**OFFICIAL NBA MOST VALUABLE PLAYER (MVP) THREAD**

^ I've mentioned that before, for all sports.

The MVPs should be determined by the votes of previous MVPs and a select few current players. Or, heck with it, just throw everyone in the mix: all MVPs, andall current players.

Whatever the case, it would provide way more credibility to the MVPs of each sport; everyone would now that the winner was chosen by both his peers andprevious winners of the AWARD.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I didnt know you could change your vote during the playoffs. I was watching nba tv and peter vescey said he voted for kobe but then he saw the hornets playoff game 1 and called the league and changed his vote.

yup, when i was watching that i was just
smh.gif
the whole time.

Originally Posted by rocboys

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Chris Paul HAS to be MVP. He's on a team that wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs, and didn't make any significant trade to better their roster....and this team MIGHT FINISH FIRST??? Like somebody else said, if they finish with a top 3 seed, it has to be Paul.
But wait, the Lakers weren't supposed to make the playoffs either and they might finish 1st as well.
Nobody had the Lakers finishing higher than a 7/8 seed. The majority had LA not even making the playoffs.
Don't give me that BS that the Lakers traded for Pau, the Lakers got to 1st place in the West before Bynum was hurt, so that arguement is null and void.

Not only Pau Gasol but also DERRICK FISHER, and Bynum (even he's injured, he improved alot since last year), Sasha is shooting better than Kobe and so is Jordan Farmar. Lakers fans lack brain cells like that guy Kidzskillz.

There isn't a DERRICK FISHER on the Lakers.

There is a DEREK FISHER.

Talk about lack of brain cells. For a guy that lives in SoCal and watches enough Lakers games, you'd think he'd get his name right.

Originally Posted by Flowsomuch

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Chris Paul HAS to be MVP. He's on a team that wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs, and didn't make any significant trade to better their roster....and this team MIGHT FINISH FIRST??? Like somebody else said, if they finish with a top 3 seed, it has to be Paul.
But wait, the Lakers weren't supposed to make the playoffs either and they might finish 1st as well.
Nobody had the Lakers finishing higher than a 7/8 seed. The majority had LA not even making the playoffs.
Don't give me that BS that the Lakers traded for Pau, the Lakers got to 1st place in the West before Bynum was hurt, so that arguement is null and void.

Not only Pau Gasol but also DERRICK FISHER, and Bynum (even he's injured, he improved alot since last year), Sasha is shooting better than Kobe and so is Jordan Farmar. Lakers fans lack brain cells like that guy Kidzskillz.

There isn't a DERRICK FISHER on the Lakers.

There is a DEREK FISHER.

Talk about lack of brain cells. For a guy that lives in SoCal and watches enough Lakers games, you'd think he'd get his name right.

quit stalking me

Originally Posted by tupac003

The MVP is for the regular season....

Lord...if that man chaged his vote over a playoff game this award is a joke.

The players need to vote.

How about the past mvp's for the last 50 years vote?

How is it a joke? We all know the real MVP is CP3 and the voters were afraid to vote for him because of the lack of playoff experience and the possibilitythat the Hornets lose the first round. They didn't want what happened last year to Dirk. Many players say that Kobe is the best player in the last fewyears including when Nash got two MVPs. What would happened if the players did vote and Kobe won and lose the first round like he did two years in a row?

Who cares who wins the MVP. The Spurs are gonna roll over the Hornets and the Lakers and the only trophy either one will be huggin on is a MVP trophy.

The MVP is for the regular season....

Lord...if that man chaged his vote over a playoff game this award is a joke.

The players need to vote.

How about the past mvp's for the last 50 years vote?

How is it a joke? We all know the real MVP is CP3 and the voters were afraid to vote for him because of the lack of playoff experience and the possibility that the Hornets lose the first round. They didn't want what happened last year to Dirk. Many players say that Kobe is the best player in the last few years including when Nash got two MVPs. What would happened if the players did vote and Kobe won and lose the first round like he did two years in a row?

lol you sound bitter.

Did this Rocboys guy just say that Sasha shot better this season then Kobe? I hope what he meant to say was that Sasha shot better from 3 then Kobe. Cuzotherwise he would be a fool. But you're not a fool, are you Rocker?

Where'd all those guys go that said whoever wins the West deserves the MVP? After the Lakers won the West, they all disappeared and look like they'veemerged with a new tactic for Paul to be deserving without the best record. Odd how that played out.

Really, I didn't see that coming.

laugh.gif

rocboys:
How is it a joke? We all know the real MVP is CP3 and the voters were afraid to vote for him because of the lack of playoff experience and the possibility that the Hornets lose the first round. They didn't want what happened last year to Dirk. Many players say that Kobe is the best player in the last few years including when Nash got two MVPs. What would happened if the players did vote and Kobe won and lose the first round like he did two years in a row?
It would be a joke because the award has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs, period.

Say you and I have our own restaurants, and we're facing each other in the finals of a cooking contest.

Obviously, the appearance of our stores should have nothing to do with that. The dishes that you and I prepare should be ALL that matters.

So the contest is over, and the judges have one week to submit their votes to... whoever they're supposed to submit them to.

One of the judges was so pleased with your meal that he had to come to you and tell you that he loved it, and that he has already submitted his vote for you.He said he didn't need a week, because his mind was already made up, and you were his pick.

Then two days later, you see him say in an interview that he asked to change his vote. He said that he had originally voted for you, but then yesterday, hevisited both of our restaurants. He said that he found mine to be much more elegant, clean, and he found my staff to be much more friendly and hospitable, andthat he was asking to change the vote he already submitted because of that.

Wouldn't you be hot? I'm sure you'd be thinking 'Wait, that has NOTHING to do with the contest!!!'

So it is with the playoffs, CP3's lack of playoff experience, or the fear of the award going to someone who gets bounced in the first round. All of thosethings are playoff-related, so none of those things have to do with the MVP award.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

rocboys:
It would be a joke because the award has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs, period.

Say you and I have our own restaurants, and we're facing each other in the finals of a cooking contest.

Obviously, the appearance of our stores should have nothing to do with that. The dishes that you and I prepare should be ALL that matters.

So the contest is over, and the judges have one week to submit their votes to... whoever they're supposed to submit them to.

One of the judges was so pleased with your meal that he had to come to you and tell you that he loved it, and that he has already submitted his vote for you. He said he didn't need a week, because his mind was already made up, and you were his pick.

Then two days later, you see him do an interview that he asked to change his vote. He said that he had originally voted for you, but then yesterday, he visited both of our restaurants. He said that he found mine to be much more elegant, clean, and he found my staff to be much more friendly and hospitable.

Wouldn't you be hot? I'm sure you'd be thinking 'Wait, that has NOTHING to do with the contest!!!'

So it is with the playoffs, CP3s lack of playoff experience, or the fear of the award going to someone who gets bounced in the first round. All of those things are playoff-related, so none of those things have to do with the MVP award.

SKA you made a great point...

But rockboys doesn't like kobe. So its like talking to a brick wall.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ You better have seen wrong, or he better have been joking.

If that's true, then THAT is a freaking shame. How is he going to... man, if you heard right, then add that to the list of reason why the award is not as revered as it once was.

if he were joking he would have been smiling but he wasnt.... Then again peter vescey is a weirdo so no telling with that dude...

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

I didnt know you could change your vote during the playoffs. I was watching nba tv and peter vescey said he voted for kobe but then he saw the hornets playoff game 1 and called the league and changed his vote.

smh.gif
the whole time.
oh you saw that too? if they are allowing that then i think Chris Paul will no doubt win it this year...

smh.gif
the whole time.
oh you saw that too? if they are allowing that then i think Chris Paul will no doubt win it this year...

I am sure he was kidding. If it were true, he wouldn't be dumb enough to be annoucing it over the air. Course, we are talkin about Pete, so i guessanything is possible.
laugh.gif

Maybe that's why we haven't heard who the MVP is.

This time last year we knew who won already.

I just want it to be over with.

no everytime we heard the MVP was after the 2nd round wasnt it? it was always way after all the other awards had been handed out.

no everytime we heard the MVP was after the 2nd round wasnt it? it was always way after all the other awards had been handed out.

It is pretty much the 2nd round
tongue.gif

Remember last year Dirk won the award after his team was booted out of the first round.

By the way, wikipedia has Chris Paul as the 2008 MVP
laugh.gif
grin.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_MVPhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_MVP

Which one of you changed it to Tyler Cavanaugh?

roll.gif

I hope some there's some dude out there that doesn't know wikipedia is user-editable, and he's been trying to look at that page the last fewminutes, and just watched it go from Chris Paul to Brian Scalabrine to Tyler Cavanaugh, and now Bobby Jackson.

*edit* Nevermind. One of you yahoos made ME this year's NBA MVP, playing for the team Niketalk.
roll.gif
And I'm leaving that; screw Bobby Jackson.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2011[/td] [td] LeBron James[/td] [td]Brooklyn Nets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2010[/td] [td] Kobe Bryant[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td] Chris Paul[/td] [td]New Orleans Hornets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td] Kobe Bryant[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td] Dirk Nowitzki[/td] [td]Dallas Mavericks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td] Steve Nash (2)[/td] [td]Phoenix Suns[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td] Steve Nash[/td] [td]Phoenix Suns[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td] Kevin Garnett[/td] [td]Minnesota Timberwolves[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td] Tim Duncan (2)[/td] [td]San Antonio Spurs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td] Tim Duncan[/td] [td]San Antonio Spurs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td] Allen Iverson[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td] Shaquille O'Neal[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td] Karl Malone (2)[/td] [td]Utah Jazz[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998[/td] [td] Michael Jordan (5)[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997[/td] [td] Karl Malone[/td] [td]Utah Jazz[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td] Michael Jordan (4)[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995[/td] [td] David Robinson[/td] [td]San Antonio Spurs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td] Hakeem Olajuwon[/td] [td]Houston Rockets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993[/td] [td] Charles Barkley[/td] [td]Phoenix Suns[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992[/td] [td] Michael Jordan (3)[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991[/td] [td] Michael Jordan (2)[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990[/td] [td] Magic Johnson (3)[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989[/td] [td] Magic Johnson (2)[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988[/td] [td] Michael Jordan[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987[/td] [td] Magic Johnson[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1986[/td] [td] Larry Bird (3)[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1985[/td] [td] Larry Bird (2)[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1984[/td] [td] Larry Bird[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1983[/td] [td] Moses Malone (3)[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1982[/td] [td] Moses Malone (2)[/td] [td]Houston Rockets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1981[/td] [td] Julius Erving[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1980[/td] [td] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (6)[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1979[/td] [td] Moses Malone[/td] [td]Houston Rockets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1978[/td] [td] Bill Walton[/td] [td]Portland Trail Blazers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1977[/td] [td] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (5)[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1976[/td] [td] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (4)[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1975[/td] [td] Bob McAdoo[/td] [td]Buffalo Braves[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1974[/td] [td] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (3)[/td] [td]Milwaukee Bucks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1973[/td] [td] Dave Cowens[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1972[/td] [td] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (2)[/td] [td]Milwaukee Bucks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1971[/td] [td] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar[/td] [td]Milwaukee Bucks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1970[/td] [td] Willis Reed[/td] [td]New York Knicks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1969[/td] [td] Wes Unseld[/td] [td]Baltimore Bullets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1968[/td] [td] Wilt Chamberlain (4)[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1967[/td] [td] Wilt Chamberlain (3)[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1966[/td] [td] Wilt Chamberlain (2)[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1965[/td] [td] Bill Russell (5)[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1964[/td] [td] Oscar Robertson[/td] [td]Cincinnati Royals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1963[/td] [td] Bill Russell (4)[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1962[/td] [td] Bill Russell (3)[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1961[/td] [td] Bill Russell (2)[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1960[/td] [td] Wilt Chamberlain[/td] [td]Philadelphia Warriors[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1959[/td] [td] Bob Pettit (2)[/td] [td]St. Louis Hawks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1958[/td] [td] Bill Russell[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1957[/td] [td] Bob Cousy[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1956[/td] [td] Bob Pettit[/td] [td]St. Louis Hawks[/td] [/tr][/table]

pimp.gif
@ whoever has that kind of psychic ability

Pretty impressive, I must say.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom