Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Figures Chris Paul is playing with women...

And the list of players doing this tour seems very intriuging.

Paul/Rondo/Nash
Kobe/Wade
Bron/KD/Pierce
Melo/Amare/Blake/KG/Booz
Bosh/Howard/Chandler/Love

Surprised there aren't more guards playing, very forward-heavy.

Paul/Rondo/Nash
Kobe/Wade
Bron/KD/Pierce
Melo/Amare/Blake/KG/Booz

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Paul/Rondo/Nash
Kobe/Wade
Bron/KD/Pierce
Melo/Amare/Blake/KG/Booz

that tells you that the game is not gonna be up and down and all flash.  these guys are testing to see what its like to have their own league.

Paul/Rondo/Nash
Kobe/Wade
Bron/KD/Pierce
Melo/Amare/Blake/KG/Booz

that tells you that the game is not gonna be up and down and all flash.  these guys are testing to see what its like to have their own league.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^they will

It won't happen.  It's bigger than just adding games.  You have to consider what the venues have booked as well beyond basketball. Word is that 2 more weeks of games will be cancelled tomorrow. IMO, we get 50 games this year and that's being nice
tired.gif

I don't think it will be that difficult to reschedule a concert or something like that. The NBA will find a way to make an 82 game season if they want to.
Agreed

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^they will

It won't happen.  It's bigger than just adding games.  You have to consider what the venues have booked as well beyond basketball. Word is that 2 more weeks of games will be cancelled tomorrow. IMO, we get 50 games this year and that's being nice
tired.gif

I don't think it will be that difficult to reschedule a concert or something like that. The NBA will find a way to make an 82 game season if they want to.
Agreed

Can someone explain to me if they get a deal worked out before let's say middle of November how will the schedule go? Will their be a free agent period and training camp or will they just start playing?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Can someone explain to me if they get a deal worked out before let's say middle of November how will the schedule go? Will their be a free agent period and training camp or will they just start playing?
free agency of course and during that time most likely a mini camp. if theres an amnesty clause then FA will be pretty big so it would take some time.

Some are saying it could take a month to get the regular season started. That's if they want to do a truncated pre-season (few games). I think it'll be three weeks, at most, to get started. In '99, the lockout ended on January 18th and the season started February 5th (2 and 1/2 weeks).

In the 98-99 NBA Lockout, it took a month between agreeing to a deal and the actual start of the season.

Originally Posted by Dric

Paul/Rondo/Nash
Kobe/Wade
Bron/KD/Pierce
Melo/Amare/Blake/KG/Booz

When and where is this happening?

BREAKING NEWS:
Word down here in South Florida is LeBron James decided not to go on the World All Star Classic because he's scheduled for "Hair Plug Implants". The man everyone loves to hate will soon have a fresh lineup again (well as good as it was). Guess he's that tired of taking L's looking left at Dwyane and right at Bosh.  I always thought LeBron and Pat Riley were together on this, I'm ashamed LeBron.

laugh.gif
just go bald Bron

Thanks guys. I wasn't watching basketball around '99 it was a little after.

Last night NBA Gametime gave me some hope.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Somebody embed

-CP3 doesn't look fat, but he definitely looks undefined and bigger. Been noticing that in these all-star games
He has the Melo, Paul Pierce, and Caron Butler genes. No matter what, they just don't look toned.

So Stern just said if the lockout ends there's no way there's going to be a full season? So they won't even bother going a few extra weeks or cramming games in to a month?

I wouldn't even mind if they decided to move All star week to the end of the postseason.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

So Stern just said if the lockout ends there's no way there's going to be a full season? So they won't even bother going a few extra weeks or cramming games in to a month?

I wouldn't even mind if they decided to move All star week to the end of the postseason.
It wouldn't make sense to have a full season. Even if they got a deal done Monday, you're looking at December 1st for a start date, basically. And All-Star week after the post season? Are you crazy? The Olympics would be a few weeks later. Nobody is playing in an All-Star game who's committed to London, especially after the playoffs.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

My take on the possibility of a truncated season? I really don't see the big deal. The Spurs won in '99. Period. I know there are people who say "Nah, didn't count in my book. It was a shortened season." And? It was shortened for everyone, not just the Spurs. It's not like my Lakers played a full 82 games and the Spurs played 50 (or whatever it was).
I hate that people really say that. Till this day, i still have to break that down to them.

But I am playing a Season in 2K11 and playing against the Kings.

What do you all think Tyreke's ceiling is? Will he be one of those players that we write off as, "He doesn't make his team better." Or will he become more than that?
What does this have to do with anything
laugh.gif

His ceiling, from a quasi-homer perspective is that his type will be that of a healthy Brandon Roy that has the potential to lead a team and make that team better. If he ever fixes that jumper then it would increase his odds of this ten fold.

His floor would be a Kevin Martin type player that gets his, puts up neat looking numbers but won't really do much team-wise. Maybe like a Jamaal Crawford kinda guy sans jumpshot, add fearlessness with attacking the rim.

What do you mean what does it have to do with anything? THis is an NBA thread, I am playing vs. the Kings, which prompted me to ask about Tyreke. Where is the confusion? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom