Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

yeah since i cant gameface i didn't make myself either lol

just make a role player, like actually him, or your fav legend.

I don't care for what DC says, hes now the one on the outside looking in, this game is flawed in so many ways. You cant post dumb gifs to try to defend this crap. Its blatantly obvious people on twitter, youtube and the forum arent happy.

1.Too many missed layups, yes I know the shot mechanics have changed, yet its been stated everywhere, they screwed it up. They could've left it the same as last year and no one would've said anything. Its not realistic
2.CPU pick & rolls tend to make my player move like hes glued to the screener. Its annoying, there's like a force field more than a foot surrounding the screen and the open player hits the 3 EVERYTIME. It feels predetermined.
3.I understand we want a realistic game but stop making the CPU come back every time I am up more than 8-10. Not every game has to be a nailbiter, its more annoying than fun.
4.CPU hits wide open EVERYTIME which is not realistic in real life, with my own two eyes, I have seen NBA players hit maybe 80% when open, not 100% of the damn time.
5.Also when I am driving in the lane and magically lose a ball on the CPU's feet, CPU players take off on a fastbreak and its impossible to even catch up and make an effort to block or contest the shot. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME A PLAYER DRIBBLING A BASKETBALL IS FASTER OR EQUAL THAN A PLAYER WITHOUT A BALL? Nah b. and I'm not talking Westbrook or Wall or Kyrie, I mean like small forwards and power forwards on the break.
6.They say theres no more canned animations but when a missed shot goes up and I hit triangle to rebound and my player doesnt jump AT ALL and Blake Griffin comes outta nowhere and bangs it in, thats some ****!

This game:

People on Xbox were losing their save files and 2k was like "stay away from career". This was a widespread issue too, not just your unlucky joe having his save file disappear.

Park has frame rate issues constantly, I lag out at least once per gaming session as well as my friends.

Haircuts were up to 1,500 VC and you couldn't transfer them to players, preview them, or keep them... Same thing with clothes.

You can't skip cutscenes, even if you played through career already, due to product placement

Layups are timed but no layup meter lol

Speed means nothing, 340 pound Glass cleaning centers are keeping up with 280 pound PFs. This isn't the first 2k game where speed was in issue.

They JUST fixed it where they show how upgrades effect attributes. Oh what's that I built my guy and worked on badges but see that the maxed out attributes are trash? Cool let me make a new one and buy VC.

Chris smoove covered the skill boosts issue

You have to send squad invites twice in Park. Their response: "are you sure the player you invited wasn't in another squad already?"

Pro am team arena issues. Members had to be in the same lobby, squaded up, and walk into the arena at the same time.

Funny enough 2k hot fixes the MyLeague VC earnings and nerfs badge progression points in pro am quickly but took over a week for attributes to show

If it wasn't for Reddit flaming 2K you would've received 35,000 VC instead of 200,000 VC for having your save file disappear

xbox is trash

frame rate is legitimate gripe. people are saying pros are unaffected LOL the devs have actually commented on this. the last patch made it like....less bad...but it's still pretty bad. before, you could miss entire animations due to the frame rate...

haircuts were jokes. i asked LDK if i would get a refund now that they are 100 vc.

skipping the cutscenes is a MAJOR gripe...not only are they boring/corny and too long....THEY ARE MUCH TOO FREQUENT... (part of the reason why i said outside of gameplay, this maybe the worst 2k ever)

layups? meh. i like how they had it originally. it's easier now, so, whatever.

the speed thing is a major issue. i'm not sure how they can address it. if they patch the game have weight negatively impact speed...what, are they going to change people's overalls? so now, people who are 90 ovrs are going to have their player's speed reduced by half? will they allow everyone to re-assign weight upon the patch release?

showing raw numbers is whatever. it's NICE, but to actually criticize 2k for not having it? meh. either way doesn't really matter to me.

squad invites? i mean, has this ever worked correctly?

pro am team issues are wild. east/west. supposedly you have to set up a VPN. when i played with a team we had to count down, then determine who was getting put into the lobby early or late, then compensate with a countdown (3, 2, 1) and we actually got 2 games in lol

so, ultimately, people who lost myplayers were given 250k? (that's typically the 99 dollar purchase of vc, correct?)

there are legitimate gripes.

end of the day, though,

none of these things make the game unplayable. the actual gameplay is fire. (a majority of the gripes aren't even actual GAMEPLAY related...)

fix frame rates in park (which i dont care about) and weight/speed relationship......then fix pro am team issues.....game perfect?

I submitted a ticket a week ago for lost VC, still haven't heard back

im actually surprised they gave any VC out, period.

in 17 i lost two players. took them FOREVER to try and replace.

i lost a guy when he was an 84 OVR, by the time they told me to create a file they would re-plug him into i had re-made the guy, and he was an 87 ovr. LOL

i said "i just want the VC i used on him" they were like "lol, que?"

that was also when i promised myself to never buy VC

I could care less about myplayer, mycareer, or w.e garbage 2k puts out.

All I care about is online leagues and online gameplay. Havent bought 2k since 2k14, should I buy or is this game trash?

I'll wait until Black Friday, but it's worth the purchase. Having fun with MyCareer.

For the people that signed Nike contracts, how long did it take to actually receive all the free shoes, pay and stuff because I accepted the terms and its been about 15 games since then and Bryan hasnt said anything.

I don't care for what DC says, hes now the one on the outside looking in, this game is flawed in so many ways. You cant post dumb gifs to try to defend this crap. Its blatantly obvious people on twitter, youtube and the forum arent happy.

1.Too many missed layups, yes I know the shot mechanics have changed, yet its been stated everywhere, they screwed it up. They could've left it the same as last year and no one would've said anything. Its not realistic
2.CPU pick & rolls tend to make my player move like hes glued to the screener. Its annoying, there's like a force field more than a foot surrounding the screen and the open player hits the 3 EVERYTIME. It feels predetermined.
3.I understand we want a realistic game but stop making the CPU come back every time I am up more than 8-10. Not every game has to be a nailbiter, its more annoying than fun.
4.CPU hits wide open EVERYTIME which is not realistic in real life, with my own two eyes, I have seen NBA players hit maybe 80% when open, not 100% of the damn time.
5.Also when I am driving in the lane and magically lose a ball on the CPU's feet, CPU players take off on a fastbreak and its impossible to even catch up and make an effort to block or contest the shot. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME A PLAYER DRIBBLING A BASKETBALL IS FASTER OR EQUAL THAN A PLAYER WITHOUT A BALL? Nah b. and I'm not talking Westbrook or Wall or Kyrie, I mean like small forwards and power forwards on the break.
6.They say theres no more canned animations but when a missed shot goes up and I hit triangle to rebound and my player doesnt jump AT ALL and Blake Griffin comes outta nowhere and bangs it in, thats some ****!

LOL @ "100%."

Again, using extremes just kills any credibility of your argument and it comes off as emotional. I am sure you haven't tracked every open shot the CPU has taken but of course, for the sake of YOUR argument, you can pretend you did. Of course.

As I always say Contact the devs and provide video evidence if that is the case.

Also, notice I only speak on CERTAIN topics. I never EVER mention the game is flawless, I do the exact opposite. But of course, the more attractive narrative is I cape for 2K and defend every thing.

But yea, just provide evidence if you feel the way you do and contact the devs

I hope you enjoy your experience

Last edited:
Miss too many layups

Too many dribbles off the leg with leads to turnover

Help defense is shaky, feels like your teammate is low key helping when he blocks the gaps...

Playing online is the worst. I'm used to playing with some lag but with the timing issues the lag is damn near impossible to casually play a game. You gotta be focused on the screen like it's game 7 every possession .

Gonna crank up the level to hall of fame and see how much the CPU smacks me

Idk I really haven’t had any problems with the layup timing. I miss a few here and there but it’s usually on me. A lot of my points come off driving fwiw.

My only gripe with the gameplay is dribbles off of the leg, and CPU offensive rebounds.

Other than that....this gameplay is AMAZING :pimp:.

Deandre Jordan would be Bill Russell if he played those years.
My only gripe with the gameplay is dribbles off of the leg, and CPU offensive rebounds.

Other than that....this gameplay is AMAZING :pimp:.

What's your PSN again?

Offensive rebounds are horrible. Worse than 2k13s.

Problem with layups is I don't know what the timing is supposed to be, like the shot meter. Am I missing something?

I will say though, the representation of the sixers is on point. Never seen so many wasted open looks, which is infuriating because the opposing team hits all theirs. Maybe I will leave mycareer and explore these other modes.

this layup thing is definitely going to be the reason a lot of controllers get tossed across the room. Nothing more frustrating than getting excited because you're on a fast break and you miss a wide open layup.... I wish yall could have saw my face.

Happened to me last night.:lol:

Looking past all my gripes, I was just sitting watching a game from the bench in MyPlayer, and the AI/mechanics/animations are so damn smooth. Could be the best basketball sim ever, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom