Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

It would be funny if Stack Jack blew up though.

Was that Daniels in the vid?
laugh.gif

KingJames_normal.jpg

KingJames LeBron James

Just got done practicing with the St.V Varsity football team, full pads and all.. Felt great being back on the field. Should I?
4 Oct
65213284q.jpg

2gtyt81.png

Career change? Heat star James practices with high school team
  • By Dan HanzusNFL.com
  • Published: Oct. 5, 2011 at 02:51 p.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 5, 2011 at 06:25 p.m
Is LeBron James taking his talents to the NFL?

Clearly looking for things to do as the NBA lockout drags on, the Miami Heat forward practiced in full pads with the Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary varsity football team on Tuesday, according to the Chicago Tribune. James attended the Ohio high school, graduating in 2003 before embarking on a hugely successful NBA career.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

James borrowed the equipment and jersey of injured player Clayton Uecker, who at 6-foot-5, was the closest size match to the 6-foot-8, 250-pound James. As you might imagine, James was a man amongst boys on the field, catching every pass thrown his way. There was a strict no-tackle policy in place for the two-time MVP, but there was still contact.

"Our defensive backs were allowed to jam him at the line of scrimmage," running back Sae'Von Fitzgerald said. "But he took no contact after that. Coach (Dan Borman) said we shouldn't tackle him."

(That thud you just heard was Heat president Pat Riley fainting.)

We can only imagine how difficult it must have been for a bunch of high school kids to practice with their minds blown out the back of their helmets.

"I not gonna lie, it was pretty cool to see him out there," said starting quarterback Kevin Besser.

James took to his Twitter page afterward.

"Just got done practicing with the St.V Varsity football team, full pads and all," he tweeted. "Felt great being back on the field. Should I?"

We have little doubt that, given his freakish athletic gifts, James could develop into an elite NFL tight end. As long as there isn't a bloated hour-long special to announce it, we'd be all for the LeBron experience coming to the NFL. What else is he going to do?

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...h-high-school-team?module=HP11_headline_stack

^^^ If one of those high shcool kids put a shoulder in LeBron's ribs, he would have been a hero to a lot of Ohio.

lol @ being a beast in the NFL...lebron would die first day out. if he went now. if he got on nfl regimen, perhaps he could be decent, but inter-sports stars dont happen everyday..

Originally Posted by Freeze

lol @ being a beast in the NFL...lebron would die first day out. if he went now. if he got on nfl regimen, perhaps he could be decent, but inter-sports stars dont happen everyday..
Yeah, and if he wanted to be an every down player, its not like he'd be out there just catching jump balls.  Since his most likely position would be tight end, he'd be responsible for blocking and pass catching.  Considering the guy won't even post up in basketball, I have serious doubts he'd be down for the kind of contract that goes on in the NFL.  

But whatever, at least its something to talk about considering there's no real basketball going on.

There's a good article on espn.com written by etan Thomas regarding the owners and the lockout.

Can't post the link from my phone though

The song selection (The Game ft Chris Brown) was perfect execution for Twill's time with the Nets.

He can be successful in this league. I pull for the kid. Even though he was a headcase in NJ, I still think he has the talent.

He can be successful in this league. I pull for the kid. Even though he was a headcase in NJ, I still think he has the talent.

Agreed... The talent & athelticism is there, he just needs to be there mentally & find his spot on a team & he'll be a solid contributor. His slashing, leaping, & court vision / passing is too impressive to go to waste.

Originally Posted by Freeze

lol @ being a beast in the NFL...lebron would die first day out. if he went now. if he got on nfl regimen, perhaps he could be decent,
Yeah, because that's what I said:
if he really dedicated himself.
Oh.
but inter-sports stars dont happen everyday..
Because we're talking about an "everyday" type of athlete here?

Most don't know that LeBron was an all state WR as a sophomore in HS (didn't play Jr. or Sr. year) in Ohio (a top 5 or so state in the country for HS football).

There's not a corner in the league who could defend Bron 1 on 1 on a fade route.

Not to mention, football is the easiest sport to pickup after a long layoff, or in general (for great athletes).� Just ask Antonio Gates (one of the best to ever do it).

I'm not saying he's be a Pro Bowler or even a borderline star.� I'm saying he could be effective and would probably beast on dudes in the red zone.
But whatever, at least its something to talk about considering there's no real basketball going on.
Exactly.
laugh.gif

I'd pay good money to see Revis Island try to stop that in the red zone.
nerd.gif

LeBron is 6'8 250 pounds. Jimmy Graham is 6'6 250 pounds. LeBron was an All-State WR as a SOPHOMORE in high school, Jimmy Graham didn't even play football until his 5th year of college. Two years later Graham is the top receiving tight end in the entire NFL. I've played basketball with Jimmy Graham, he's a decent athlete, physical and long....but he's damn sure no LeBron. The average corner is like 6'0. You could put 3 of those 6'0 guys guarding LeBron on a jump ball in the end zone and there is ZERO chance that LeBron isn't coming up with it. He's 3 inches taller, 20 pounds more muscle and has the same/if not better vert as Calvin Johnson.

Y'all are either delusional or haters if you don't think Bron could play in the NFL. Acting like football is chess or some $#@#....all he's gotta do is learn a few routes and have the quarterback throw him jump balls. I wouldn't be suprised if more than a few NBA guys tried out for an NFL team this year. I wish I could see Melo at tight end, Rondo at corner and Westbrook at safety.

Back
Top Bottom