Samardo Samuels - Bulls

Art Parakhouski - Celtics
DeShawn Sims - Celtics
Ryan Thompson - Celtics

Marqus Blakely - Clippers

Brian Zoubek - Nets
Wayne Chism - Nets
Ben Uzoh - Nets

Jeremy Lin - Mavs (for mini-camp, maybe summer league)

Jeremy Wise - Warriors

Omar Samhan - Hawks? Heat?

A.J. Slaughter - Pistons

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I think T'Wolves left this draft with a W

man.. kahn is an idiot, none of his moves make sense.. especially when you consider the moves he has just made..

this draft, he should have taken cousins and offered al jefferson to the kings for the 5th pick AND then taken wes johnson (since he was so enamored with him.. if i was a GM, there is no way i'm considering wes johnson over most of those guys in the top 10.. dude is 23 already, hell most of the thunder's roster is just now turning 23 and have NBA experience already.. does anyone think wes johnson will make an all-star team?!?!)

he could have potential had this lineup:
rubio
curry (assuming he had sense and didn't draft a PF, which he currently has 2, or a PG in successive picks)
brewer or whatever small forward he got latter in the draft
love
cousins

a prefect example of the difference between kahn and presti to me is this:

presti trades the 18th pick in this draft to the clippers (a team that LIVES in the lottery.. and yes they are talented, but they must be cursed or soemthing)

kahn trades the 18th pick in last years draft (ty lawson) to the denver nuggets (a team that everyone EXPECTED TO CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE.. not just make the playoffs.. BUT CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE.. and then you add on top of that, that ty lawson played better than flynn last year!)

Although it is easy to bash Kahn now for some of the moves he made. (Cousins, 2 pgs...ect)

I still think I'll hold my total bashing to see what the roster looks like come september. If both Love AND Jefferson are still on the roster = Failure.

Also it is easy to say how easy it was to pick Curry, but to be honest, Curry had the far easier offense, and I am not so sure MN was the right fit for him. Also Indiana wanted Flynn BAD prior to the draft, so they must see something.

As far as Cousin's goes. Trading a proven NBA player for a pick never made sense to me. (this is perhaps why it never happens). While the jury may be out on Jefferson, he is IMO by far our best player. To trade him for such a risk in Cousins, would have been Idiotic. Do I take cousins? Probably. But there is overhead, and at 4 I am not sure if Cousins is worth the trouble. I am happy as a wolves fan to not have Cousins on my team.

I personally have never seen Johnson play ( don't get too many big east games on the west coast) But dude was nowhere to be found in the tournament, which is troubling. Although if he can shoot the ball anywhere near the net it will be an upgrade from Brewer-who in my opinion is a prototypical 6th man. 

So Johnson MIGHT not be an all star player. But it seems like he is an NBA Player, which is more than I can say for half the wolves roster.

At the end of the day our biggest need was scoring, we have IMO two players who can come in and score right away. Webster, and Johnson.

What's the backstory on that Kahn/Kenny video?

They got beef?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Summer league invites:

Jerome Randle - Wizards

Sherron Collins - Bobcats

Matt Bouldin - Bulls
smokin.gif

Samardo Samuels - Bulls

Wayne Chism - Nets
pimp.gif

Udoh and Wes, straight up gross.
laugh.gif

Wes trying to hopping on that Dwight/Wade fashion wagon, and it's NO BUENO.

if Zoubek makes the Nets...
smh.gif
wow Demarcus looks wild suspect in that pic
laugh.gif
...im still shocked Gordon went top 10...maybe backend 1st rd...but top ten?
smh.gif

I need another person point of view on the Love and Big Al.
Mine: Al is going to be our starting PF this season (maybe) and Love will come off the bench. So why is Al and Love being on the same team a failure. Is it wrong to have a good player like him on our bench? Love can make everyone better and be a potential 6th man of the year like Mchale. Al is the better scorer but Love is the overall better player, but they both suck on defense, and their undersized.

Someone help me out?

Al won't be on the team next year.

When you're a 15-win team with lots of holes to fill (insert Michael Scott comment here), and you have a certain position that's clogged with talent, it would be in the best interest of the team to trade one of those pieces away for a different player that fills a position of need and is of the same value. Kev could be a very good sixth man down the line, but right now he's too good to be sitting on the bench for a team that lost 67 games.

It's only ok if the center starting for the Wolves is going to get all the rebounds and play all the defense that Big Al won't. If Darko is that guy then sure Love can come off the bench and be the super 6th man like Odom is for the Lakers. Question is if Darko is really that guy... Also, if Love is the better overall player, he should be starting then. Big Al can come off the bench and score in bunches like Landry did for the Rockets before he got traded. But the Rockets knew it was pointless to have Scola and Landry at the same time when there are other issues to address. Of course, it would unacceptable to make Big Al come off the bench with that contract right? But 76ers did it with Brand... It is a luxury to have legit big men on a team, so I hope the Wolves make the right choice between Big Al, Love, and Darko.

Kevin Love is going to shoot 50/40/80 one day, and average 20, 15 and 4 another.

Your number six pick:

If you can't tell, that is Monty Williams.

Getting outplayed by a 38-year old is a good look.

KLJ, I'm curious as to what your opinion is on this seeing as how you've stated many times that they're two of your favorite players. Who won the Love/Mayo trade?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't understand why Detroit doesn't just make a run for Al Jefferson (or Kevin Love).
im sure we made a play for Jefferson but got rejected.

You guys would rather have Love than Al?

I dont get to see much of the Wolves play but i do see Al's statline time to time and it seems like he fills the sheet alot.
Idk if its cause of Love's potential, you think he will produce more than Al down the road?

Also what is the situation with Al, looking to trade, expiring contract, does he have a big contract?

I wouldn't mind having him along side of Bogut in a much needed 4 spot.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Draft Express had a rumor during the eve of the draft.

It was Al/16/23 for 7/Prince/Wilcox. I thought that was selling Al short and it came out in the end that there wasn't much validity to it anyway.
Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I dont get to see much of the Wolves play but i do see Al's statline time to time and it seems like he fills the sheet alot.
Idk if its cause of Love's potential, you think he will produce more than Al down the road?

Also what is the situation with Al, looking to trade, expiring contract, does he have a big contract?

As for Al's contract, it's a little less than a max contract and he's got a decent amount of years left on it as well.

I could go both ways here -- I wouldn't get rid of him just to get rid of him. At this point I think we'll be able to get a decent amount back for him since there was a report that came out not too long ago saying "a lot of teams have Al Jefferson as one of their top priorities this off-season".

Al just really doesn't fit here anymore. I can't stand seeing one more possession with 32 pump fakes and whining every 2nd trip he doesn't get to shoot.

Offense: Black Hole
Defense: He might as well not even cross half court

Thing about Al is I just wonder if the Timberwolves will end up looking foolish if they trade him and he bounces hack next year, returning to his pre-injury form. A new system and first season back after a major knee injury has to be tough. I mean, you could make an argument that anyone switching to a new system is going to have problems adjusting. He was unbelievable before he went down.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Draft Express had a rumor during the eve of the draft.

It was Al/16/23 for 7/Prince/Wilcox. I thought that was selling Al short and it came out in the end that there wasn't much validity to it anyway.
Originally Posted by Jehlers02

As for Al's contract, it's a little less than a max contract and he's got a decent amount of years left on it as well.

I could go both ways here -- I wouldn't get rid of him just to get rid of him. At this point I think we'll be able to get a decent amount back for him since there was a report that came out not too long ago saying "a lot of teams have Al Jefferson as one of their top priorities this off-season".

Al just really doesn't fit here anymore. I can't stand seeing one more possession with 32 pump fakes and whining every 2nd trip he doesn't get to shoot.

Offense: Black Hole
Defense: He might as well not even cross half court

Thing about Al is I just wonder if the Timberwolves will end up looking foolish if they trade him and he bounces hack next year, returning to his pre-injury form. A new system and first season back after a major knee injury has to be tough. I mean, you could make an argument that anyone switching to a new system is going to have problems adjusting. He was unbelievable before he went down.

This is what I think will happen. That's why I didn't mind the rumored deal to Memphis.

Of course he will have a great season next season, i know that for a fact. hes a very good player. who ever gets him this summer is making a very smart decision to trade for him.

I think its the first time JPZ admitted that he's a black hole on offense
laugh.gif

Sure he fills up the stat sheet, and he was GREAT before injury, but thats because he ball hogged all the time.

Hes a black hole on offense, period. Maybe a new coach and system will help him change, but Minny just isnt the place for him.

Love's potential, hustle, and rebounding skills > Al. The only thing is, is that he can only play the 4.

Back
Top Bottom