Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

laugh.gif
They couldn't just go get some cheap reversible YMCA jerseys? Those things are terrible.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

eek.gif
eek.gif
both dunks are sick. I need to get my hops back. By the end of the summer I want to be destroying oops like that.
Mayne, from 5 yrs ago able to dunk off a pure standing vert, best dunk probably a windmill, to now I'm barely slapping glass. I gained weight, what happened to you?
Ditto
frown.gif

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

eek.gif
eek.gif
both dunks are sick. I need to get my hops back. By the end of the summer I want to be destroying oops like that.
Mayne, from 5 yrs ago able to dunk off a pure standing vert, best dunk probably a windmill, to now I'm barely slapping glass. I gained weight, what happened to you?
Ditto
frown.gif

Does anyone else here own like season tickets or some type of commitment from a team for next season, and if so what have they told you about it? This what the Thunder sent me. I'll probably just let them keep it and roll over to whenever the next games are since season ticket discount is 20% less than regular face value on my ticket (70 or 56) and they're always sold out because of just season ticket members alone. Maybe they lose fans though and whenever they do come back, they lower ticket prices again though and the need to have seasons to get in dwindles as well as the money making potential. IDK. It's not like I need it (about $2500)

Spoiler [+]
Dear -------,

As you may be aware, the National Basketball Association and the National Basketball Players Association were working under a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) that expired on June 30, 2011.

The league’s efforts are focused on reaching an agreement that is in the best interests of the fans, teams, players and the game. The goal is to find a sustainable business model that enables all 30 teams to compete for a championship, fairly compensates players and ensures a world-class experience for fans.

As a result, and with the possibility that games may be lost if the 2011-12 season is shortened or not played, the NBA and the Thunder have established the following options regarding payments made by our valued Season Ticket Members. No matter which option you choose, you will NOT have to pay for any games that are not played.

Option One: Thunder Season Ticket Member Credit

You will be provided the opportunity to keep money on your account and will accrue a 5% credit - in the form of interest.
Thunder credit will begin to accrue after the first scheduled game is missed. The total credit will be based on the number of missed games should an agreement not be reached.
Ticket payments and credit accrued will be applied toward your 2012-13 season ticket account.
Thunder credit will only be issued if your account is compliant with your agreed-upon payment plan.

Option Two: Ticket Refund and Interest Plan

Refund checks for games not played will be issued within 10 days at the end of each month for those games canceled.
Refund checks will also include simple interest, calculated at an annual rate of 1% based on total funds on deposit.
Interest will begin to accrue on October 1, 2011 if an agreement is not reached.
Interest will only be issued if your account is compliant with your agreed-upon payment plan.

Please keep in mind, no action is necessary at this time. We will communicate with you at a later date regarding these options and ask you to declare your preferred choice.

Regardless of which option you select, provided your account is in good standing, your seat location and priority number will remain intact. Should you have questions about these options, please call your Account Manager, --------------- or [email protected].

Thanks for your continued and loyal support of the Oklahoma City Thunder!

Does anyone else here own like season tickets or some type of commitment from a team for next season, and if so what have they told you about it? This what the Thunder sent me. I'll probably just let them keep it and roll over to whenever the next games are since season ticket discount is 20% less than regular face value on my ticket (70 or 56) and they're always sold out because of just season ticket members alone. Maybe they lose fans though and whenever they do come back, they lower ticket prices again though and the need to have seasons to get in dwindles as well as the money making potential. IDK. It's not like I need it (about $2500)

Spoiler [+]
Dear -------,

As you may be aware, the National Basketball Association and the National Basketball Players Association were working under a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) that expired on June 30, 2011.

The league’s efforts are focused on reaching an agreement that is in the best interests of the fans, teams, players and the game. The goal is to find a sustainable business model that enables all 30 teams to compete for a championship, fairly compensates players and ensures a world-class experience for fans.

As a result, and with the possibility that games may be lost if the 2011-12 season is shortened or not played, the NBA and the Thunder have established the following options regarding payments made by our valued Season Ticket Members. No matter which option you choose, you will NOT have to pay for any games that are not played.

Option One: Thunder Season Ticket Member Credit

You will be provided the opportunity to keep money on your account and will accrue a 5% credit - in the form of interest.
Thunder credit will begin to accrue after the first scheduled game is missed. The total credit will be based on the number of missed games should an agreement not be reached.
Ticket payments and credit accrued will be applied toward your 2012-13 season ticket account.
Thunder credit will only be issued if your account is compliant with your agreed-upon payment plan.

Option Two: Ticket Refund and Interest Plan

Refund checks for games not played will be issued within 10 days at the end of each month for those games canceled.
Refund checks will also include simple interest, calculated at an annual rate of 1% based on total funds on deposit.
Interest will begin to accrue on October 1, 2011 if an agreement is not reached.
Interest will only be issued if your account is compliant with your agreed-upon payment plan.

Please keep in mind, no action is necessary at this time. We will communicate with you at a later date regarding these options and ask you to declare your preferred choice.

Regardless of which option you select, provided your account is in good standing, your seat location and priority number will remain intact. Should you have questions about these options, please call your Account Manager, --------------- or [email protected].

Thanks for your continued and loyal support of the Oklahoma City Thunder!

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

I might be late as hell for asking this but why is Kobe, CP3, Rose, Durant and other NBA players in this game?
Is it for charity? Did Kobe ask the other nba players to join him?

the lockout made it easier for filipino organizers to make the event.

once the lockout happened, they started making some calls. 

the players didn't do it for charity, I'm sure they were paid lots of money. 

and it didn't start with kobe.  once they got some players on board, they made the call to kobe because he was already in asia promoting ... whatever it is he promotes. 

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

I might be late as hell for asking this but why is Kobe, CP3, Rose, Durant and other NBA players in this game?
Is it for charity? Did Kobe ask the other nba players to join him?

the lockout made it easier for filipino organizers to make the event.

once the lockout happened, they started making some calls. 

the players didn't do it for charity, I'm sure they were paid lots of money. 

and it didn't start with kobe.  once they got some players on board, they made the call to kobe because he was already in asia promoting ... whatever it is he promotes. 

laugh.gif

Bron should never play without a headband even though he does wear it Chism style. Got them built in devil horns working

laugh.gif

Bron should never play without a headband even though he does wear it Chism style. Got them built in devil horns working

Back
Top Bottom