Official NBA Finals 08 Game 3 Thread: Celtics at Lakers 6/10, on ABC HD

Originally Posted by Burns1923

didnt you also say you were a "fan" of the Bulls too. I suppose whatever the flavor of the month is.
You'd know if you actually read the exact quote.

If it offends you that I'm a Celtics and Suns fan, own up to it. And seek guidance to resolve it.

Don't come at me for no reason.

No one owes anyone here anything except common respect.

Back to the thread:

I will say this Lakers fans, while I'm glad the Celtics won the first 2 games, I now fully understand your frustration with the referees in those games. The calls weren't right in 1 and 2, and they weren't right in 3. Bennett Salvatore could not stop blowing the whistle. The officiating is wrong. Very wrong. So respect to you guys for keeping it relatively cool after having every reason to be up in arms, especially for game 2.

I'll throw in a bonus: I grew up a Chicago Bulls fan, before they won a thing. NT, have I proven my fanship or what?
laugh.gif

I think the switch in defense bothered the Celtics. I say the Lakers continue to have Kobe guard Rondo so that he can be a defensive rover. That was veryaffective. I noticed also that when Rondo went out the Celtics played better, but shhhhh don't tell Doc I said that. House was a better player than Rondotonight.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Scottsauce88 wrote:
Celtic Pride? I could've sworn you were a Suns fan....
hes a "fan" of two teams now.

bandwagon celtic fans
laugh.gif

In case you missed it, or were choosing to overlook it with a poor attempt to "belittle" someone:

I wasn't aware of the by-law stating that a person cannot be a long-time fan of 2 teams.

You may have a seat now, good sir.

i never said there was a law... its a choice.. i'm just pointing out the fact that you laker haters can ride whatever team.. yet Laker fans get hated for being called bandwagon fans
laugh.gif
but yeah, Go Bulls, Suns, Celts!
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by grittyman20

- the perimeter players do a horrible job of getting Pau the ball at the right time and place in the post. they've been horrible at post entry passes since Shaq was traded
I saw that you mentioned that you didn't see the entire game, but Gasol has zero confidence on the block right now and the other Lakers have zero interest in giving it to him in the post.
it's neither ! pau is getting grabbed,held, and hooked without any whistles being blown...but it is what it is...we just need to look at the positives and continue to build from there.
smokin.gif

What do you mean it's neither? IMO it's obvious that the refs are letting them get physical this series, especially in the paint. There have beentimes when Gasol has had an opportunity to take him man one on one on the block, yet he kicks it back out to a teammate who's hanging out by the 3 pointline. The kid just doesn't want it right now, and I don't blame Jordan or Sasha for not really looking to get him the ball at times
ohwell.gif

- the perimeter players do a horrible job of getting Pau the ball at the right time and place in the post. they've been horrible at post entry passes since Shaq was traded
I saw that you mentioned that you didn't see the entire game, but Gasol has zero confidence on the block right now and the other Lakers have zero interest in giving it to him in the post.
it's neither ! pau is getting grabbed,held, and hooked without any whistles being blown...but it is what it is...we just need to look at the positives and continue to build from there.
smokin.gif

What do you mean it's neither? IMO it's obvious that the refs are letting them get physical this series, especially in the paint. There have been times when Gasol has had an opportunity to take him man one on one on the block, yet he kicks it back out to a teammate who's hanging out by the 3 point line. The kid just doesn't want it right now, and I don't blame Jordan or Sasha for not really looking to get him the ball at times
ohwell.gif

I'm just saying that he is getting hacked and that is leading to his "poor" play
ohwell.gif
I don't deny the fact that he has missed pretty good looks but he has alsobeen fouled a lot of the times...IMO he will bounce back but we will just wait and see
smile.gif

I'll throw in a bonus: I grew up a Chicago Bulls fan, before they won a thing. NT, have I proven my fanship or what?
laugh.gif

You left out the
laugh.gif
at the end of that Bulls quote, whichwas making fun of the whole thing. Nice try. I'm not quite sure what's wrong with you and why you have a problem but please, seek help.

You're clearly trolling with some wacked intent to "discredit" another person.

Your NT "I Made Myself Feel Better Today" award is in the mail. All yours, pal.

Stop hijacking the thread with this stuff.

smokin.gif

What do you mean it's neither? IMO it's obvious that the refs are letting them get physical this series, especially in the paint. There have been times when Gasol has had an opportunity to take him man one on one on the block, yet he kicks it back out to a teammate who's hanging out by the 3 point line. The kid just doesn't want it right now, and I don't blame Jordan or Sasha for not really looking to get him the ball at times
ohwell.gif
I'm just saying that he is getting hacked and that is leading to his "poor" play
ohwell.gif
I don't deny the fact that he has missed pretty good looks but he has also been fouled a lot of the times...IMO he will bounce back but we will just wait and see
smile.gif

Yes the physical nature of this series has taken Gasol out of his game...but, the Celts aren't going to stop hacking him and he's not all of asudden going to gain toughness (mental and physical) overnight. I don't see him being that effective this series, but I know I could be wrong. The Lakersshowed tonight that they don't need Gasol to give them 20 and 10 to pull out a victory.

smokin.gif

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
I don't deny the fact that he has missed pretty good looks but he has also been fouled a lot of the times...IMO he will bounce back but we will just wait and see
smile.gif

Yes the physical nature of this series has taken Gasol out of his game...but, the Celts aren't going to stop hacking him and he's not all of a sudden going to gain toughness (mental and physical) overnight. I don't see him being that effective this series, but I know I could be wrong. The Lakers showed tonight that they don't need Gasol to give them 20 and 10 to pull out a victory.

I hope you are wrong
tongue.gif

but seriously, I'm kind of glad we won with such horrible play from our starters...I truly believe Fisher, Gasol, Rad, and Odom can really build off thisand gain some more confidence
smokin.gif

EDIT: but you never know sinceobservation has shown, the refs are not allowing Odom and Rad get in a consistent rhythm
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Rebel RLY

lakers will lose game 4
and my oh my does lamar odom suck
what an embarrassment, this guy is

oh the irony
laugh.gif
I started to write about how sorry he is but just gave
up,there aren't enough adjectives to describe the depths of
his sorriness. dude is really a bum

lakers will lose game 4

oh the irony
laugh.gif
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td]0.525[/td] [td]0.274[/td] [td]0.698[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]10.6[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]2.03[/td] [td]2.90[/td] [td]14.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
SEASON AVERAGES
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Playoffs[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]First Round[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]35.3[/td] [td]0.419[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.550[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.50[/td] [td]3.50[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Conf. Semi-Finals[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]42.8[/td] [td]0.587[/td] [td]0.667[/td] [td]0.702[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]9.7[/td] [td]11.7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.83[/td] [td]3.30[/td] [td]18.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Conf. Finals[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]33.6[/td] [td]0.404[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.688[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]12.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Finals[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]35.5[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.400[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]5.00[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Playoff Averages[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]37.5[/td] [td]0.483[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.654[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.94[/td] [td]3.50[/td] [td]14.4[/td] [/tr][/table]
I guess averaging a double double in the season and almost doing the same during the playoffs describes (according to you) his "sorrieness....ifyou're going to post your opinion at least have something to back it up
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

lakers will lose game 4

oh the irony
laugh.gif
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td]0.525[/td] [td]0.274[/td] [td]0.698[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]10.6[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]2.03[/td] [td]2.90[/td] [td]14.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
SEASON AVERAGES
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Playoffs[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]First Round[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]35.3[/td] [td]0.419[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.550[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.50[/td] [td]3.50[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Conf. Semi-Finals[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]42.8[/td] [td]0.587[/td] [td]0.667[/td] [td]0.702[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]9.7[/td] [td]11.7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.83[/td] [td]3.30[/td] [td]18.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Conf. Finals[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]33.6[/td] [td]0.404[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.688[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]12.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Finals[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]35.5[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.400[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]5.00[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Playoff Averages[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]37.5[/td] [td]0.483[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.654[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.94[/td] [td]3.50[/td] [td]14.4[/td] [/tr][/table]
I guess averaging a double double in the season and almost doing the same during the playoffs describes (according to you) his "sorrieness....if you're going to post your opinion at least have something to back it up
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
this game is all the proof i need my friend

^ i agree and im the biggest lamar odom fanboy here... its so ridiculous, you have that much skill and are that trash, seriously, his reaction time is so slow,good thing he isnt a cop or in the armed forces, or he would be dead, based on how slow he reacts to things...

- he has a good first step, except that he does it directly into the player guarding him...
-he has no right what so ever, at least pau and kobe can use both hands
- he keeps using that finesse crap, dude your like 7 foot tall and you have long arms, take the hit or take it strong
- he just disappears, i mean man you are capable of playing well, weve seen you do it
- he has a good post game, if some of you remember, but he never uses it anymore
-he has no faith in his jumper, which use to be decent, hes hesitant to do anything
-and his defense, man i swear everybody makes a jumper or something in his face
-he can never get out of starting bad, if he misses his first 4 shots, hes done, theres nothing that can be done
-all the sudden he cant rebound, he taps the ball instead of grabbin it aggressively, and the ball goes to the other team

he is utter trash.. seriously, stop playing like crap, you make like 14 million dollars a year, everyone says your one of the most versaitale players in thegame, but you find so many ways to mess up...

phil said you were confused out there, how are you confused youve been here for 4 years, stop playing stupid..

stop disappearing, stop going on am570 saying you have to turn up your intensity and go and suck... stop!!!

lamar, you kno i got love for you man, i met you when i was in highschool and you bought me a swingman and i was like imma be your biggest fan, but this isridiculous, every year im like, this is your year, your gonna make the all star game, and u got that crap star shaved into your head, then you were saying,being a third option suits you best, buy yet you have become typical lamar odom, every year i hope you dont get traded, but if you keep doing this, its team> player... if we gotta trade you or not extend your contract i would understand, cause you are not living up to your potential at all... i cant beleive iever beleived you could be like scottie pippen, you were comapred to freakin magic johnson for God's sake!!!

arrrrghhhh!!!! im frustrated,i know i mispelled like every word, but whatever!!!

lakers will lose game 4

Naw. Lakers will win game 4. Then the pressure shifts to the Celtics while the Lakers still have the home court for game 5.... giving theLakers a good chance at winning all 3 games.

dude this really sucks, cause pau has been sucking lately, and lamar only plays good when pau does good, its like a combo pack... theyre freakin kleenex andkotex!!!! so soft... i wish bynum was here, then pau and lamar could be as soft and finesse like as they want...

I haven't gone through this whole thread cuz its so big, but is there nothing more annoying than Kendrick Perkins. Especially when he gets called for afoul. He always thinks he didn't commit one and has that ugly scowl on his face.
He's like an uglier version of Sam the Eagle
795px-Zeromostel05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom