Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait the warriors turned down hill and thabeet for Biedrins? why
30t6p3b.gif

I'm assuming cause we think he's worth more.
laugh.gif
Especially in a league where 7fts are hard to come by. 

wait the warriors turned down hill and thabeet for Biedrins? why
30t6p3b.gif

I'm assuming cause we think he's worth more.
laugh.gif
Especially in a league where 7fts are hard to come by. 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'll ask again JPZx or any other Minny fan who is the odd man out? Randolph or Beasely? When does either one get traded? or do yall seriously intend for Williams to play the 4 and backup Love?

I'm sure yall could package Flynn + Beasely/Randolph for w/e your team needs. Maybe that vet big man and a lil more (picks probably
laugh.gif
).

They already traded Flynn. I'd just keep all of them for now, they've waited long enough to have that much talent on one team. Sucks that more than half of that talent happens to be forwards though. Can't wait to see them play this year.

I'll ask again JPZx or any other Minny fan who is the odd man out? Randolph or Beasely? When does either one get traded? or do yall seriously intend for Williams to play the 4 and backup Love?

I'm sure yall could package Flynn + Beasely/Randolph for w/e your team needs. Maybe that vet big man and a lil more (picks probably
laugh.gif
).

They already traded Flynn. I'd just keep all of them for now, they've waited long enough to have that much talent on one team. Sucks that more than half of that talent happens to be forwards though. Can't wait to see them play this year.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

pimp.gif
�Ricky throwin some lobs to the guys. Awww mannnnnnnn�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i hope this team can make it work, they will be fun to watch. hope they can win some games

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

pimp.gif
�Ricky throwin some lobs to the guys. Awww mannnnnnnn�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i hope this team can make it work, they will be fun to watch. hope they can win some games

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Knicks are going to regret trading Anthony Randolph.

dude is a bum
You're right...I'd definitely rather have Shelden Williams, Derrick Brown, Shawne Williams and Renaldo Balkman than him...............
sick.gif

Knicks need to cut loose of every single player on that team except Melo, Amare, Billups (for now), Fields and Shumpert. Try and work out a Toney Douglas for Lou Williams or Barbosa trade. The rest of that team is straight up D-League players.

dude is a bum
You're right...I'd definitely rather have Shelden Williams, Derrick Brown, Shawne Williams and Renaldo Balkman than him...............
sick.gif

Knicks need to cut loose of every single player on that team except Melo, Amare, Billups (for now), Fields and Shumpert. Try and work out a Toney Douglas for Lou Williams or Barbosa trade. The rest of that team is straight up D-League players.

Anthony Randolph being a bum 
laugh.gif
... I won't even give that the respect of a response.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

So who's gonna be the go-to guy for the wolves? Beasley?
Michael Beasley is still the best creator on the team. He'll probably start the season as the go-to guy, and then we'll see if anyone else steps up and takes that role from him.

I'll ask again JPZx or any other Minny fan who is the odd man out?
There won't be any odd man out, and for now that's okay. No need to go out on a whim and make a panic trade... you don't know how these guys will play together yet.

We don't know what Rubio's chemistry could be with Randolph (could be something great, at the very least good), or what types of advantages Beasley will now have since he finally has a decent PG on the court.

*Seems like the players are extremely excited to play with one another, and everyone feeds off of that energy. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Anthony Randolph being a bum 
laugh.gif
... I won't even give that the respect of a response.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

So who's gonna be the go-to guy for the wolves? Beasley?
Michael Beasley is still the best creator on the team. He'll probably start the season as the go-to guy, and then we'll see if anyone else steps up and takes that role from him.

There won't be any odd man out, and for now that's okay. No need to go out on a whim and make a panic trade... you don't know how these guys will play together yet.

We don't know what Rubio's chemistry could be with Randolph (could be something great, at the very least good), or what types of advantages Beasley will now have since he finally has a decent PG on the court.

*Seems like the players are extremely excited to play with one another, and everyone feeds off of that energy. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Did not expect this.
Sources: David West to be free agent

Despite suffering a season-ending knee injury in March, New Orleans Hornets power forward David West is expected to opt out of the final season of his contract this week and become a free agent, according to sources close to the situation.

West has a June 30 deadline in his contract to notify the Hornets whether he will invoke next season's $7.5 million salary or opt for free agency, but sources say that the Hornets are already bracing for West to make his opt-out decision official before Thursday's buzzer.

The Hornets have anticipated all along that West would become a free agent, even though the former All-Star was forced to undergo surgery in April to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee suffered March 24. The reason: West still figures to be one of the two or three most coveted players on the open market in spite of the injury after years of consistent production and averages of 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 70 games last season.

The Hornets, sources said, would still love to sign West to an extension before Thursday's deadline. But it's believed that West -- even in a financial landscape forecasted to be more restrictive starting next season and even factoring in his injury -- will eventually earn more in free agency than he could in an extension that would have to be calculated with next season's $7.5 million salary as a starting point.

Free agency will be delayed if the NBA, as expected, imposes a lockout July 1. But sources say only an unforeseen rehabilitation setback in the next 72 hours would change West's plans.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported on Friday that West has been rehabbing twice daily and started on that schedule even before New York orthopedist Dr. David Altchek reconstructed the torn ligament. Altchek re-examined West's knee in New York two weeks ago and proclaimed him ahead of schedule in a rehabilitation period that initially was expected to last six to eight months.

West told the newspaper in a story published Friday: "I just want to make sure that whatever it is I do, I want to make sure it's the best thought-out decision. I'm not 100 percent clear yet. What I will say is I feel good. I feel confident in my rehab and my knee. And I'll keep looking at it. I'm not worried about my knee.

"Whatever decision it is, and to me it's probably a bigger deal to other people than it is to me, it's just something I'm waiting to do," West continued. "I wanted to finish this week in particularly because this is a good point in my rehab. After this rehab (session Friday), I'll have a good long conversation with my agent (Octagon's Lance Young) and go from there."

Hornets general manager Dell Demps told the Times-Picayune last week: "Whether he opts in or opts out, our goal is to keep David West here. We said it from Day 1: We want David West to retire a Hornet. He's been great to us on and off the court. We're hoping his recovery continues on pace as it is right now. He's right on schedule to come back next year and play.

"We're hoping for a speedy recovery. Our goal is to keep him. There's room for both (West and free-agent power forward Carl Landry). Our goal is to keep that core together. We're not changing off that plan."

Link

Did not expect this.
Sources: David West to be free agent

Despite suffering a season-ending knee injury in March, New Orleans Hornets power forward David West is expected to opt out of the final season of his contract this week and become a free agent, according to sources close to the situation.

West has a June 30 deadline in his contract to notify the Hornets whether he will invoke next season's $7.5 million salary or opt for free agency, but sources say that the Hornets are already bracing for West to make his opt-out decision official before Thursday's buzzer.

The Hornets have anticipated all along that West would become a free agent, even though the former All-Star was forced to undergo surgery in April to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee suffered March 24. The reason: West still figures to be one of the two or three most coveted players on the open market in spite of the injury after years of consistent production and averages of 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 70 games last season.

The Hornets, sources said, would still love to sign West to an extension before Thursday's deadline. But it's believed that West -- even in a financial landscape forecasted to be more restrictive starting next season and even factoring in his injury -- will eventually earn more in free agency than he could in an extension that would have to be calculated with next season's $7.5 million salary as a starting point.

Free agency will be delayed if the NBA, as expected, imposes a lockout July 1. But sources say only an unforeseen rehabilitation setback in the next 72 hours would change West's plans.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported on Friday that West has been rehabbing twice daily and started on that schedule even before New York orthopedist Dr. David Altchek reconstructed the torn ligament. Altchek re-examined West's knee in New York two weeks ago and proclaimed him ahead of schedule in a rehabilitation period that initially was expected to last six to eight months.

West told the newspaper in a story published Friday: "I just want to make sure that whatever it is I do, I want to make sure it's the best thought-out decision. I'm not 100 percent clear yet. What I will say is I feel good. I feel confident in my rehab and my knee. And I'll keep looking at it. I'm not worried about my knee.

"Whatever decision it is, and to me it's probably a bigger deal to other people than it is to me, it's just something I'm waiting to do," West continued. "I wanted to finish this week in particularly because this is a good point in my rehab. After this rehab (session Friday), I'll have a good long conversation with my agent (Octagon's Lance Young) and go from there."

Hornets general manager Dell Demps told the Times-Picayune last week: "Whether he opts in or opts out, our goal is to keep David West here. We said it from Day 1: We want David West to retire a Hornet. He's been great to us on and off the court. We're hoping his recovery continues on pace as it is right now. He's right on schedule to come back next year and play.

"We're hoping for a speedy recovery. Our goal is to keep him. There's room for both (West and free-agent power forward Carl Landry). Our goal is to keep that core together. We're not changing off that plan."

Link

laugh.gif
).
Forgot
laugh.gif
It does kinda suck that they're all forwards. Only if Beasely could competently play the 2.

laugh.gif
Just like we should've kept  Corey Brewer.
Originally Posted by JPZx

I just mean odd man out as in I honestly don't think there'll be enough pt for any rotation of Randolph-Love-Beasely-Williams. I'd think you guys would play D-Will a decent amount next season.

I'm not saying make some panic trade just to get rid of the logjam but I guess I could phrase the question as who you wouldn't mind leaving while getting something in return?/who you want to stay? or is it just lets see who Rubio has the best chemistry with?

laugh.gif
).
Forgot
laugh.gif
It does kinda suck that they're all forwards. Only if Beasely could competently play the 2.

laugh.gif
Just like we should've kept  Corey Brewer.
Originally Posted by JPZx

I just mean odd man out as in I honestly don't think there'll be enough pt for any rotation of Randolph-Love-Beasely-Williams. I'd think you guys would play D-Will a decent amount next season.

I'm not saying make some panic trade just to get rid of the logjam but I guess I could phrase the question as who you wouldn't mind leaving while getting something in return?/who you want to stay? or is it just lets see who Rubio has the best chemistry with?

[h1]Flynn's Hip Injury Nets Rockets An Additional Pick In Draft Day Trade With Timberwolves[/h1]To keep the deal from falling apart, Minnesota sent a 2012 second-round pick to the Rockets, league sources said. The issues wouldn’t have kept Flynn off the court, but did raise some concerns for the long-term. Whether Minnesota had been forthcoming with the information prior to the trade is unclear.

I would have asked for the first round pick back if I were the Rockets.
grin.gif

[h1]Flynn's Hip Injury Nets Rockets An Additional Pick In Draft Day Trade With Timberwolves[/h1]To keep the deal from falling apart, Minnesota sent a 2012 second-round pick to the Rockets, league sources said. The issues wouldn’t have kept Flynn off the court, but did raise some concerns for the long-term. Whether Minnesota had been forthcoming with the information prior to the trade is unclear.

I would have asked for the first round pick back if I were the Rockets.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom