Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

^ You don't see the advantage in them taking Favors? Once Brand's contract is gone he would be a terrific piece. Obviously, Turner would be good too, but I can see why they'd like Favors or possibly even Cousins.

JPZ...hindsight is 20/20, but with the team very high on Evan Turner (who could play the 1), do you think it was a waste for the T-Wolves to draft 2 PG's last year? If you do end up w. Turner, you're going to have a log-jam. I dunno what kind of return an unproven Rubio would bring, but I bet a lot of teams would be VERY interested in his services.

The problem is that Brand is going to be with the team another 3-4 years.
laugh.gif

Speights is decent too, though not the prospect that Favors is.

Rubio is the goods, but i really think Minny should have traded that pick beforehand.

and i like speights. i like that whole philly team in all, i know i said this a lot, but that team has been underachieving all season long.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'd take Bradley in the 5-10 range and wouldn't think twice about it.

I don't know if you can mold him into a PG, but I know what I'm getting with him and it's a great defender who at the very least can be a 6th man/combo guard down the road. I'll take that value in that range.
There is no way he doesn't end up as a top 10 player from this draft...Kid would be top 5 possibly if he hadn't been unfortunate to play under Rick Barnes.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I dunno what kind of return an unproven Rubio would bring, but I bet a lot of teams would be VERY interested in his services.
I keep telling BangDak that, but dude thinks that the Knicks are going to be the only team vying for his services and they'll be able to lowball the Timberwolves or something
laugh.gif

Won't happen. And either way, Kahn is intent on keepng him.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

76ers - Wes Johnson

Nets - Derrick Favors
I don't see Philly passing up on Turner at all... He could be a nice piece to that squad. & if for some odd reason they do, Jersey definitly won't pass him up.
Yeah Turner should be a LOCK for us. I believe, in all honestly and even me being a huge wall fan, that Turner could def. end up being the better pro than Wall. A lineup consisting of:

Holiday/Williams
Iggy/Iverson(if he comes back for another season)
Turner/Kapono
Young/Speights
Brand/Dalembert
Pretty good nuclues and with a good verteran coach, hopefully a playoff berth finally
tired.gif

Do you think Sixers should trade Iggy to try to sign a major player in free agency?

Originally Posted by dreClark

How can the Warriors pass on Udoh?

They have about 3 other ones on their roster:

Brandon Wright
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Tolliver
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I dunno what kind of return an unproven Rubio would bring, but I bet a lot of teams would be VERY interested in his services.
I keep telling BangDak that, but dude thinks that the Knicks are going to be the only team vying for his services and they'll be able to lowball the Timberwolves or something
laugh.gif

Won't happen. And either way, Kahn is intent on keepng him.
Never ever did i say the Knicks would be the only team trying to get him, but i can almost bet they'll be the most persistent, and the team that can give the best offer.

Keeping him would even be a worse mistake.

What i dont understand is, why did walsh trade Darko to Minny, without trying to at least pry away rubio's rights.

Originally Posted by JPZx

ESPN's Chad Ford --
Minny may move up

Look for the Minnesota Timberwolves to make a strong play to trade up to No. 2. The Wolves are very, very high on Evan Turner. They feel his versatility, scoring ability and court presence is the perfect fit for their young club.

The Sixers, on the other hand, aren't a perfect fit for Turner. Both Andre Iguodala and rookie Jrue Holiday are versatile guards who can defend multiple positions and handle the ball. And like Turner, neither is a lights-out shooter.

With Minnesota pining hard for Turner, don't be surprised to see the Wolves offer up the No. 4 and either the No. 16 or the No. 23 pick to Philly to move up two spots.That would allow the Wolves to get the guy they've coveted all along in the draft and give Philly an extra pick and a shot at another guy they're high on -- Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins or Syracuse's Wesley Johnson.
Probably speculating on his part, but if Minnesota could get Evan Turner for just the #4 and #16 that'd be fantastic. Some were saying before the draft that the Timberwolves might have taken Turner at #1 if they had gotten lucky, so it's obvious they were very high on the kid. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up the house to get him.

Is Philadelphia really that high on Cousins and Johnson?

By the way:

nh07e8.png

That was shortly after the lottery results were revealed. Doesn't seem like he'd have any problem going to Minnesota.

This is rediculous. I've heard that they would take Evan Turner even if they got the number 1 pick. If they ended up staying at the 6 spot like they were projected they would move back for Xavier Henry or get a veteran impact player in return. Either way Ed Stefanski wanted a shooting guard that could be the number 1 option on offense. They haven't even talked about drafting another power forward when they already have a ton of money invested in Brand and they have Speights who's a really good young player. Also Thad plays some at the 4 as well. One scenario I wouldn't rule out is if Atlanta wanted to throw in Joe Johnson if they know he's leaving.

Everybody forgetting about Paul George too I see.

And if Philly not going to take Turner, they might as well trade Brand/2nd pick to Memphis for Randolph/12th pick and there you go.
grin.gif

I don't see Wes Johnson being much better than somebody like Paul George, Xavier Henry or Luke Babbitt.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by franchise3

Per Woj:

Dude Tweeted that Portland and Houston will work the phone lines to get the #3-4 pick.
Houston must want Favors/Cousins to fill the need inside.
All i know is, In Morey I Trust!
Yep. Gotta be Favors or Cousins.

One of our SF's more then likely gone in the process.
I trust Morey too, but is losing Ariza (reasonable contract) and Chase (better than expected rookie season) worth it? The Rockets have the depth to make a big trade, but is Favors/Cousins going to help the Rockets win now?

Luis Scola deserves some love. Haha.

Chris Bosh or bust! 

Chris Bosh or bust is how i see it as well
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
im not trippin over bosh i just want cousins in houston.  

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Everybody forgetting about Paul George too I see.
From what little I've seen of him, I'm a fan. Especially if he gets drafted in the middle to late first round.

I'm praying the Wolves trade up to get Turner and trade either Love or Al for someone slick. Can't wait for the wonderboy Rubio to get over here.

Are people in Minnesota really that down on Jonny Flynn? Honestly, I see him being more of a mainstay in the Twin Cities over Rambis and his triangle offense. Could it be that Rambis' system isn't conducive to the players that are on the roster?

That's exactly what it is. Put better wing players around Flynn and get that black hole Jefferson off that team and watch him flourish.

Rubio is the only player that I really *!%@%+* want on the Knicks. Been a fan of him for years now. I hate Minnesota
laugh.gif
no offense JPZ.

I want Flynn to stay here. Get rid of Ramon Session, hopefully Rambis will understand that Flynn can lead this team and the triangle is not for him. Love and Darko is a better front court than having Al in there. Plus the Wolves need some shooter off that bench.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Rubio is the only player that I really *!%@%+* want on the Knicks. Been a fan of him for years now. I hate Minnesota
laugh.gif
no offense JPZ.
No offense taken... that seems to be a popular opinion on here
laugh.gif

What I hate is that it seems like the Timberwolves are basing which player they should get rid of, Love or Jefferson, on Darko Milicic. They noticed that during the second half Love and Darko didn't mesh well, but Al and Darko did. Rambis has stated he really feels like he can turn Darko into something, so I could realistically see them shipping off Love to somewhere else due to him and Darko not connecting, despite Kevin Love being the better player. It's discouraging, really.
Originally Posted by Bangdak

Keeping him would even be a worse mistake.
Elaborate.

If they get rid of Love and don't get an All-Star calibur SG in return then they deserve to be stuck in the abyss of losing for as long as they can. You don't come across players as great as Love is very often. That would be a HUGE mistake to pick Jefferson over Love. Love has great court vision, is the best rebounder in the game and can operate very well without the ball. Jeff stays in one spot and waits for the ball to come to him, barely rebounds, barely plays a lick of defense and needs the ball to be effective.

That team could potentially be modeled after the Suns with Rubio, Flynn, Turner, Love, Brewer and a few other pieces.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by dreClark

How can the Warriors pass on Udoh?

They have about 3 other ones on their roster:

Brandon Wright
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Tolliver
roll.gif
Udoh is bigger and better than all of them coming out of school.

So my question still stands.

ALL SIXERS FANS..

PM me.. i'm the GM for the sixers in the mock draft.. just want to bounce some ideas off of you guys

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

Originally Posted by Proshares

That team could potentially be modeled after the Suns with Rubio, Flynn, Turner, Love, Brewer and a few other pieces.
pimp.gif
But you still got this guy:

4184963780_d5ff11b570.jpg

And I still hear the same "the Wolves need better wing players" excuse for Flynn. The Wolves as a team might not be good because they have non-reliable shooters surrounding Jefferson, Love, and Flynn, but at the end of the day, Flynn has to produce himself. He is more of a scoring PG in the first place so he has to be aggressive 24/7.

So when Rubio comes to the Wolves and fails to have a spectacular rookie season, are we going to use the same "Wolves need better wing players" excuse for him too? And honestly, Flynn's rookie season wasn't even bad, I don't know why it's brought up so much. Big adjustment running the triangle offense and I'm glad Rambis actually stuck with him and not bench him for the more experienced Sessions.

SMH @ Sessions falling off so much in Minny though... Double-double machine on the Bucks for a short minute.      

Back
Top Bottom