Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

My man.
pimp.gif

Gottlieb's rankings should cause a stir in here.

I was hoping Ford's "write-up" would tell me something about Dev that I didn't already know.

sick.gif
 Damn Dwayne Collins. 6'8 with a 7'4" wingspan  

Does anybody think Thad is good as gone if the 76ers pick up Turner? I see them getting rid of Thad before Iguodala because Iggy is more fit towards being a SF with Turner playing SG. Thad playing PF long-term just won't be a good look for the team going forward.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I had no idea Greg Monroe was regarded so highly...... Who do yall think would fill the Kings need at #5? Clearly a PG would be nice, but after Wall there ain't anybody...
I doubt the Kings will draft a PG unless its Wall. I hope Cousins falls to #5, but Petrie might make some moves or pick someone else...

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I had no idea Greg Monroe was regarded so highly...... Who do yall think would fill the Kings need at #5? Clearly a PG would be nice, but after Wall there ain't anybody...
I doubt the Kings will draft a PG unless its Wall. I hope Cousins falls to #5, but Petrie might make some moves or pick someone else...

Thats what I meant, aint no way in hell Petrie takes any other PG at 5 if it aint Wall. Maybe with the 33 pick
nerd.gif
I really hope they go after Wes Johnson, kid seems mature and talented enough to fit in with this young team. Hopefully somehow we move Noc and Garcia.......

Welcome to DC John Wall, dont care what anybody says we are not giving that pick up. Time to give Arenas his walking papers and make Wall the new face of the franchise. Havent been this excited about Washington basketball since we were the Bullets.u

I thought I was the only one who noticed how happy Jrue Holiday seemed to be when Philly didnt get the first pick lmao

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You know he was happy they didn't get the first pick. I'm sure he likes having a job.

Thats exactly what was going through my mind as the #2 pick was being announced
laugh.gif

BTW is anybody else here having suicidal thoughts after their teams didn't get the #1? I know i am
smh.gif
frown.gif
Please give me some positives that come with the #5 pick and who we could possibly take?
im having flashbacks to last years draft
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

sick.gif
 Damn Dwayne Collins. 6'8 with a 7'4" wingspan  

Does anybody think Thad is good as gone if the 76ers pick up Turner? I see them getting rid of Thad before Iguodala because Iggy is more fit towards being a SF with Turner playing SG. Thad playing PF long-term just won't be a good look for the team going forward.
According to a dude I know that knows people within the Sixers organization they will trade Thad Young this summer. They think he hasn't fit in well as a small forward next to Iggy and he's easier to move because he's still on his rookie contract. Alot of teams will be interested.

[h1]Mock Draft Lottery[/h1]

By Aran_Smith

Wed, 05/19/2010 - 1:56am

With the ping-pong balls creating surprises in the NBA draft lottery, the Wizards and 76ers were lucky winners, while the Nets, Timberwolves and Warriors each dropped two spots.

Let's look at how things may go for all the lottery teams on June 24. 
[table][tr][td]1.[/td][td]
was_25.gif

[/td][td]
john-wall-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
John Wall 6-3 185 PG KentuckyFr.
[/td][td]
This team has been through a great deal of turmoil over the past season with the whole Arenas fiasco. What better way to start fresh than with John Wall as the new face of the franchise?.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td][td]
phi_25.gif

[/td][td]
evan-turner-hd_0.jpg
[/td][td]
Evan Turner 6-7 217 SF Ohio St. Jr.
[/td][td]
Turner gives the Sixers an ideal backcourt mate for Jrue Holiday. Turner has been compared by some to Andre Iguadala, and now he'll likely be playing alongside him.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td][td]
njn_25.gif

[/td][td]
derrick-favors-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
Derrick Favors 6-9 245 PF Georgia Tech Fr.
[/td][td]
While Favors isn't nearly as NBA ready as some of his fellow draftees, he's got tremendous upside. Considering their top two players are at PG (Devin Harris) and C (Brook Lopez), a power forward with upside fits them perfectly.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td][td]
min_25.gif

[/td][td]
wesley-johnson-hd_0.jpg
[/td][td]
Wesley Johnson 6-7 210 SF Syracuse Jr.
[/td][td]
Minnesota could opt for DeMarcus Cousins here, but with two big men inside that are similarly skilled as Cousins (Al Jefferson and Kevin Love), grabbing an athletic small forward like Johnson makes more sense.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td][td]
sac_25.gif

[/td][td]
demarcus-cousins-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
DeMarcus Cousins 6-11 280 PF/C Kentucky Fr.
[/td][td]
Cousins has a chance to go as high as third in this year's draft. A lot will likely come down to how he does on psychological tests with teams. His skill level for a player his size is extremely high, but so are his red flags.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td][td]
gsw_25.gif

[/td][td]
al-farouq-aminu-hd.jpg
[/td][td]
Al Farouq Aminu 6-8 218 SF Wake Forest So.
[/td][td]
Like the Kings, the Warriors were big losers in the lottery slipping two spots. Wes Johnson makes a lot of sense if he slips to them. Otherwise the team will likely decide between Aminu and Greg Monroe. Donatas Motiejunas will also get some looks here.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td][td]
det_25.gif

[/td][td]
greg-monroe-hd_0.jpg
[/td][td]
Greg Monroe 6-10 240 PF Georgetown So.
[/td][td]
Monroe will likely get interest from the fourth pick on. He lacks the athleticism of the other bigs, but has more versatility. After taking three small forwards in last year's draft, the Pistons need to go a little bigger.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td][td]
lac_25.gif

[/td][td]
patrick-patterson-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
Patrick Patterson 6-8 245 PF Kentucky Jr.
[/td][td]
Small forward is the position of need for the Clips, but unless Wesley Johnson or Aminu is here, they may be forced to take value. The Clips go for a backup for last year's No. 1 pick, Blake Griffin.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td][td]
uth_25.gif

[/td][td]
cole-aldrich-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
Cole Aldrich 6-11 250 C Kansas Jr.
[/td][td]
Mehmet Okur is coming off a season-ending injury and this team had some success with former Jayhawk Greg Ostertag. They will hope Aldrich is a new and improved version.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td][td]
ind_25.gif

[/td][td]
xavier-henry-hd_0.jpg
[/td][td]
Xavier Henry 6-6 220 SG Kansas Fr.
[/td][td]
Indiana is most in need of a point guard, but 10 is far too high to consider anyone such as Eric Bledsoe or Armon Johnson. Henry would make a nice complement to Danny Granger as a pure shooter from the perimeter.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td][td]
no_25.gif

[/td][td]
donatas-motiejunas-hd.jpg
[/td][td]
Donatas Motiejunas 6-11 230 PF Lithuania 1990
[/td][td]
There are real concerns about Motiejunas' NBA readiness and ability to defend. He is likely a few years away, but he possesses a rare combination of size, speed and offensive skill.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td][td]
mem_25.gif

[/td][td]
avery-bradley-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
Avery Bradley 6-3 185 SG Texas Fr.
[/td][td]
Memphis has two late first-round picks and, with Rudy Gay's uncertainty as a restricted free agent, should be able to find a comparable small forward there. Bradley plays the same position as O.J. Mayo but is a talent. He will need time to fulfill his potential.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td][td]
tor_25.gif

[/td][td]
ed-davis-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
Ed Davis 6-9 220 PF North Carolina So.
[/td][td]
With Chris Bosh possibly on the way out, a young post with upside like Davis could be in the cards for Toronto.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]14.[/td][td]
hou_25.gif

[/td][td]
hassan-whiteside-hd.jpeg
[/td][td]
Hassan Whiteside 7-0 235 C Marshall Fr.
[/td][td]
Whiteside would provide a solid backup and a long-term replacement with Yao Ming's health status in question.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by franchise3

Per Woj:

Dude Tweeted that Portland and Houston will work the phone lines to get the #3-4 pick.
Houston must want Favors/Cousins to fill the need inside.
All i know is, In Morey I Trust!
daryl-morey.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Pistons have the No. 7 pick in the draft and president of basketball operations Joe Dumars will probably draft a big man with the selection.

"To balance our roster out, we have to make sure we add young bigs to our team," Dumars tells The Detroit News. "At first glance that's what we'd look at. The other thing I'd say to that is, we won't just draft a big for the sake of drafting a big."

"We're looking at getting someone that can come in and help us right away," Dumars also told the newspaper. "This is a good draft if you're looking for big men."

The Memphis Grizzlies own picks No. 12, No. 25 and No. 28 in the first round of the 2010 NBA draft. There's a good chance that when we get to June 24 the Grizzlies will not be in those three spots.

"We'll be trying to trade from now through the draft," owner Michael Heisley told The Commercial-Appeal. "If we can get an impact player, we might trade all three of (the picks). If we can't do that, then we hope to use those three picks to get an impact player."

"What we've got to do is basically get an impact player, and that impact player is there for us to pick if we don't make a deal," Heisley added. "We've got three first-round picks to bolster our bench. Hopefully, we'll pick someone who is an impact player. We've got to do a better job of picking the best player."

The Washington Wizards were the winners of the NBA lottery Tuesday and will select Kentucky point guard John Wall with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.

According to two scribes in Chicago, the Bulls also won Tuesday night in regards to free agency and the chase for LeBron James.

John Jackson of the Chicago Sun-Times writes: "Well, the Nets are one of the teams with a lot of cap room this summer expected to make a run at signing LeBron James. If the Nets had won the lottery, they'd stand a better chance of convincing James they can make a quick turnaround from lottery losers to championship contenders. Picking third, the Nets probably will get a good player, but not someone with unquestioned star potential like Wall, or even Evan Turner, which makes their selling job to James that much more difficult. ... It's clear nothing that happened in the draft lottery hurt the Bulls' chances of landing James. I still believe Chicago - with a talented young roster led by All-Star point guard Derrick Rose -- is the best option if he decides to leave Cleveland."

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune chimes in: "The Nets failed to cash in their 25 percent chance to land the top pick. This would seem to eliminate any chance for them to land LeBron James in free agency because the ability to trade either Devin Harris or presumptive No. 1 pick John Wall is lost. Though the Wizards cashed in a 10.5 percent chance to land the No. 1 pick, the Bulls' roster is far deeper than their Eastern Conference counterpart. Even with the Wizards' ability to offer a maximum free agent deal and draft first, few league observers expect James to land there."

The Washington Wizards won the draft lottery and will select Kentucky point guard John Wall with the No. 1 selection. Wall, his agent Dan Fegan, his mother and friends were thrilled with the outcome.

"President Obama can be at your games," Wall told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. "I'll keep working hard and hopefully they'll pick me."

"They need a fresh face coming in right now when the organization had been at an all-time low," Fegan said. "The only place to go is up and if he goes there he can help them win."

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

After the first 6-7 picks this draft is weak as hell
laugh.gif

this has got to be one of the weakest drafts ive seen in my life.

Evan Turner will be the #1 pick in my opinion.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by franchise3

Per Woj:

Dude Tweeted that Portland and Houston will work the phone lines to get the #3-4 pick.
Houston must want Favors/Cousins to fill the need inside.
All i know is, In Morey I Trust!
daryl-morey.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yep. Gotta be Favors or Cousins.

One of our SF's more then likely gone in the process.

I don't like Wes Johnson to the T'Wovles.

You'd have to play he and Brewer at the 2 and 3 and then you'd put a ton of responsibility on Flynn to make plays and distribute. I Don't think that would work well.

They gota try to move Al Jeff and take Cousins.

Monroe on the Jazz makes the most sense. He's not ready to play great in the pick and roll quite yet, but he needs to be next to someone like Millsap.

I think the wolves need to take Wes Johnson. If we take cousins that will piss off Darko and then what about Love? They need to move Al, but Cousins seems like he would but heads with Rambis. Kahn already said Darko wants to comeback and i think rambis wants him back as well because it was rambis who ask to trade for him in the first place.

Ive been hearing the past two drafts have been the weakest in history, and look how they're turning out.

and Thadd Young fits a good role off the bench imo.

That's what I figured about Thad.

Now, if Memphis keeps talking about getting an impact player, he could fit the role. Can play the 3/4 slots and very productive. I wouldn't want him to be our only acquisition this summer in terms of improving the bench, but I wonder if we could actually get him by trading our two late 1sts and keeping our lottery pick?

I find it funny that everybody always calling a draft weak. This draft doesn't have alot of sexy picks in it, but I'm pretty sure most of you will be surprised of the production some of the lower level picks put up this upcoming season (similar to this past draft).

It's not so much a 'weak' draft, per se, but there's no right off the bat, superstar type dudes in this draft outside one or two dudes.

And when you're giving these dudes this type of money, you expect a difference maker.

That and the fact that so many of these guys have 'upside and potential,' and it's basically gambling outside the top 5 or so picks.

But then again, it's like that every year.

ESPN's Chad Ford --
Minny may move up

Look for the Minnesota Timberwolves to make a strong play to trade up to No. 2. The Wolves are very, very high on Evan Turner. They feel his versatility, scoring ability and court presence is the perfect fit for their young club.

The Sixers, on the other hand, aren't a perfect fit for Turner. Both Andre Iguodala and rookie Jrue Holiday are versatile guards who can defend multiple positions and handle the ball. And like Turner, neither is a lights-out shooter.

With Minnesota pining hard for Turner, don't be surprised to see the Wolves offer up the No. 4 and either the No. 16 or the No. 23 pick to Philly to move up two spots.That would allow the Wolves to get the guy they've coveted all along in the draft and give Philly an extra pick and a shot at another guy they're high on -- Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins or Syracuse's Wesley Johnson.
Probably speculating on his part, but if Minnesota could get Evan Turner for just the #4 and #16 that'd be fantastic. Some were saying before the draft that the Timberwolves might have taken Turner at #1 if they had gotten lucky, so it's obvious they were very high on the kid. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up the house to get him.

Is Philadelphia really that high on Cousins and Johnson?

By the way:

nh07e8.png

That was shortly after the lottery results were revealed. Doesn't seem like he'd have any problem going to Minnesota.

Yeah I've been reading that the sixers are liking johnson and favors. I think the 4 and 16 is  perfect for the 2 pick. I have no problem with that result because Im sure Kahn could find a way to get more picks with the contracts we have. Im going for Turner(Possible) and Wes Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom