Official NBA Finals 08 Game 3 Thread: Celtics at Lakers 6/10, on ABC HD

Maybe KG and Pierce didn't play well, but neither did Gasol and Odom. Really if those four don't play well and its Kobe vs. Ray Allen, im pretty surethe Lakers will win.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

i'm glad more and more people are finally realizing hosw much of a fraud kevin garnett has been not only in this and the immediately previous series, but most of his playing career.

he's gotten passes most of his career for his "charisma" and "style" more than what he's actually brought to the teams he's played on.

i seriously can't help but think some people are on grade-a drugs when they claim he's a lock for the hall of fame

laugh.gif
you're a horrific homer man. kg has put up hof numbers his entire career. i admit he played like garbage tonight, and wimped out many times. but he's still a former mvp and a 20/10 guy for his career. when he gets this championship, he's definitely in. wake up

ok. keep sucking his teets. he's never accomplished anything worthy of the attention he receives. he's a good player, but not worthy of thesuperstar status that most claim. fraud status. simple as that.

Kidskillz858:
This Finals will be heading back to Boston with Lakers up 3-2

BOOK IT.

TAKE A PICTURE

QUOTE ME ON IT

PRINT IT

!

You just had to, didn't you?
ohwell.gif

I hate guarantees.
embarassed.gif

um...did anyone catch the last 20 seconds of the game?
why didn't celtics foul? they were only down 6...esp in finals with that mentality of giving up 6 points...
i feel like NBA had this set up...
the spread was 9 points and they won by 6... what a coincidence
eyes.gif

and celtics didn't foul in the last 20 secs of the game to stop the clock with freethrows...
and kobe was horrible at the line so i dont get it...
something smells fishy...
the real question is right before the Celtics should have fouled, why in the blue hell did they draw up an inbounds play to fricken Eddie House ofBricks.

props to Farmar for not letting that fork in the back looking PJ brown get the best of him.

Lamar and Pau AGAIN need to step it up...I'm not sure its possible with Pau.

Eddie House came in and played good. PP fouling pushing off like crazy.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

This Finals will be heading back to Boston with Lakers up 3-2

BOOK IT.

TAKE A PICTURE

QUOTE ME ON IT

PRINT IT

!

Rivers, saved Pierce tonight, to try to steal one Thursday since theres a two day break before Sunday's game.
Lets hope Pierce keeps up with his
sick.gif
performance

Originally Posted by phillipprettyugly

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Wow, pretty unpleasant game to watch overall.

KG and Paul may as well have stayed in Boston. Horrific no-shows tonight.

Thankfully Ray kept the Celts in it.

And yes, the Lakers dodged a cannonball, not just a bullet, tonight. Gotta appreciate Kobe; back to his 06 ballhogging ways, I see. Props to Vujacic for saving the Lakers season. Dude canned some huge shots.

IMO, the Celts let this one go when Pierce got called for the charge against Farmar.

2 point lead - gone

Chance to build upon 2 point lead - gone

Chance to build momentum and close the door - gone.

Oh Boston... how do you let a golden opportunity to go up 3-0 slip out of your hands?

good one.

if it wasn't for kobe having the ball in his hands, sasha and them wouldn't have open looks in the corner.
eyes.gif

The PUKE VILE known as the C's dodge a MISSILE in game 2 where they almost pulled a CHOKE JOB and almost blew a 24 point lead in the 4th quarter.

KG is going to The Hall. You're straight up ******ed if you think otherwise.

Newsflash...every player in The Hall weren't franchise players.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Doc taking shots at Phil!

Ok Barry.... Pierce & KG won't play this bad

BUT

Odom & Pau ain't playing this bad either!!

Damn...

I knew this would happen. We got a win that we had to had and laker fans gloating...

We won a game on our home floor. We did what we were supposed to do.

How can you guarantee us going back to boston up 3-2? We BARELY got this win.

Glad we won but its one game at a time.

Why even gaurd Kobe with 2 minutes left in the game, word to Ray Allen.....needa check the traction of your Js.
Kobe was amazing but why the hell didnt Rivers keep the double team on Kobe. When the only other player on your team doing something is SashaVujajic you make someone other than Kobe Bryant beat you. I didnt really understand doc rivers coaching for the last two and a half minutes

laugh.gif
@ Lakers fans feeling good about the win tonight, you guys were veryfortunate tonight. Celtics will win game 5.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

KG is going to The Hall. You're straight up ******ed if you think otherwise.

Newsflash...every player in The Hall weren't franchise players.

KG has been a Franchise player
grin.gif

Props to Doc saying things how they are on his end, saying how his team didnt attack, reason why they lost. not saying its the officials fault.

I didnt catch what he said indirectly to phil... what he say?

I like Wilbon, but dude is letting me down right about now.

After we got out free-throwed 38-10, dude was talking like "Oh, the Celtics were more aggressive. That's what happens."

Now, when we're barely up on free-throws by 11 (33-22)? "Oh, I wonder how the Lakers would have been without those 11 more free throws."

laugh.gif

Tool.

How come after Game 2, you weren't saying "Oh, I wonder how the Celtics would have been without those TWENTY-EIGHT more free throws"?
laugh.gif

How come after Game 2, you weren't saying "Oh, I wonder how the Celtics would have been without those TWENTY-EIGHT more free throws"?
laugh.gif
isnt wilbon a red soxs fan??? I could be wrong but thiswouldnt suprise me if he is a big boston sports guy

Lakers looked dead in the water in that third quarter, this was a game that the Celtics should of stolen. With the lakers being 0-4 against the Celtics so far,you can tell they had doubts that they could even beat the Celtics since they've been winless so far against them. Soon as Kobe hit that three to give theLakers the lead, laker didn't trail again afterwards. The Celtics should of stepped the Lakers throat when they had a chance too, now that the Lakers knowthey can finally win a game against the Celtics, i think this gives them more confidence and momentum for game 4 and possibly game 5. I'll expect Pierce toplay much better and Ray Allen to keep hitting his shots. I think gasol and Fisher will have better games on Thursday with Kobe doing the same as he didtonight. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom