Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

There will be a Duke alumni vs UNC alumni game next Thursday at 8:30 at NC Central. They'll play after the women's game.

UNC-- Antawn Jamison, Tyler Hansbrough, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, Brendan Haywood, Vince Carter, Raymond Felton and Shammond Williams

Duke - Nolan Smith, Kyrie Irving, Gerald Henderson, Corey Maggette, Chris Duhon, Elton Brand

We talked to the guy who the put the game on and I think all the UNC guys listed above will be there and only JJ Redick and Jay Williams from the Duke side are questionable.

i see baby bron bron working. the guard drills had him reminding me of joe johnson. i wonder how quick his 40 is..

durant's shot is so pure man.

That UNC lineup
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Its gonna be cool to see VC, Shammond Williams, & Antawn Jamison on the court together again. Also will be cool to see Rasheed playing ball again.

I was just thinking, has anyone ever had to go through such a tough fight to get to a championship like Dirk did this past year?
nerd.gif

Bulls in 91 had it pretty tough with Detroit and LA, and still having to beat off Ewing and Barkley.
01 Lakers had it tough too. Jailblazers, run-and-gun Kings when they were probably at their best in franchise history, the Spurs, and Allen Iverson. I definitely wouldn't say 02 Lakers because the Nets would never win a championship with their bigs against Shaq. Never.

But Jordan had Pippen and Shaq had Kobe (and Horry
laugh.gif
).

Dirk had help, but it was mostly a solo performance for 14 of their 16 wins basically.

And the Lakers, Thunder, and Heat weren't just guys with one superstar. Pau, Artest, Bynum backed up Kobe. Serge and Russ backed up KD. Bosh backed up Wade and LeBron.

It was a hell of a Playoff run. They were underdogs in pretty much every series (except maybe the Thunder series).

I never really thought about it that much, because of how much I wanted to destroy the Heat, but beating them was huge. They were an absolute juggernaut last year. In the regular season, they were ridiculously scary, and their confidence was through the roof going into The Finals.

only reason durant scores so much is cuz he's playing 3 times harder than the rest.

don't get too excited with what he's been putting up in summer league. oh wait, not even summer league

i meant goodman league

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was just thinking, has anyone ever had to go through such a tough fight to get to a championship like Dirk did this past year?
nerd.gif

Bulls in 91 had it pretty tough with Detroit and LA, and still having to beat off Ewing and Barkley.
01 Lakers had it tough too. Jailblazers, run-and-gun Kings when they were probably at their best in franchise history, the Spurs, and Allen Iverson. I definitely wouldn't say 02 Lakers because the Nets would never win a championship with their bigs against Shaq. Never.

But Jordan had Pippen and Shaq had Kobe (and Horry
laugh.gif
).

Dirk had help, but it was mostly a solo performance for 14 of their 16 wins basically.

And the Lakers, Thunder, and Heat weren't just guys with one superstar. Pau, Artest, Bynum backed up Kobe. Serge and Russ backed up KD. Bosh backed up Wade and LeBron.

It was a hell of a Playoff run. They were underdogs in pretty much every series (except maybe the Thunder series).

I never really thought about it that much, because of how much I wanted to destroy the Heat, but beating them was huge. They were an absolute juggernaut last year. In the regular season, they were ridiculously scary, and their confidence was through the roof going into The Finals.

you have some good points.  that dallas run last year was impressive in every way shape and form.   portland was no 1st round cake walk and given the mavs track record for playoff failure up until then i felt portland had a shot in the series.  game 4 reinforced this sentiment but dallas did what they usually didn't do in the next 2 games

the laker series hurt me as a laker fan, it was just painful to watch.  looking back i shoulda saw the warning signs.   dallas finished strong against a solid blazer team  while the lakers were struggling against the new orleans chris pauls  and aside from a hot start and stretch after the all star break were a very inconsistent team all season long.  still they were the champs and the way the mavs disposed of the back to back champs with such ease was a statement.

the thunder were a decent team as well and no pushovers in their own resepct.

then the finals, to beat the heat and finish that series off the way they did by beating them 3 times in a row was impressive.

that mavs playoff run was one helluva run.

i thought raymond felton was wearing solar red lebrons in the picture with him and martel webster haha. just trippin....

#basketballneverstops

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

only reason durant scores so much is cuz he's playing 3 times harder than the rest.   
eyes.gif

you sound salty.

you act like thats a bad thing...when the younging steps on the court he brings its, no matter whos on the floor. thats what separates pros from average joes...and elite players from the average pro.  

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h1]Terrence Williams: Poor Hungry Driven - Episode 3 "Family Business"[/h1]

Poor Hungry Driven - Season 1 Ep. 3 "Family Business" Starring Houston Rockets Guard Terrence Williams, Created By T.J. Regan. This episode takes you inside Terence's home as he talks about life in the league and his Family.
smokin.gif

Twill is and has always been a beast. This video had me cheesin', real talk. Good post fam. Family 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom