Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Meh. I can acknowledge when I f up. Still doesn't mean it aint some bs. Like if I have a good pg and try to throw an outlet that goes flying into the 10th row.. that's my bad. But at the same time that's dumb as hell. Like I said earlier you have to play the way 2k wants you to play which takes trial and error.

I didn't have a console for like 10 years until last year but I remember going to some function years ago where they had 2k on. It had to be like 2k12 or something because I picked the baby warriors and washed somebody just because I understand how to play basketball. But this game you have to understand how to play 2k, if that makes sense

Meh. I can acknowledge when I f up. Still doesn't mean it aint bs. Like if I have a good pg and try to throw an outlet that goes flying into the 10th row.. that's my bad. But at the same time that's dumb as hell. Like I said earlier you have to play the way 2k wants you to play which takes trial and error.

I didn't have a console for like 10 years until last year but I remember going to some function years ago where they had 2k on. It had to be like 2k12 or something because I picked the baby warriors and washed somebody just because I understand how to play basketball. But this game you have to understand how to play 2k, if that makes sense

i get that.

having bball iq is infinitely more important than "2k IQ"

you can adjust to the game, but it's based on basketball, if you have no concept of good basketball, you will suck.

which is why a ton of the top youtubers and streamers who actually ATTEMPT to play 2k are typically not in the top percentile of skilled players.

i'd take a random with bball iq over a random who knows how to play 2k but has no basketball knowledge.

i do get what you're saying tho.

And I am saying That you feel THAT way because you aren't closely looking at how lenient they are

You're really locked in on this. Again, not saying you're wrong in any way, I just don't think that applies to me as much due to the nature of most of my assists I'm looking for and achieving. I have seen that happen tho.

i get that.

having bball iq is infinitely more important than "2k IQ"

you can adjust to the game, but it's based on basketball, if you have no concept of good basketball, you will suck.

Agreed. If you understand the X's & O's of basketball, then you will be able to mostly play with a very basic understanding of controls. The only downside is finding where 2K believes you are shooting a relatively not contested shot. Using RL experience here doesn't really help you know what kind of separation nets you a clean almost uncontested shot. Still learning that aspect of the game and how to get more open.

You're really locked in on this. Again, not saying you're wrong in any way, I just don't think that applies to me as much due to the nature of most of my assists I'm looking for and achieving. I have seen that happen tho.

Agreed. If you understand the X's & O's of basketball, then you will be able to mostly play with a very basic understanding of controls. The only downside is finding where 2K believes you are shooting a relatively not contested shot. Using RL experience here doesn't really help you know what kind of separation nets you a clean almost uncontested shot. Still learning that aspect of the game and how to get more open.

this year, for the first time, they're actually giving you feedback on how "contested" the shot was.

before it would either generate animations, or if someone was "locked" onto you via "intense D" it would register as "contested"

i have a bad habit of not even jumping at shooters, just pushing up into their bodies, because of this. in 18, that's lightly contested which is basically NOT contested.

a general rule of thumb tho, if you taking and making moderately contested shots in REAL life, you a baller. lol

i only shoot WIDE OPEN or LIGHTLY contested in real life. layups? i'm throwing my shoulder down into traffic and letting my linebacker experience take me to the cup. lol

so i would say, make sure you're EXTRA open in 2k, which is what i do in real life, anyway.

remember, though

longer the arms, the higher the contested shot. all my guys have max arm length....their contested jumpers are 4-8 above open. LOL i have a higher percentage of hitting covered than uncovered.....makes literally no sense. (i mean, i get why long arms give you a higher contested shot attribute, it's just dumb your OPEN shot drops because of that. it should be off dribble/contested payoff.

Meh. I can acknowledge when I f up. Still doesn't mean it aint some bs. Like if I have a good pg and try to throw an outlet that goes flying into the 10th row.. that's my bad. But at the same time that's dumb as hell. Like I said earlier you have to play the way 2k wants you to play which takes trial and error.

Why is that dumb as hell that an inaccurate pass happens in a basketball game?

the funny thing about in accurate passed in 2k18 is this:

either you're throwing the ball too far

into too much traffic (bobbles, bounce off them out of bounds)

or you're being guarded too closely for the amazing pass you're trying to complete.

period.

if you watch the clips i posted, you'll see i rarely turn the ball over more than 1 or 2 times running point. (and it's usually off goofy stuff like a bad pass to me, or trying to do a specific dribble move and accidentally doing a wrong one)

that's why.

See...this is why we call you an insecure child. Literally, nobody is talking about you :lol:. You occasionally come in here and boast about your "skill gap"....when that's not the topic of conversation. Dudes could be talking about tendencies, rosters, my gm and microtransactions....and you'll come out of nowhere with some "lmao's...you aren't good enough", "snap the disc in half". It's OD. People enjoy or don't enjoy the game for a multitude of reasons. You flat out act like an obnoxious child...who's only success in life is being ok at a game.

Relax dog. Go play pro am, or let your girl rack up VC. It's not that serious.

LMAO BRO. Where are your videos?

Why is that dumb as hell that an inaccurate pass happens in a basketball game?

Bro it's not hard to throw a pass to a guy all by himself in the open court, are you kidding? :lol:. I could see if I tried to throw it with some clumsy doof but not my pg.

It was way worse in last year's game. 0% chance. This year it's more like 50/50. I tend to just avoid it all together

Last edited:
Bro it's not hard to throw a pass to a guy all by himself in the open court, are you kidding? :lol:. I could see if I tried to throw it with some clumsy doof but not my phone.

It was way worse in last year's game. 0% chance. This year it's more like 50/50. I tend to just avoid it all together

50% chance?

Ok.

I won't.

this year, for the first time, they're actually giving you feedback on how "contested" the shot was.

before it would either generate animations, or if someone was "locked" onto you via "intense D" it would register as "contested"

i have a bad habit of not even jumping at shooters, just pushing up into their bodies, because of this. in 18, that's lightly contested which is basically NOT contested.

a general rule of thumb tho, if you taking and making moderately contested shots in REAL life, you a baller. lol

i only shoot WIDE OPEN or LIGHTLY contested in real life. layups? i'm throwing my shoulder down into traffic and letting my linebacker experience take me to the cup. lol

so i would say, make sure you're EXTRA open in 2k, which is what i do in real life, anyway.

remember, though

longer the arms, the higher the contested shot. all my guys have max arm length....their contested jumpers are 4-8 above open. LOL i have a higher percentage of hitting covered than uncovered.....makes literally no sense. (i mean, i get why long arms give you a higher contested shot attribute, it's just dumb your OPEN shot drops because of that. it should be off dribble/contested payoff.

:lol: I think I just found my answer as to whether or not you hoop.

That's my usual rule of thumb too, the part that takes getting used to in the separation needed for the light contest. Just gotta keep playing until I find that sweet spot for pull up jumpers and sometimes layups as well.

50% chance?

Ok.

I won't.

I see it all the time online too. Soon as I see a guy streaking I know it's gonna be a turnover. They put lil quirks like this in the game to keep it from being too arcadey and I get it and I work around it. Still unrealistic tho

I just hate when yall create false frequencies of a instance to support a claim. I know folks exaggerate but damn #NTextremes tp say it happens 50% of the time

It isn't just that but people complain about all forms of passing turnovers as if that is something that you should have control over.

It's that bad bro. I'm talking grab a board and hit ahead to a guy leaking out wide open. Last year, not happening. This year you might get lucky.

And why shouldn't you have control over what you do in the game? That's backwards to me. Yea if I pass to a guy when I'm off balance or he's on the move and doesn't have good hands, sure I should pay for that. But if I do everything right..nah. That's not even really a complaint I have tho but just the principle of it

I just hate when yall create false frequencies of a instance to support a claim. I know folks exaggerate but damn #NTextremes tp say it happens 50% of the time

It isn't just that but people complain about all forms of passing turnovers as if that is something that you should have control over.

:lol: I think I just found my answer as to whether or not you hoop.

That's my usual rule of thumb too, the part that takes getting used to in the separation needed for the light contest. Just gotta keep playing until I find that sweet spot for pull up jumpers and sometimes layups as well.

yeah, they made a big effort to tweak shots off dribble and mike wang (a dev) made a huge point on twitter to say that it's a lower percentage shot as opposed to standing still, open.

but, i hit an excellent pull up heavily contested in the above video on a fast break....

:pimp:

It's that bad bro. I'm talking grab a board and hit ahead to a guy leaking out wide open. Last year, not happening. This year you might get lucky.

And why shouldn't you have control over what you do in the game? That's backwards to me. Yea if I pass to a guy when I'm off balance or he's on the move and doesn't have good hands, sure I should pay for that. But if I do everything right..nah. That's not even really a complaint I have tho but just the principle of it

last year was madd easy to throw full court passes on the money, without bobble.

i have videos of me running point guard (triple doubles) with a lockdown 6'5" 250 lbs......who had...66 playmaking. LOL 50 dribble or something stupid like that.

this year, unless you have break starter, or the person you're throwing to has gold glue hands and is WIDE OPEN, it's gonna be a bobble, at best....out of bounds waaaay more times than not.

i'm LOVING that about 18. last year that type of pace was WILD unrealistic.

You shouldn't have control of when a TURNOVER is created.

That was my claim

last year was madd easy to throw full court passes on the money, without bobble.

i have videos of me running point guard (triple doubles) with a lockdown 6'5" 250 lbs......who had...66 playmaking. LOL 50 dribble or something stupid like that.

this year, unless you have break starter, or the person you're throwing to has gold glue hands and is WIDE OPEN, it's gonna be a bobble, at best....out of bounds waaaay more times than not.

i'm LOVING that about 18. last year that type of pace was WILD unrealistic.

We must've had different games :lol:. That was one of the things I had to adjust to last year. Then again it might be because I always ran with the lakers :/. Been branching out more this year

you can still set it to show shot feedback only. "excellent" > "green meter" imo lol

Nah I need that green glow :pimp:

You shouldn't have control of when a TURNOVER is created.

That was my claim

..you hoop?

hmmm maybe in play now it was a higher chance of TO...maybe that's due to the actual players...i dunno tho, i play now against friends in person, never had the issue...dunno (unless the defender cut the person off)

Back
Top Bottom