ball? No shade, legit asking

I think what he is saying is that we are playing a sim and these things happen all the time. Think about how many times you make a good pass in pickup and the receiver catches it weird and the play you were initially trying to make closes up on you. I think that's fair. Just like we don't expect Shammy to hit EVERY 3...just most of them. :lol:

You just cracked me up with that question and don't even realize it :lol:

What I'm saying is, I don't want to play a game where it feels like I don't have control of what's going on. In real life you don't just randomly make mistakes unless your technique is off. There's already enough cockamamie stuff in there as it is.

That is fine, we can disagree.

I hate how few turnovers are in this game outside of steals. I really hate it.

That is why lower the pass accuracy slider, hands, as well as crank up the loose ball fouls.

There's few turnovers probably because you know what you're doing. When I first got this game I was turning it over like crazy. Dribble into traffic and you're getting picked, realistic. Make a diagonal pass no matter how open, steal. Press the LOB button to throw it over the top of a defender, pick. Throw an outlet further than 10 feet, 50/50 chance it flies out of bounds. Not so realistic

Last edited:
This is easily my least favorite 2k ...the gameplay and My gm/My league are great ..but i mostly play my career when I’m by myself and it’s unbearable this year this the first time I’ve ever stop playing this early

What is up with teammates bobbling and dropping passes this year? I should've ended a My Career game with damn near 20 dimes but instead I ended with like 13 - 14 cause everybody's hand are set to defensive lineman.

once my team chemistry grade got higher, I saw less of this

Bruh I know this clown Porzingis didn't just come over my crib to give me his jersey. Where is the burn jersey while recording via YouTube option in MyCareer? I don't want to be associated with this dude at all B.

I know Derozan going to be disappointed when he comes by my crib just to see 3 pair of Jordans, 1 pair of Currys & 1 pair of Adidas Crazy 1s. We over here struggling with these bottom dollar endorsements fam.

My Philosophy re: "Uncontrollables."

I am already getting a "God's View" of a basketball game while playing. (Unrealistic). So I already have an advantage vs. real people playing basketball. (You aren't able to see the entire court.). Also, I am able to control 5 different entities in the span on one possession. (Unrealistic)

I am willing to trade in that for the sake of a few turnovers that are out of my control. (Hoping to achieve realistic turnover numbers)

This is easily my least favorite 2k ...the gameplay and My gm/My league are great ..but i mostly play my career when I’m by myself and it’s unbearable this year this the first time I’ve ever stop playing this early

I agree the unskippable cut scenes are annoying and this whole neighborhood thing is wack, but the gameplay is better than ever.

I don't mind grinding for badges and whatnot and since you still won't be near 99 ovr by the first season, there is finally a reason to continue on to season 2.

Even tho reaching a 99 prolly takes like 3 seasons.

Besides the micro transactions, the game is hella fun and gameplay wise one of the best 2K's ever..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom