Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, LO doesn't give anything to the Sixers if they're replacing Iguodala.

the all around skill and experience of lamar odom give the young sixers nothing? ok then.

how does 9 million off the books for next year sound aswell as no longer paying iggy that big contract?

keep hatin on anything laker related my dude
glasses.gif

It's not about hating on the Lakers, it's about there being nothing that LO can do for the Sixers other than provide cap relief, which I said at first.

How is he going to help the young kids out, if he's only going to be there for a year and not help in their future?

It's not about hating on the Lakers, it's about there being nothing that LO can do for the Sixers other than provide cap relief, which I said at first.

How is he going to help the young kids out, if he's only going to be there for a year and not help in their future?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

the all around skill and experience of lamar odom give the young sixers nothing? ok then.

how does 9 million off the books for next year sound aswell as no longer paying iggy that big contract?

glasses.gif
The only redeeming factor about the trade is getting out of Iggy's contract. It makes no sense for them to otherwise acquire veterans since they're on a youth movement. Or they should be anyway. They need to get rid of Iggy and Brand ASAP.

With Odom they could still easily miss the playoffs. But once again if they can get out of Iggy's deal it's a win. Unless they had to take on Ron Artest too. Then it would really be a pointless trade for both teams.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

glasses.gif
The only redeeming factor about the trade is getting out of Iggy's contract. It makes no sense for them to otherwise acquire veterans since they're on a youth movement. Or they should be anyway. They need to get rid of Iggy and Brand ASAP.

With Odom they could still easily miss the playoffs. But once again if they can get out of Iggy's deal it's a win. Unless they had to take on Ron Artest too. Then it would really be a pointless trade for both teams.

I would've loved that trade for Portland. They've really cooled on Batum being untouchable (I think they've been waiting for a big trade to include him in anyway all along) and I think they would've taken Jefferson if it wasn't for his big contract. Andre Miller seems like a good fit with Popovich. Only other coach/team perfect for him was if Sloan was still in Utah.

I would've loved that trade for Portland. They've really cooled on Batum being untouchable (I think they've been waiting for a big trade to include him in anyway all along) and I think they would've taken Jefferson if it wasn't for his big contract. Andre Miller seems like a good fit with Popovich. Only other coach/team perfect for him was if Sloan was still in Utah.

No trades yet.... thought there would be one or two by now.

Tomorrow should just be another whirlwind day of rumors that conclude with GMs violently claiming "No, we are not looking to trade Player X at all."

No trades yet.... thought there would be one or two by now.

Tomorrow should just be another whirlwind day of rumors that conclude with GMs violently claiming "No, we are not looking to trade Player X at all."

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Lakers are going to miss Odom when Bynum gets injured. 

which is why the lakers shouldnt move him unless its a deal involving dwight howard.

lakers just need some shooting

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Lakers are going to miss Odom when Bynum gets injured. 

which is why the lakers shouldnt move him unless its a deal involving dwight howard.

lakers just need some shooting

Back
Top Bottom