Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

The more I think about it the less I think it will happen.

If I am Philly and I don't think Turner's a good fit, I deal Igoudala and draft Turner.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Not Exactly JP

I think Philly still likes Iggy enough to play the three together but Philly is high on Favors with the Nets right there and slated to take him.

I think Minny has a big chance to move around in the draft especially with Fegan in control of Wall and having Rubio under contract as well.

Dan Fegan is going to try everything in his power to get Rubio moved whether your team wants to or not. (I hate that have my team has been represented by him)

Imagine if Washington deals the 1 for Rubio and the 4

Would never happen in my eyes but just saying Fegan is going to try to push owners around with that.

Dan Fegan has no control in what the Timberwolves do... at all
laugh.gif
. He can want what he wants but in the end it really doesn't matter.

Why would he do everything in his power to get Rubio to a big city (again, it's not NY or CHI but still not sure what's wrong with Minneapolis) which would in the end cause Wall to be shipped off to a smaller city? How does that make sense?

Sounds like Philly is high on Cousins too. Also, if we're willing to take on one of their bigger contracts like Dalembert or whatever (we have cap room), then maybe they'd warm up to the deal.

West Coast Workout Swing Part 3: Joe Abunassar's Impact Basketball
May 19, 2010
Joseph Treutlein

Quite possibly the most impressive player in attendance here, Avery Bradley put on an outstanding shooting display in both drills and scrimmages, showing off his picture perfect form while many times making those in attendance wonder if he can miss a shot. In drills, Bradley looked very smooth pulling up off a confident dribble, knocking down a variety of shots, while also showing off his excellent athleticism in transition, putting his 37.5 inch vertical leap to good use.

Where Bradley really impressed though was the scrimmages, where his team rarely lost and he made great use of the floor’s spacing, getting to open spots of the floor with ease, showing no troubles getting separation from his man. With his excellent body control, balance, and elevation, Bradley just needs a glimmer of space to get his shot off, and he showed that especially playing the pick-and-roll game. Bradley hit a variety of pull-up jumpers from the mid-range and from behind the arc, many with a hand in his face, which didn’t seem to do much. He incorporated in some hesitation dribbles and fakes to get separation when his first move didn’t work, but mostly didn’t need it, just being so proficient out of simple pick-and-rolls.

Bradley was able to dominate constantly looking for his shot out of pick-and-rolls, but he didn’t really excel finding his teammates, something that wasn’t problematic here but did lead to some troubles at Texas this past season, as he’s prone to showing tunnel vision looking for his own shot. While it’s tough to take much concrete from these scrimmages, nothing we saw here suggested Bradley is yet ready to be a full-time point guard in the NBA, in line with what we saw from him all season.

Bradley also didn’t show much in terms of finishing at the rim, though to be fair the way he was playing, he didn’t need to try. He is a bouncy athlete in space for sure, but he did have some troubles finishing at the rim in college this season, and it’d be nice to see him continue to work on his floater.

Defensively, Bradley likewise shined, using his full 6’7 wingspan to great use, never giving up on a play, and constantly trying to affect plays from behind when beat. He did a good job battling through pick-and-rolls and played physical, intense defense pretty much every possession, having some great battles with the other small guards here. Bradley also appeared to be a very good teammate, encouraging others and being pretty vocal in general.

Seeing Bradley run so many pick-and-rolls and play in an environment with much more spacing than he saw at Texas, it’s not hard to see many reasons why he has the potential to be a better NBA player than he was in college, especially if he can go to a system that emphasizes those two concepts. Bradley’s 6’7 wingspan also bodes well for his chances of defending shooting guards at the next level, at least reserves, many of which are 6’5 and under. While there are questions about his position, Bradley certainly brings quite a few NBA skills to the table, and could be capable of contributing immediately in the right situation, though situation should be critical to his early chances at success.
Hmmm, who does that sound like as they were coming into the draft?

If I'm Memphis, I might just take a good look at Bradley for the 12th pick. James Anderson would be nice as well.

Oh I know That JP

I was just trying to say Fegan is a PIA and would do "drastic" things like that.

laugh.gif

Oh I know That JP

I was just trying to say Fegan is a PIA and would do "drastic" things like that.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

May 19, 2010
Joseph Treutlein

Quite possibly the most impressive player in attendance here, Avery Bradley put on an outstanding shooting display in both drills and scrimmages, showing off his picture perfect form while many times making those in attendance wonder if he can miss a shot. In drills, Bradley looked very smooth pulling up off a confident dribble, knocking down a variety of shots, while also showing off his excellent athleticism in transition, putting his 37.5 inch vertical leap to good use.

Where Bradley really impressed though was the scrimmages, where his team rarely lost and he made great use of the floor’s spacing, getting to open spots of the floor with ease, showing no troubles getting separation from his man. With his excellent body control, balance, and elevation, Bradley just needs a glimmer of space to get his shot off, and he showed that especially playing the pick-and-roll game. Bradley hit a variety of pull-up jumpers from the mid-range and from behind the arc, many with a hand in his face, which didn’t seem to do much. He incorporated in some hesitation dribbles and fakes to get separation when his first move didn’t work, but mostly didn’t need it, just being so proficient out of simple pick-and-rolls.

Bradley was able to dominate constantly looking for his shot out of pick-and-rolls, but he didn’t really excel finding his teammates, something that wasn’t problematic here but did lead to some troubles at Texas this past season, as he’s prone to showing tunnel vision looking for his own shot. While it’s tough to take much concrete from these scrimmages, nothing we saw here suggested Bradley is yet ready to be a full-time point guard in the NBA, in line with what we saw from him all season.

Bradley also didn’t show much in terms of finishing at the rim, though to be fair the way he was playing, he didn’t need to try. He is a bouncy athlete in space for sure, but he did have some troubles finishing at the rim in college this season, and it’d be nice to see him continue to work on his floater.

Defensively, Bradley likewise shined, using his full 6’7 wingspan to great use, never giving up on a play, and constantly trying to affect plays from behind when beat. He did a good job battling through pick-and-rolls and played physical, intense defense pretty much every possession, having some great battles with the other small guards here. Bradley also appeared to be a very good teammate, encouraging others and being pretty vocal in general.

Seeing Bradley run so many pick-and-rolls and play in an environment with much more spacing than he saw at Texas, it’s not hard to see many reasons why he has the potential to be a better NBA player than he was in college, especially if he can go to a system that emphasizes those two concepts. Bradley’s 6’7 wingspan also bodes well for his chances of defending shooting guards at the next level, at least reserves, many of which are 6’5 and under. While there are questions about his position, Bradley certainly brings quite a few NBA skills to the table, and could be capable of contributing immediately in the right situation, though situation should be critical to his early chances at success.

If I'm Memphis, I might just take a good look at Bradley for the 12th pick. James Anderson would be nice as well.

Mike Conley Jr?

Did yall see Doug Gottleib's top-5 mock just now
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Wizards - John Wall

76ers - Wes Johnson

Nets - Derrick Favors

Timberwolves - Evan Turner

Kings - Greg Monroe

3/5 picks I agree with....

also...for the T-Wolves fans out there...how the hell is Rubio/Flynn gonna work? Someone has to be moved, no?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Thats what I meant, aint no way in hell Petrie takes any other PG at 5 if it aint Wall. Maybe with the 33 pick
nerd.gif
I really hope they go after Wes Johnson, kid seems mature and talented enough to fit in with this young team. Hopefully somehow we move Noc and Garcia.......
Yeah, a lot of mock drafts got the Kings selecting Johnson. However, it really depends what the T-Wolves do because they can take Johnson and that will mean potentially that Cousins will still be available.

We have a lot of SFs on the team like Greene, Casspi, Garcia, and Noc, so I'm not sure about taking Johnson to be honest. Getting rid of the two older ones would be awesome though. 

that is it. the warriors better find a way to move up to 2. how the @%+% they get the 6th pick!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
i know the sixers needs a sg and sf. We give them that cry baby monta and mag and the 6th pick for their 2nd pick with Iggy. Hell they could have that sorry !%* bust Brandan wrong too. I want Turner in a warriors jersey by draft day. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Per Woj:

Dude Tweeted that Portland and Houston will work the phone lines to get the #3-4 pick.
Houston must want Favors/Cousins to fill the need inside.
All i know is, In Morey I Trust!
Yep. Gotta be Favors or Cousins.

One of our SF's more then likely gone in the process.
I trust Morey too, but is losing Ariza (reasonable contract) and Chase (better than expected rookie season) worth it? The Rockets have the depth to make a big trade, but is Favors/Cousins going to help the Rockets win now?

Luis Scola deserves some love. Haha.

Chris Bosh or bust! 

Philly should stick with their pick. i love that wing of Jrue, Turner, and Iggy. absolutely love it.

and IMO, after the top 10 or so picks, the talent level drops tremendously, and the middle 1st round isnt that great.

i feel that there can be a lot steals in the real real late 1st rounders, and 2nd rounders.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

May 19, 2010
Joseph Treutlein

Mike Conley Jr?

lol i don't know if that was saracasm or what?

I'd take Bradley in the 10-13 range and wouldn't think twice about it.

I don't know if you can mold him into a PG, but I know what I'm getting with him and it's a great defender who at the very least can be a 6th man/combo guard down the road. I'll take that value in that range.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

76ers - Wes Johnson

Nets - Derrick Favors
Don't understand this at all. Someone want to explain?
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

also...for the T-Wolves fans out there...how the hell is Rubio/Flynn gonna work? Someone has to be moved, no?
Flynn had an average rookie year, nothing special whatsoever. However, he had absolutely ZERO weaponsaround him too. We'll see what Minnesota brings in this summer in terms of draft/free agency/trades because then, when you put talent around Flynn for him to work with, we'll have a better barometer of where the kid's at. Not many PGs can manage to put up solid numbers while paying with pure @*#$...

If I'm just looking at his rookie year and judging him solely on his performance in that particular season, I believe that he will be a sixth man when Rubio comes over or he will be gone in the next few years. The Timberwolves basically told everyone with their actions that they don't believe that Rubio and Flynn can play together for the long term when they stated how much interest they had in Evan Turner.

A Derrick Favors/Brook Lopez frontcourt could be murder. Its rare as hell to see a dominant PF/C combo nowdays. Gasol/Bynum is pretty much the only one....

They need more of a true PG down the road tho. Not a Devin Harris fan at all for that team. I love the potential for that roster tho...if they could package Harris to a team in the middle of the first and pull Bradley, I'd prolly do it....they need a PG who can distribute.
I can see Bradley going as high as 10 to Indy.

I was just sitting up here reading about him beasting in these workouts too, wouldn't be surprised if his stock shot up either....some of these mock drafts got him going hella low (bottom of the 1st Ive seen in a couple)....

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Per Woj:

Dude Tweeted that Portland and Houston will work the phone lines to get the #3-4 pick.
Houston must want Favors/Cousins to fill the need inside.
All i know is, In Morey I Trust!
Yep. Gotta be Favors or Cousins.

One of our SF's more then likely gone in the process.
I trust Morey too, but is losing Ariza (reasonable contract) and Chase (better than expected rookie season) worth it? The Rockets have the depth to make a big trade, but is Favors/Cousins going to help the Rockets win now?

Luis Scola deserves some love. Haha.

Chris Bosh or bust! 

Chris Bosh or bust is how i see it as well
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Flynn had an average rookie year, nothing special whatsoever. However, he had absolutely ZERO weaponsaround him too. We'll see what Minnesota brings in this summer in terms of draft/free agency/trades because then, when you put talent around Flynn for him to work with, we'll have a better barometer of where the kid's at. Not many PGs can manage to put up solid numbers while paying with pure @*#$...
You keep bringing up the zero weapons reasoning to why Flynn had a average rookie season, but last time I checked, Al Jefferson and Kevin Love aren't exactly hot garbage. Corey Brewer even went on that three point shooting streak last season.Ok, he's not reliable. But really though, the Kings had a lot less talent than the Wolves and yet Tyreke did his thing anyways. I am not blaming Flynn for his average season, which really isn't that bad anyways besides the high turnovers (but that is expected), but maybe the triangle offense ran by Rambis had a bigger effect than the zero weapons around him.  

Yeah the triangle is not for Flynn. I see him being a sixth man when Rubio gets here(hopefully). Just telling Flynn to go out and score would help him.
I don't think the Sixers want a wing. I think Favors is there guy, but you cant pass on that line up of Holiday, Turner, and Iggy could help on the defensive end.

nicedudewithnicedreams
He needs quality wings though. Brewer improved this year, but he's still not where he can be yet. Then we went through a mix of Gomes/Ellington/Wilkins
sick.gif

That's nothing.

All the top prospects (Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, Johnson, Aminu, Davis) will not be taking part in drills according to DraftExpress.

76ers - Wes Johnson

Nets - Derrick Favors
I don't see Philly passing up on Turner at all... He could be a nice piece to that squad. & if for some odd reason they do, Jersey definitly won't pass him up.

Back
Top Bottom