Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Bruh I know this clown Porzingis didn't just come over my crib to give me his jersey. Where is the burn jersey while recording via YouTube option in MyCareer? I don't want to be associated with this dude at all B.

I know Derozan going to be disappointed when he comes by my crib just to see 3 pair of Jordans, 1 pair of Currys & 1 pair of Adidas Crazy 1s. We over here struggling with these bottom dollar endorsements fam.
Watch your mouth, fam

That's an honor

The shooting on this game needs patched soon. Literally 80% of all shots miss and it's never been a problem on any of the previous years and I've played since 2k1 on the Dreamcast.

So you routinely shoot 20% from the field?

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit on the % I miss but it's so damn annoying. Seems that even when the shot meter is good still miss most of the time. I'm playing versus online mode BTW.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit on the % I miss but it's so damn annoying. Seems that even when the shot meter is good still miss most of the time. I'm playing versus online mode BTW.

Turn off the meter and shoot like a normal human.

Dead serious.

Most people that shoot poorly watch the meter and never learn the shot. Like we USED to have to do.

Turn off the meter

No, is that where I'm going wrong?

Possibly. Although I haven’t played online this iteration, I’ve found in every previous game you have to play around with the release to make it more accurate when online. A hair quicker on the release usually works.

Anyone else care to chime in?

You just cracked me up with that question and don't even realize it :lol:

What I'm saying is, I don't want to play a game where it feels like I don't have control of what's going on. In real life you don't just randomly make mistakes unless your technique is off. There's already enough cockamamie stuff in there as it is.

There's few turnovers probably because you know what you're doing. When I first got this game I was turning it over like crazy. Dribble into traffic and you're getting picked, realistic. Make a diagonal pass no matter how open, steal. Press the LOB button to throw it over the top of a defender, pick. Throw an outlet further than 10 feet, 50/50 chance it flies out of bounds. Not so realistic

I am here for the comedy, so you welcome my G. :lol:

Seriously tho, how many cats in here hoop?

It sucks not feeling 'in control', especially in a game. But after reading DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican comment, it got me thinking of all the times Id make a good pass only for that person not to be expecting it and we don't score or that breaks our play.

for the people complaining about turnovers....

quick question....

so, when people finish the game with 10 or 11 assists and no turnovers would you be okay with saying they are more skilled in 2k than you?

for layups your supposed to release when the controller vibrates....

I think :lol:

yes

I'll try to do that.

And I understand that runs will happen. The issue is, at home vs. Cleveland...run happens. Ok, np. Then, next game at Detroit, home vs blazers, at NO, at Boston. All games where the same thing happened. Up big at half, game close again at the end of the 3rd. Even in some cases, blown out by 20.

so, you let teams back in the game? why do you stop scoring? do you let up because you are up by 20-30?

also, you named teams that can put points up. cleveland, detroit, blazers, NO, boston....all of those teams can run you. blazers back court? NO front court? boston and cleveland in general?

how are YOU letting the CPU back into a game when you're up by 20?

Exactly. In 2k17. Once you were endorsed by a company. All the kicks are free.

2k18 is all about VC. Getting so little VC from playing games. Gonna be hard to grind to a higher rank. Took a long time for me to grind to 75.

Had to specifically put the right skills in the proper place to make sure I level up.

lol @ took a long time. i have three 75 ovr characters. game hasn't even been out a month. how is it a long time?

What is up with teammates bobbling and dropping passes this year? I should've ended a My Career game with damn near 20 dimes but instead I ended with like 13 - 14 cause everybody's hand are set to defensive lineman.

glue hands and quick reflexes arent being maxed out yet. once they are, it'll be more realistic. also, if you throw to a man who is being double teamed, it's pretty likely he will bobble the pass. (or into a congested paint)

I actually prefer this.

Too many times in the past were catches clean. I would like to see more unforced turnovers in this game.

Most turnovers come from steals.

We need more loose ball fouls.

We need more bad passes.

We have the bobbled passes

this has been one of my biggest gripes with 2k in general and i ALWAYS adjust these sliders in offline franchise modes. there are FAR too little unforced turnovers in the game. now? you can't just launch the ball 90 feet every rebound. good. (skill)

That is fine, we can disagree.

I hate how few turnovers are in this game outside of steals. I really hate it.

That is why lower the pass accuracy slider, hands, as well as crank up the loose ball fouls.

this

The shooting on this game needs patched soon. Literally 80% of all shots miss and it's never been a problem on any of the previous years and I've played since 2k1 on the Dreamcast.

LOL

Turn off the meter and shoot like a normal human.

Dead serious.

Most people that shoot poorly watch the meter and never learn the shot. Like we USED to have to do.

Turn off the meter

or, try to practice shooting on HoF. once you are consistently hitting shots on HoF, going back to all-star (online and park) or superstar will seem EASY.

For the record, i turned the meter off day one in the park and havent used it once. therefore, no layup meter doesn't bother me either.

Possibly. Although I haven’t played online this iteration, I’ve found in every previous game you have to play around with the release to make it more accurate when online. A hair quicker on the release usually works.

Anyone else care to chime in?

yes.

in 15 and 17 i actually changed my gamespeed to around 47 48 to mimic online lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
also funny that people are openly complaining about feeling like they have no control..............but get very defensive when you suggest this is due to a gap in skill.

people are complaining about the difficulty of the game.....and admit they frustrated when trying to play the game casually....but let me say it....and i'm a troll.

people have been complaining about how easy 2k becomes on HoF for YEARS. before i even met DC i was making my own custom slider sets on 2k to make it MORE DIFFICULT

so they computer would have a chance.

now? i'm still playing on pro. the defensive rotations are lovely.

when playing as a pg for brooklyn, everyone collapses and doubles me.

as a big for golden state, EVERYONE STAYS HOME.

this is huge if you have played 2k for over a decade.

are there bugs in this new AI? sure.

is there literally any game that's ever been created with such a sophisticated AI? i don't know of any.

also, game has been out...19 days.

LMAO

I have a job and can only play at nights for a couple of hours if I’m lucky. That’s why it takes “A long time” for me to level up.

Good for you and your 3 characters at 75, though.

Unless I want to spend money on VC. Which I don’t.

I have a job and can only play at nights for a couple of hours if I’m lucky. That’s why it takes “A long time” for me to level up.

Good for you and your 3 characters at 75, though.

Unless I want to spend money on VC. Which I don’t.

am i not supposed to take this as a salty passive-aggressive response?

i work 60 hour weeks at a helpdesk, b.

i didn't buy any VC.

never have.

you misunderstood my entire response......and got defensive.....like a typical NTer.

MY POINT WAS:
game hasn't even been out a month...so how has it even been "a long time" to get to 75?

do you want to be a 99 in 19 days?

this is your gripe with the game?

you can only play after work at nights and it takes too long to level up for you, someone who plays a couple hours a night?

forreal, bro?

that's why 2k sucks? LMAO

legend has it the first 95 overall (which means he has the highest rep in the world) works a full-time job and just spends every other second playing mycareer.

are you guys comfortable saying HE has more skill? or at least more dedication?

no?

not even that?

LMAOOOOOOOOO

i'll drop a gem on you guys, and let's see if i get any props whatsoever....

make a BS character.

go into an online game mode with character (i think park works i know pro am for sure works)

play the game

go back to your practice gym

go to settings

move the minutes to the right, ONCE

it should now be on 1 minute quarters.

takes 10 minutes a game, 500 VC minimum.

my girl spend all morning racking up VC for me under a dummy character.

LETS SEE IF I GET THANKED OR TOLD "NOBODY CARES IDIOT WHO THINKS HE KNOWS STUFF"

(also, mogs STILL asking me about builds, even though i'm trash and don't know anything)

for the people complaining about turnovers....

quick question....

so, when people finish the game with 10 or 11 assists and no turnovers would you be okay with saying they are more skilled in 2k than you?

yes

so, you let teams back in the game? why do you stop scoring? do you let up because you are up by 20-30?

also, you named teams that can put points up. cleveland, detroit, blazers, NO, boston....all of those teams can run you. blazers back court? NO front court? boston and cleveland in general?

how are YOU letting the CPU back into a game when you're up by 20?

lol @ took a long time. i have three 75 ovr characters. game hasn't even been out a month. how is it a long time?

glue hands and quick reflexes arent being maxed out yet. once they are, it'll be more realistic. also, if you throw to a man who is being double teamed, it's pretty likely he will bobble the pass. (or into a congested paint)

this has been one of my biggest gripes with 2k in general and i ALWAYS adjust these sliders in offline franchise modes. there are FAR too little unforced turnovers in the game. now? you can't just launch the ball 90 feet every rebound. good. (skill)

this

LOL

or, try to practice shooting on HoF. once you are consistently hitting shots on HoF, going back to all-star (online and park) or superstar will seem EASY.

For the record, i turned the meter off day one in the park and havent used it once. therefore, no layup meter doesn't bother me either.

yes.

in 15 and 17 i actually changed my gamespeed to around 47 48 to mimic online lag.
Don't concern yourself with it.

Focus on your my players

Ain't nothing passive aggressive or hurt about it.

I'm just not gonna argue or have a pizzing contest with you or any other NTer over a game.

LOL k.

(you quoted my entire response to like 6 people to respond with THAT? LMAO enjoy 2k bro.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is up with teammates bobbling and dropping passes this year? I should've ended a My Career game with damn near 20 dimes but instead I ended with like 13 - 14 cause everybody's hand are set to defensive lineman.
Also, you getting nearly 20 assists has more to do with 2K and their LIBERAL counting of assists. So I would say for the few assists that bobbed passes takes away from you, many of the assists that you do get shouldn't even be counted as assists. Be fair.

I kinda know the answer, but are assists really given this liberally in the real NBA - Operation Sports Forums https://forums.operationsports.com/...-assists-really-given-liberally-real-nba.html

nah the assists are legit this year, DC. (i thought they were last year too) they tuned it to give you an assist whenever you set your teammate up...even if he bobbles or hesitates to gather the shot/layup, whatever.

i think it was to help people facilitate the post, which, in previous years, never got you an assist so noone bothered.

also, throwing the ball into the paint or at a cutter requires SURGICAL precision. (unless its a 7'3" 340 center standing still, apparently.)

am i not supposed to take this as a salty passive-aggressive response?

i work 60 hour weeks at a helpdesk, b.

i didn't buy any VC.

never have.

you misunderstood my entire response......and got defensive.....like a typical NTer.

MY POINT WAS:
game hasn't even been out a month...so how has it even been "a long time" to get to 75?

do you want to be a 99 in 19 days?

this is your gripe with the game?

you can only play after work at nights and it takes too long to level up for you, someone who plays a couple hours a night?

forreal, bro?

that's why 2k sucks? LMAO

legend has it the first 95 overall (which means he has the highest rep in the world) works a full-time job and just spends every other second playing mycareer.

are you guys comfortable saying HE has more skill? or at least more dedication?

no?

not even that?

LMAOOOOOOOOO

i'll drop a gem on you guys, and let's see if i get any props whatsoever....

make a BS character.

go into an online game mode with character (i think park works i know pro am for sure works)

play the game

go back to your practice gym

go to settings

move the minutes to the right, ONCE

it should now be on 1 minute quarters.

takes 10 minutes a game, 500 VC minimum.

my girl spend all morning racking up VC for me under a dummy character.

LETS SEE IF I GET THANKED OR TOLD "NOBODY CARES IDIOT WHO THINKS HE KNOWS STUFF"

(also, mogs STILL asking me about builds, even though i'm trash and don't know anything)

So your girl is a bum. No life. She spends all morning playing a game for you to rack up your VC???

You work 60 hours a week???

You must be fat. So get in the gym in real life, not 2K. Your girl must also be fat. Get her in the gym.

Smh.

It ain't that serious it's just a video game.

nah the assists are legit this year, DC. (i thought they were last year too) they tuned it to give you an assist whenever you set your teammate up...even if he bobbles or hesitates to gather the shot/layup, whatever.

i think it was to help people facilitate the post, which, in previous years, never got you an assist so noone bothered.

When I remember to do so, I will post videos of the game being ultra lenient with counting assists when it shouldn't be

Back
Top Bottom