Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

I agree on Ed Davis, but he still probably has potential in a lot of people's eyes and people wouldn't be buying it anymore after 3 years at UNC of doing nothing. I like the move to declare.

I want NJ to win it and Minny to get the 2nd pick.

Devin will make just under 10 mil in the final year if his deal which has I think three years left.

He signed a 5 year deal the year Dallas traded him

His contract is actually very easy to be moved.

8.9 mil next year, 9.3 mil 2011-2012 and 8.5 mil in 2012-2013

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Whoever drafts Greg has to do just that. Accept him for what he is and utilize his strengths. He's likely the best passing big man in basketball, any level..and whoever drafts has to have a plan for that. And pair him with somebody up front who rebounds and defends.

I don't think he's comparable directly to one player. For better or worse, he has a unique game.

I'm praying that the Wizards end up with either the #1 or #2....but knowing how things work out for the franchise, I've accepted the fact that they will be drafting in that 5-8 range.  If the Wizards can't land Wall or Turner, Monroe is the next guy that I'd love to see on this roster.  He's unselfish, a good kid on/off the court, and he wouldn't take shots away from Blatche or anyone else. 

What I'm thinking is that if New Jersey ends up with the #4 or #5 selection, Monroe might be a GREAT fit next to Robin Lopez in their front court. 

I dont see whats so special about Wall. 
ohwell.gif

Id rather have Favors or Turner.

Jersey will try to move Devin if we get Wall...

But there is some curiosity if they can make it work together, so they won't let him go for nothing.

How does Harris work for Miami? Say they miss out on Amare and Bosh and land Boozer. Could they send Beasley to NJ for Harris and a pick maybe? Something a co-worker brought up today.

Well if we land wall, that's where I see him going. Harris is to good to come off the bench when he could start. At that point, I see Lee getting bumped to the bench. Then Lee & TWill will come off the bench...

Nets will definitly shop Devin around... But they won't give him up for just anyone. You gotta remember, he was an all star a year ago.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

2. Minnesota Timberwolves (19.9%)
laugh.gif
I'm praying for the second pick. I'd rather have Turner. Wall I think is just hype.

If the Nets win the first pick Harris WILL BE TRADED. I don't think they could play in the back court well together and for what your paying Harris there is not a chance you say "hey Devin we need you to come off the bench.

I'm more interested in Utah I think they could benefit with drafting a big to back up Okur.

Jb 23 is correct

Devin needs the ball to be effective.

Horrible PG skills and probably is suited for the off guard spot but he still needs to create for himself

He and others will say otherwise but look at the last two seasons of Devin starting for the Nets.

He could be great with Wall.

But the intrigue of trading him if the Nets get the #1 pick is very interesting

And more recently though, the Nets have started to add Devin into alot of their promoting of next season's ticket sales where it was just Brook Lopez that they were showing.

So things could change.

All that matters is where the Ping Pong Balls drop.

I am happy no matter what.

I would love the top three picks but we can still get a player that will help this team at 4 too.

But of course, #1 is very big for us.

Originally Posted by Proshares

How does Harris work for Miami? Say they miss out on Amare and Bosh and land Boozer. Could they send Beasley to NJ for Harris and a pick maybe? Something a co-worker brought up today.
Yup, they could swap Beasley for Harris. Or they can just take on Harris since they'll have around $9-10 million leftover after signing two max contract guys.

Hopefully the Nets get John Wall. I'd probably be the happiest man in Las Vegas.

Wall
Williams
Douglas-Roberts
Lopez

Thats a lot of young talent
sick.gif

Maybe Toronto gets desperate and we trade Harris for Bosh, since Jose and Jack aren't working in TO. If TO doesn't get any better offers.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Durden7

ohwell.gif

So tell me what you do see Tyler.
pimp.gif
I see a decent to above-average point guard.  He doesnt have one great skill.  Theres isnt something that he does really well.  Hes not a great passer.  Hes not a great scorer.  Hes basically a horrible shooter.  He doesnt have exceptional ball handling skills.  He does a lot of things well, but nothing he does is great.

I can see why hes a top 3 pick, but hes not a franchise-changer.  If im New Jersey or Minnesota, (or maybe even Sacramento) I dont see why Wall would be the pick.

I think Turner is a better fit for most teams.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yup, they could swap Beasley for Harris. Or they can just take on Harris since they'll have around $9-10 million leftover after signing two max contract guys.

That would just be unfair and re-ignite my dormant hate for the Heat
laugh.gif

I don't think Toronto takes Harris by himself for Bosh.

where are they showing the draft lottery?

is it like before the magic/celtic game tonight on espn?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

ohwell.gif

So tell me what you do see Tyler.
pimp.gif
I see a decent to above-average point guard.  He doesnt have one great skill.  Theres isnt something that he does really well.  Hes not a great passer.  Hes not a great scorer.  Hes basically a horrible shooter.  He doesnt have exceptional ball handling skills.  He does a lot of things well, but nothing he does is great.

I think Turner is a better fit for most teams.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 You sure you aren't describing Evan Turner instead?

Back
Top Bottom