Official NBA Finals 08 Game 3 Thread: Celtics at Lakers 6/10, on ABC HD

Hmmmm...

The Lakers WIN and the thread is at 62 pages....

they LOSE and it's at like 90 pages by this time...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Hmmmm...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

There's less complaining.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

It's a wrap for Pau this series, IMO. Dude looks spooked out there. Fumbling passes, missing layups.

eek.gif
@ Sasha. I hate this dude, but him and Kobe got the Lakers this win.

PP and KG had an off game, but, the Celtics road woes continues.

Nevertheless, good game to watch. Onto Game 4

Originally Posted by franchise3

Hmmmm...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

It's a wrap for Pau this series, IMO. Dude looks spooked out there. Fumbling passes, missing layups.

eek.gif

It's a combination of less complaining, hating, and whining. That's speaks for both fans and non-fans.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

To get calls tonight we will need to:
- play aggressively, but not out of control
- stop looking at the refs everytime there is contact they will miss some calls but PLAY THROUGH IT, "get on their good side" if you will
- stop taking contested jumpshots
- take the ball up strong and into the defender's arms/body
- stop hacking, play good solid position D
- limit their offensive possessions, off. rebounding produces silly fouls

If we can do that we WILL win the game
Lets Go Lakers!!
I hate to toot my own horn...but MF'in "toot"

^
laugh.gif

Like everyone didnt already know what they had to do to win...

Thanks for the obvious tho..

We took a L in this game but even though we played bad we still had a chance to win the game. I think with better play from KG and The Truth we will win gamefour.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Hmmmm...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

eek.gif

lakers just arent ready for the celtics...but sasha and kobe played really well

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

^ i agree and im the biggest lamar odom fanboy here...
I beg to differ.
laugh.gif

The only reason Lamar is struggling is because of his foul trouble, and the fouls called on him have been very questionable. His confidence goes down thedrain when he's on the bench for almost all the first half. He can't get a feel for the game and establish any kind of rhythm.

If he stays out of foul trouble in the first quarter in Game 4, I'm confident he'll have close to a 15/12 game.

Hmmmm...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

One of the main reasons for this is that the typical Kobe/Laker haters are on deadmouth. Either they're all in or non-existent. There is no medium.

Joe McKnight Is BALLIN wrote:
so how many illegal screens did kg get away with on this play before it was called?

YUP.... i was screaming illegal screen at my tv and my brother was just laughing....

Make no mistake. This wasnt game 2 BUT the officiating was still suspect. Its not noticable because the lakers won...

Seems like the only person getting calls on the lakers is Kobe whereas everybody is a superstar on the celtics...

Sorry Kobe BUT�you need to be #8 to win this series....

laugh.gif
We are only on page 63
Next game, we have to force feed LO and Pau early to get them established b/c PP and KG won't have another off night.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

so how many illegal screens did kg get away with on this play before it was called?

�?

I think I just have 4 right there
sick.gif

KG had a bad game on offense??

He's actually had THREE.

Nothin's gona change, either..

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

�?

I think I just have 4 right there
sick.gif

�Yeah that's just blatant. It's disgusting that he's doing it right on front of the ref and getting away with it too. He's passionate thoughso it doesn't apply to him the way it would other players.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by bjm5295

roll.gif
at the video. KG literally shoved Pau out of the way.

that was sasha
eyes.gif
The same Sasha that was "thrown" to the ground by Eddie House? Charmin. He is no different than the kind of player Laker fans complainabout all the time, the Ginoblis, the Bowens, etc.

Perhaps if the Lakers scouting department broke down video better than what has been posted up in here, they may be up a game.

Absolutely! And I've been watching older games recently, and we even had some bad entry passes WITH Shaq on the team, but he was so strong at his position that he was still able to reach out/up/both and grab it. But definitely, our entry passes are trash for the most part since Shaq bailed.

IMO, this was as big a difference in Shaq's play in Miami as his improved physical conditioning. Wade did an amazing job setting up Shaq for lobs.

No one has done it well for the Lakers since Shaw retired. Walton is good, but he makes a lot of other mistakes.

I saw that you mentioned that you didn't see the entire game, but Gasol has zero confidence on the block right now and the other Lakers have zero interest in giving it to him in the post.

I watched the game today and while I understand that he isn't playing the way he's supposed to, neither are his teammates. There appear to be very fewhard cuts to the basket when he has the ball and no movement on the perimeter to allow him to pass it out and re-post. Trust him to do the right thing or not,they have to pass it to him and move otherwise they're as much at fault as he is for how poor the Lakers offense goes when they dump the ball to him.

it's neither ! pau is getting grabbed,held, and hooked without any whistles being blown...but it is what it is...we just need to look at the positives and continue to build from there. image

I'll buy that being grabbed and held should be called, but only when it's having an effect on his shot or causing him to have the ball stolen from him.In the Utah series he was being pushed in the back hard just as the double team was arriving and he'd have the ball stolen. Those should have beenfouls.

Right now, he isn't even making a move towards the hoop which means that he isn't posting up in the right spot and he isn't being aggressive. Theclutching and grabbing can be seen as what's expected in the post. He just needs to toughen up mentally.

Each time in the beginning of the first quarter of Games 1 and 2 he took it hard to Garnett by making a single move. He forced Garnett to foul once and dunkedon Garnett the other time. Those are the types of moves he needs to be making. He should be jump hooking Perkins to death and taking Garnett to therack.

I thought the calls favored the Lakers, but that is home games in the NBA.

I saw some bad and missed calls on both ends, but I actually wanted to see more calls on the Celtics. This game was full of ticky-tack calls (at leastone on Pierce and a couple on Odom and Radmanovic), but they missed some a lot of obvious calls.

He must have gone to the same school of setting screens that Matt Harpring went to.

I'm happy with this win. Unlike some of these media cats, I actually give the Lakers credit for the win rather than call them lucky that Garnett and Pierceshot poorly. The Lakers made adjustments on both ends of the floor that paid dividends. They moved Kobe on Rondo which allowed him to play Pierce without beinghampered by foul trouble. This also cut down on Rondo's ability to get into the lane and make plays. They also stopped helping (most of the time) on thoseoccasions that Rondo did make it to the lane. I saw Sasha defending Pierce and he forced him into a couple/few bad shots. I saw Kobe be a lot more patient inthe offense which is what gave him the lane to take it to the rack.

The Celtics really did nothing. I'm sure we'll see adjustments from them this next game, but I hope that the Lakers will keep it close at the half andmake the necessary adjustments to win. Unlike Wilbon and Cornheiser, I didn't believe that the Lakers had to win big just because it was a must have game.Nor did I believe they were lucky that Sasha played well. Each game is going to have a different story (Kobe's poor shooting, Powe's scoring, etc.). Aslong as the story ends with the Lakers winning, nothing else matters.

Back
Top Bottom