Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by PMatic

“My dad, Eddie Battle, born Eddie Battle, on his birth certificate, whoever wrote it down wrote B-A-T-T-scribble-scribble-scribble. So my dad grew up Eddie Battle his entire life, and then he joined the army when he was of age, the army recruiter actually had his own interpretation of what was on the birth certificate. They wrote down B-A-T-T-I-E-R.

So the first day in the army, my dad says ‘Private Battle reporting for duty.’ The sergeant said, ‘There’s no Battle, there’s a Battier (ed. note: pronounced ‘batty-er’).’ So my dad says, ‘That’s not my name.’ The sergeant says, ‘Well Uncle Sam says it is.’ So my dad kept it.

So he was Eddie Battier (still ‘batty-er’), and he met his wife, my mom, in ’75 and she said, ‘It looks French. We’ll call it French.’ So from that point on they were Battier (bat-ee-ay). So I’m a first generation Battier.

“My dad, Eddie Battle, born Eddie Battle, on his birth certificate, whoever wrote it down wrote B-A-T-T-scribble-scribble-scribble. So my dad grew up Eddie Battle his entire life, and then he joined the army when he was of age, the army recruiter actually had his own interpretation of what was on the birth certificate. They wrote down B-A-T-T-I-E-R.

So the first day in the army, my dad says ‘Private Battle reporting for duty.’ The sergeant said, ‘There’s no Battle, there’s a Battier (ed. note: pronounced ‘batty-er’).’ So my dad says, ‘That’s not my name.’ The sergeant says, ‘Well Uncle Sam says it is.’ So my dad kept it.

So he was Eddie Battier (still ‘batty-er’), and he met his wife, my mom, in ’75 and she said, ‘It looks French. We’ll call it French.’ So from that point on they were Battier (bat-ee-ay). So I’m a first generation Battier.

"Reke w/ the baby Shammgod
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

Seems like the players don't give a damnabout the lockout, so it ain't no meetings/negotiating??cuz it won't be funny if it ain't a season
Every player doesn't go to meetings.
The big difference compared to the NFL's lockout compared to the NBA's lockout is that the NFL and NFLPA were ordered by a judge and legal courts to meet regularly to negotiate a new CBA to end the lockout.
Until that happens with the NBA the league and the NBA players association are basically going to play hard ball and won't budge or compromise on the changes both sides are disagreeing on. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

Seems like the players don't give a damnabout the lockout, so it ain't no meetings/negotiating??cuz it won't be funny if it ain't a season
Every player doesn't go to meetings.
The big difference compared to the NFL's lockout compared to the NBA's lockout is that the NFL and NFLPA were ordered by a judge and legal courts to meet regularly to negotiate a new CBA to end the lockout.
Until that happens with the NBA the league and the NBA players association are basically going to play hard ball and won't budge or compromise on the changes both sides are disagreeing on. 

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Back
Top Bottom