:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Ok, Ive missed so much since the end of the first round. Can someone sum up what happened with trades, and those who were drafted?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

MikeBeasley3.jpg

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude was so damn awkward....he moved like Brook Lopez moves now

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

As a Sonics fan, I'll take the Westbrook pick all day. He will lock people down, his defense is worth the pick alone. He will run the floor like a beast and the Sonics love to run. He will work hard. He lead the Bruins in assists, out passing the "real" PG Darren Collison. Don't care if he plays PG or SG, he is what the Sonics need.

If Darren Collison doesn't get hurt, Westbrook isnt seeing those minutes so what does that tell you? With hindsight being 20/20 the Sonics could have waited until the 2nd round to grab a better defender in Mario Chalmers, in my opinion, but they reached instead. They should have either taken Bayless or moved back and grabbed Lopez. They wasted the #4 overall pick on a guy who wouldn't be able to crack the starting lineup and got consistent minutes if a player didnt get hurt.

He isn't seeing those minutes if Collison doesn't get hurt?? Maybe not at PG but I guarantee you he is on the court just as much, Ben Howlandisn't an idiot. Westbrook's D is much better than Chalmers, come to UCLA and watch him D up the NBA players better than anyone else, he did the samelast Summer and has gotten better. Lopez would have been a reach at 4 and they have enough bust centers already, Bayless got locked up by Westbrook this seasonand is not a pure PG either...so he would also have been a reach according to you. The Sonics did try to trade down, but it didn't work out, Westbrook wasa great pick. Defense wins championships.

Ok, does this sum up all the transactions?

The Rights Stuff
The Hornets traded the rights to Darrell Arthur (27) to the Blazers for cash.

Three-team Deal:
The Blazers acquired the rights to Nicolas Batum (25) from the Rockets.
The Rockets acquired the rights to Donte Greene (28) and a 2009 second round pick from the Grizzlies.
The Rockets acquired the rights to Joey Dorsey (33) from the Blazers.
The Grizzlies acquired the rights to Darrell Arthur (27) from the Blazers.

The Pistons traded the rights to D.J. White (29) to the Sonics for the rights to Walter Sharpe (32) and Trent Plaisted (46).

The Timberwolves traded the rights to Mario Chalmers (34) to the Heat for two future second round picks and cash.

Three-team Deal:
The Bulls acquired the rights to Omer Asik (34) from the Blazers.
The Blazers acquired a 2009 second-round pick from the Nuggets plus two future second-round picks from the Bulls.
The Nuggets acquired the rights to Sonny Weems (39) from the Bulls.

The Spurs traded the rights to Goran Dragic (45) to the Suns for the rights to Malik Hairston (48), a 2009 second round pick and cash.

The Wizards traded the rights to Bill Walker (47) to the Celtics for cash.

The Heat traded the rights to Darnell Jackson (52) to the Cavaliers for a 2009 second round pick.

The Blazers traded the rights to Mike Taylor (55) to the Clippers for a future second round pick.

And in the mix of this the Knicks couldn't get another player smh. They need to go after Conley hard. Like David Lee and Renaldo Balkman hard.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

The only questionable big was Ibaka...because he's so young raw. He's the type of guy that if he pans out everyone will be praising Presti...if he doesn't they'll criticize him. But all it costed them was a 24th pick. In past years, Ibaka could have gone lottery but teams are sort of straying away from the projects now. Like I said...Once you get down that far in the draft...you're either looking for diamond in the rough types...or role players. How did they overpay for White...all it costed them was Plaisted and Sharpe. DJ White is a great role player and if Devon Hardin was 18 he'd probably be a lottery pick...he's better than ALOT of big guys who went before him. He's certainly better than Robert Swift, Saer Sane, and maybe Petro. So once again...the only real reach here was Westbrook. White and Hardin are great picks.
ok i feel you but look at what we could of had....

bayless/Love/westbrook IN THAT ORDER with the #4
darrell Arthur with #24
Chalmers/Dorsey/Jordan with #32
got Hardin at #46
#50 and #56 are throwaways they could of picked anybody...

TELL ME ANY COMBO OF WHAT I PUT ISN'T BETTER THAN WHAT THEY DRAFTED????

Ok, now that I finally got everything sorted out at work, I can finally post my thoughts from last night.

1. the Portland TrailBlazers have put the blueprint to the public on how to build a franchise. In the next 25 years, they will surpass the Boston Celtics innumber of championships (one 11 peat, and one 12 peat).
laugh.gif
Ok not actually. But I cant believe how well this is working out for them. Genius move to get Bayless at point. Add Roy, Lamarcus, a healthy Oden,that is pretty darn scary. Also, Arthur was a great pickup. But then trading that for a long term project in Batum, pure genius. Have your two bigs startingand playing well, while working on the third as a long term project is the smartest thing to do (IMO).
2. New Jersey also had a great draft night. An absolute steal in CDR at 40 (you could have left him for your division rival at 41...
smile.gif
). And getting RobinLopez at 10 was one of the biggest steals in the draft. I thought he would go 5 or so...
3. Seattle will realize their mistake by taking Westbrook at 4. However, Westbrook will still turn into a very good pro. Im looking for big things out of him.
4. Rooster FTL.
5. The OJ trade... I have yet to comment on. OJ is going to be a great player, but him and Gay on the same lineup may cause a problem...
6. Darrel Arthur will prove the other 26 teams that passed on him that they made a mistake
7. Ok, now actually talking about the Rooster. How stupid is New York management? As soon as Stern stepped up, and waited that half second to introduce thepick, I burst out in laughter, because of how stupid the pick is. Thats all that needs to be said.
8. Eric Gordon is going to fit in well in LA.
9. I was surprised to see Bayless fall so hard, but he eventually went to a very VERY good team in Portland.
10. Indi has just set themselves up for the future. Rush squared, plus TJ/JJ in the backcourt is decent for now, but they will turn into a solid backcourt inyears to come. Granger will be dominant as always... and I think Hibbert will turn into a very good role playing center. Indi has their setup for the futuredone very well.
11. DeAndre Jordon fell off HARD. Plus, playing for LAC is going to make his stock drop even more (if that can actually possibly happen). I just dont see himfitting in at all... again, just my opinion though.
12. Most importantly, Courtney Lee will be the sleeper pick in this year's draft. He is the player I am most interested to see how his NBA career turnsout.

I wanted to see more trades early, but overall a good draft. As soon as Westbrook was taken at the 4th spot, I knew things were going to turn crazy.

Fun night of the draft, thats forsure.

cleansneaksonly21 - I agree with you. I would have taken Bayless over Westbrook at 4 and Darrel Arthur at #24. We could have easily gotten Ibaka at #32 ifPresti wanted him.

some of you guys are talkina bout Devon Hardin; watching Cal play a lot, I may be a fool but I somehow think Hardin will end up being a better pro thanAnderson. (and i'm hoping i'm wrong..) Hardin would have went mid-late 1st if he declared last year but he didn't have a great senior year.Defensively he's a force and he's a beast blocking shots.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yall can't ignore how much better Bayless is offensively.

Word.. They even showed bayless blow by westbrook for a layup in his highlight
laugh.gif

Westbrook put the LOCKS on bayless both times UCLA played zona. Charmes locks up better then RW? get the %+#$ out of here with that and even if DC didnt gethurt RW was starting and going to get back up PG minutes.

only thing Bayless does is chuck up shots. plays no D and brings NOTHING else to the table. RW just playing Defense is more valueable to seattle then baylessis.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Westbrook put the LOCKS on bayless both times UCLA played zona. Charmes locks up better then RW? get the %+#$ out of here with that and even if DC didnt get hurt RW was starting and going to get back up PG minutes.

only thing Bayless does is chuck up shots. plays no D and brings NOTHING else to the table. RW just playing Defense is more valueable to seattle then bayless is.
Yea we need someone who can lock it up on D. Score some and set up our real scorers. He can do that better then Bayless. But don't get me wrong,Bayless is good.

Not understanding the Bulls 2nd round...giving up 2 future 2nd rounders for Asik...I really wanted them to get Hardin...but I figured once they drafted Weemsthat they were picking him for someone else

i like the sacrifice and dedication tats mayo has

this n sacrificed like three years of his life in school because of his dedication to the game

conley
mayo
gay guy
darrell
darko

they could be a contender for the 8th seed in the east

Back
Top Bottom