Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Clippers got Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Willie Warren and Eric Bledsoe ALL really undersized shooting guards 6'3 and shorter
eek.gif
laugh.gif

OKC wins again....
pimp.gif
I was like "they can't be serious". They get out of Ricky Davis' contract, and proceed to draft a smaller version of him in Willie Warren.

Bledsoe is cool, but they traded a first round pick for him. Hopefully it's protected

No one can complain about the Clippers drafting Willie Warren. It was LATE in the 2nd round. How many of those players actually stick in the league? At that point you draft for value, not for need.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Clippers got Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Willie Warren and Eric Bledsoe ALL really undersized shooting guards 6'3 and shorter
eek.gif
laugh.gif

OKC wins again....
pimp.gif
Bledsoe is a legit point guard. I don't know why people can't understand he played the 2 because the best point in the country was next to him last year. 

^^ is "scoring" guard a better title for you?

I mean im not saying that he cant run a team, but John Wall did that last yr, im just saying being a PG is a couple seasons away at least.

No. PG is as soon as he steps foot on the court. He isn't a SG/Scoring Guard, he just played that role last year becasuse the #1 played PG.

Had Wall not have gone to UK, Bledsoe would've ran the 1 all year and we wouldn't be having this discussion. He is a PG all the way.l

listen fellas, OKC came off the draft VICTORIOUS.. if the Knicks were smart they would try and make a move to get Vasquez and leave Lance Stephenson right where he is..

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I think T'Wolves left this draft with a W

man.. kahn is an idiot, none of his moves make sense.. especially when you consider the moves he has just made..

this draft, he should have taken cousins and offered al jefferson to the kings for the 5th pick AND then taken wes johnson (since he was so enamored with him.. if i was a GM, there is no way i'm considering wes johnson over most of those guys in the top 10.. dude is 23 already, hell most of the thunder's roster is just now turning 23 and have NBA experience already.. does anyone think wes johnson will make an all-star team?!?!)

he could have potential had this lineup:
rubio
curry (assuming he had sense and didn't draft a PF, which he currently has 2, or a PG in successive picks)
brewer or whatever small forward he got latter in the draft
love
cousins

a prefect example of the difference between kahn and presti to me is this:

presti trades the 18th pick in this draft to the clippers (a team that LIVES in the lottery.. and yes they are talented, but they must be cursed or soemthing)

kahn trades the 18th pick in last years draft (ty lawson) to the denver nuggets (a team that everyone EXPECTED TO CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE.. not just make the playoffs.. BUT CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE.. and then you add on top of that, that ty lawson played better than flynn last year!)

JPZx wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just think of it this way. Last year PGs, this year SFs, next year SGs, the year after that PFs, and then the year after that Cs.

So in about three years we should have a complete team.

that's what jpzx said in the other thread.. it's pretty sad, but kahn seriously must be using this logic

[h2]The best and worst of the 2010 draft fashions[/h2]
By Trey Kerby

ept_sports_nba_experts-398123740-1277472957.jpg

All throughout the NBA draft Thursday night, ESPN's commentators were calling the 2010 rookies the best-dressed draft class of all-time. They might be right, as the Internet has basically killed the bad draft suit since every player knows that if they dress poorly they'll be instantly ridiculed. Tragic, I know, but there was still a lot going on sartorially Thursday night. After the jump, some of the best and some of the worst.

Shout out your favorites, and your least favorites, in the comments. It'll be great.
http://
ept_sports_nba_experts-769402719-1277472986.jpg

Best Dressed: Wesley Johnson(notes), Minnesota Timberwolves, No. 4
After taking home the title of best dressed of the pre-draft portraits, Wesley Johnson gets another valuable Internet trophy. He just gets it. I'm not the biggest fan of double-breasted jackets, but this just works. He looks like he's seen quite a few Andre 3000 pictures, and that's OK by me. Everything fits perfectly, he coordinated everything without being too matchy and he's got excellent accessories from the slim shoes to the gold cuff-links to what appears to be a jacket fully lined with red silk. Magnificent. He might be one of the 10 best dressers in the NBA already. Thumbs up to you, sir.

ept_sports_nba_experts-320976630-1277473273.jpg

Worst Dressed: Greg Monroe(notes), Detroit Pistons, No. 7
This isn't going to go down in history as one of the worst suits ever — it's just bad. Peaked lapels are a bad look unless you're wearing a tuxedo, and a pointed pocket square is very 1980s. And not in a good way. It doesn't help that Monroe's suit looks like it was made from leftover fabric in an Old Navy factory. But hey, he's going to Detroit. They're not going to care what he wears.

ept_sports_nba_experts-517458511-1277473577.jpg

Best Dressed (runner-up): Paul George(notes), Indiana Pacers, No. 10
Understated with just a little bit of flash, and just about a perfect fit. It's the little things, like showing a little bit of cuff or a hint of a dark pocket square that really make this a sharp-dressed man. And that tie chain is amazing.

ept_sports_nba_experts-135231664-1277473432.jpg

Best Dressed (second runner-up): Xavier Henry(notes), Memphis Grizzlies, No. 12
Pretty nice look for the former Kansas wing. The green from the shirt plays off the subdued stripes on the jacket, which in turn complement a non-matching tie and pocket square. Nothing too fancy, but pretty well done.

ept_sports_nba_experts-292446906-1277473710.jpg

Best Color-matching: DeMarcus Cousins(notes), Sacramento Kings, No. 5
With the way Cousins' shirt and suit perfectly match the Kings' purple and silver color scheme, it almost makes you think he knew he was heading to Sacramento. He even took things a step further by matching his tie to those awful gold uniforms from a few years ago.

ept_sports_nba_experts-460195754-1277473832.jpg

Most Standard Issue Draft Suit: John Wall(notes), Washington Wizards, No. 1
It's like John Wall went to wherever NBA draft picks go to get their suits and said, "I'd like the most stereotypical draft look ever." And then he got a pinstriped suit, light shirt and shiny tie. Not bad, just very draft-y.

ept_sports_nba_experts-478688013-1277473938.jpg

Best Impression of an NBA Player: Al-Farouq Aminu(notes), Los Angeles Clippers, No. 8
I don't know how he did it, but Aminu somehow made himself look like he was wearing a Dwight Howard costume.

ept_sports_nba_experts-950963039-1277474064.jpg

Worst Draft Portrait: Ekpe Udoh(notes), Golden State Warriors, No. 6
The suit is bad enough — it's way too big — but the way Udoh is holding the ball, and where he's holding it, remind me way too much of Degeneration X. That's never a good thing if you're a grown-up.

ept_sports_nba_experts-819476069-1277474216.jpg

Strangest Draft Trend: the flat-billed hat
Yeah, keeping your sick fitted's bill super straight has been the look for a few years now, but you would think that at least one draftee would have bent his bill. Didn't happen, and as a result, the 2010 rookie class succeeded in looking like my third-grade Little League team, Today Cartage.

ept_sports_nba_experts-291456123-1277474320.jpg

Most Obvious Nod to an Alma Mater: Evan Turner(notes), Philadelphia 76ers, No. 2
I'm assuming that all attendees of Ohio State University are given a grey suit, white shirt and red tie immediately upon enrolling. They're probably also given a can of gasoline to set things on fire, but thankfully Evan Turner left his kit at home.

ept_sports_nba_experts-551067040-1277474457.jpg

Best Hat-wearer: Cole Aldrich(notes), New Orleans Hornets, No. 11
If you need Cole Aldrich, you can find him playing bumper pool down at the VFW. He's usually there during the day with his buddies Hank and Abe. Just say hi, he's a nice guy.

Originally Posted by dreClark

No. PG is as soon as he steps foot on the court. He isn't a SG/Scoring Guard, he just played that role last year becasuse the #1 played PG.

Had Wall not have gone to UK, Bledsoe would've ran the 1 all year and we wouldn't be having this discussion. He is a PG all the way.l

fair enough... i'll keep my opinion of him tho

He's 2 seasons away from running half-court sets and decision making standpoint (which may be right on schedule seeing as Baron Davis is 47 yrs old)
laugh.gif

It doesn't help that Monroe's suit looks like it was made from leftover fabric in an Old Navy factory.
If you need Cole Aldrich, you can find him playing bumper pool down at the VFW. He's usually there during the day with his buddies, Hank and Abe. Just say hi, he's a nice guy.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom