Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

That doesn't even LOOK like Steve Francis in that picture. It looks like a cross between Wade and Lupe

I'm convinced that not him in that pic

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

That doesn't even LOOK like Steve Francis in that picture. It looks like a cross between Wade and Lupe

I'm convinced that not him in that pic

Q&A: Pacers' Danny Granger frustrated with NBA lockout

Danny Granger routinely ends each day of his basketball camp by asking the participants a question about either himself or the Indiana Pacers, with a small cash award to the winner.

The NBA may be locked out, but money is not an issue for Granger. He said he saved a lot of his earnings precisely to cover the work stoppage.

"I've been preparing for this for a while," the Pacers forward said during a recent interview inside Park Tudor School's gym. "I've saved so much money because we all knew this was a possibility."

Granger is open to playing overseas if a significant portion of the 2011-12 season is lost. He also knows losing part of the season could severely hurt the momentum the Pacers gained from not only last season but also the draft-night acquisition of former Broad Ripple High School and IUPUI standout George Hill.

Granger's thoughts on a variety of topics:

Question: Did you attend a lot of camps growing up in New Orleans?

Answer: One of the reasons why I'm always holding camps is because I never had a chance to go to them as a kid. I don't know if we could afford it or what. We also didn't have a lot of camps in New Orleans because there wasn't an NBA team there at the time.

Q: How has the lockout been for you?

A: This is the hardest offseason I've ever had to go through. I'm working out with no end in sight right now. Usually I'm ramping up to go full speed. With no set date on training camp starting, everybody is doing their own thing. I'm in L.A. with a lot of players, and everybody feels the same way I do. We're just playing a lot of pickup games at UCLA.

Q: Who are some of the players you're working out with?

A: Blake Griffin (Clippers), JaVale McGee (Wizards), Nick Young (Wizards) and (Pacers guard) Paul George. I work out with Trevor Ariza (Hornets) almost every day. Kevin Durant (Thunder) and LeBron (James) have been out there, too.

Q: How would you handle the lockout if you were (commissioner) David Stern?

A: I feel like he's playing with fire a little bit. He's taken such a hard stance on things. I read that he finally said he'd take a salary cut. Nobody knows how much he makes, though. That's the craziest thing I've heard. We've got 30 owners putting their faith in him to get the deal done and nobody knows how much he's getting paid. He's probably the most powerful guy of all the professional sports.

Q: There's never a good time for a lockout, but would you agree that this one could hurt the NBA's image?

A: Yes. The NBA is coming off a record season. We've got a lot of momentum going. Everybody hates what happened in Miami, but it brought a lot of attention to the league. Dallas finally gets a championship. We've got a great thing going and we're about to shut the league down.

Q: How will the lockout impact the Pacers?

A: It'll hurt us bad. We finally got some veteran players, back in the playoffs and now we don't know what's going to happen. We should be piggy-backing off last year and building off of it. You get a short season and you never know what's going to happen, 'cause it's not a normal season. We need more time together and we're young and the more time we have together as a team will help us. Reducing the season, taking away the preseason, no training camp, it can only hurt us.

Q: Has there been any talk about you and your teammates getting together to work out?

A: We've already started talking about it. I spoke with the coaches before the lockout and they gave their views on what we should do. Me and Jeff (Foster) are trying to plan it out so when the season starts we will have been going for a good month. There's not going to be a preseason, probably won't be much of a training camp, either.

Q: Free agency will be a lot shorter once the lockout ends. What area do you guys need to address most?

A: I think with what's on the market at power forward, we have the opportunity to go get one of them. David West, Nene and Carl Landry are available. There are some good power forwards out there. I think we need to be deeper at that position.
Link

Q&A: Pacers' Danny Granger frustrated with NBA lockout

Danny Granger routinely ends each day of his basketball camp by asking the participants a question about either himself or the Indiana Pacers, with a small cash award to the winner.

The NBA may be locked out, but money is not an issue for Granger. He said he saved a lot of his earnings precisely to cover the work stoppage.

"I've been preparing for this for a while," the Pacers forward said during a recent interview inside Park Tudor School's gym. "I've saved so much money because we all knew this was a possibility."

Granger is open to playing overseas if a significant portion of the 2011-12 season is lost. He also knows losing part of the season could severely hurt the momentum the Pacers gained from not only last season but also the draft-night acquisition of former Broad Ripple High School and IUPUI standout George Hill.

Granger's thoughts on a variety of topics:

Question: Did you attend a lot of camps growing up in New Orleans?

Answer: One of the reasons why I'm always holding camps is because I never had a chance to go to them as a kid. I don't know if we could afford it or what. We also didn't have a lot of camps in New Orleans because there wasn't an NBA team there at the time.

Q: How has the lockout been for you?

A: This is the hardest offseason I've ever had to go through. I'm working out with no end in sight right now. Usually I'm ramping up to go full speed. With no set date on training camp starting, everybody is doing their own thing. I'm in L.A. with a lot of players, and everybody feels the same way I do. We're just playing a lot of pickup games at UCLA.

Q: Who are some of the players you're working out with?

A: Blake Griffin (Clippers), JaVale McGee (Wizards), Nick Young (Wizards) and (Pacers guard) Paul George. I work out with Trevor Ariza (Hornets) almost every day. Kevin Durant (Thunder) and LeBron (James) have been out there, too.

Q: How would you handle the lockout if you were (commissioner) David Stern?

A: I feel like he's playing with fire a little bit. He's taken such a hard stance on things. I read that he finally said he'd take a salary cut. Nobody knows how much he makes, though. That's the craziest thing I've heard. We've got 30 owners putting their faith in him to get the deal done and nobody knows how much he's getting paid. He's probably the most powerful guy of all the professional sports.

Q: There's never a good time for a lockout, but would you agree that this one could hurt the NBA's image?

A: Yes. The NBA is coming off a record season. We've got a lot of momentum going. Everybody hates what happened in Miami, but it brought a lot of attention to the league. Dallas finally gets a championship. We've got a great thing going and we're about to shut the league down.

Q: How will the lockout impact the Pacers?

A: It'll hurt us bad. We finally got some veteran players, back in the playoffs and now we don't know what's going to happen. We should be piggy-backing off last year and building off of it. You get a short season and you never know what's going to happen, 'cause it's not a normal season. We need more time together and we're young and the more time we have together as a team will help us. Reducing the season, taking away the preseason, no training camp, it can only hurt us.

Q: Has there been any talk about you and your teammates getting together to work out?

A: We've already started talking about it. I spoke with the coaches before the lockout and they gave their views on what we should do. Me and Jeff (Foster) are trying to plan it out so when the season starts we will have been going for a good month. There's not going to be a preseason, probably won't be much of a training camp, either.

Q: Free agency will be a lot shorter once the lockout ends. What area do you guys need to address most?

A: I think with what's on the market at power forward, we have the opportunity to go get one of them. David West, Nene and Carl Landry are available. There are some good power forwards out there. I think we need to be deeper at that position.
Link

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

pimp.gif

This is dope... I'd actually watch/pay attention to this
pimp.gif

LATEST HEADLINES - NBA NEWS

tools.gif
E-News Sign Up

Share 44

[h1]Houston to host 2013 All-Star weekend[/h1]

Posted Aug 10 2011 7:05PM

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston will host the NBA's All-Star weekend in 2013.

Tere Perry, public relations manager at the Hilton Americas hotel, confirmed that the hotel has been informed that the All-Star Game and the events surrounding it are coming to Houston in February 2013. The hotel is across the street from the Toyota Center, the home of the Rockets, where the game was played in 2006.

KRIV-TV first reported that the city had landed the game. Houston also hosted the 1989 All-Star Game at the Astrodome.

Neither the Rockets nor the NBA would comment on the report.

Eh, was hoping it would stay East like maybe Miami. So if there's no season next year does the All Star game just skip Orlando or do they just move the events back, cause that one is close enough that I would want to go.

tools.gif
E-News Sign Up

Share 44

Tere Perry, public relations manager at the Hilton Americas hotel, confirmed that the hotel has been informed that the All-Star Game and the events surrounding it are coming to Houston in February 2013. The hotel is across the street from the Toyota Center, the home of the Rockets, where the game was played in 2006.

KRIV-TV first reported that the city had landed the game. Houston also hosted the 1989 All-Star Game at the Astrodome.

Eh, was hoping it would stay East like maybe Miami. So if there's no season next year does the All Star game just skip Orlando or do they just move the events back, cause that one is close enough that I would want to go.

Thanks for posting that Nate Robinson video fellas. Those boys love Seattle man. While on the subject of Seattle

Thanks for posting that Nate Robinson video fellas. Those boys love Seattle man. While on the subject of Seattle

Houston getting it again? they need to expand to new cities instead of going back and giving it to cities that just had it...

Houston getting it again? they need to expand to new cities instead of going back and giving it to cities that just had it...

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

tools.gif
E-News Sign Up

Share 44

pimp.gif
 *Bart Scott*CAN'T WAIT*Bart Scott*

I love it.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

tools.gif
E-News Sign Up

Share 44

pimp.gif
 *Bart Scott*CAN'T WAIT*Bart Scott*

I love it.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Like DC right?

What cities should get a chance in your opinon that get overlooked?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Like DC right?

What cities should get a chance in your opinon that get overlooked?

They won't do it in any city that has a legitimate winter anymore because it won't allow them to do/put on the show that they've been able to, thus decreasing their revenue. So if you're squad doesn't resided in the south or out west you can kiss that good bye.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom