Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

I wonder if the NBA players association purchased lockout insurance like Smith did for the NFL? I think ensuring that the rank and file players receive some sort of money throughout the lockout is critical to any hopes the player's have of winning this thing.

I wonder if the NBA players association purchased lockout insurance like Smith did for the NFL? I think ensuring that the rank and file players receive some sort of money throughout the lockout is critical to any hopes the player's have of winning this thing.

The owners owe the players $188 million, which will help the players but also prolong the lockout.
eyes.gif

I'm sure agents-players took measures into their own hands like this:
Al Farouq Aminu, a rookie last season, is one of four clients of agent Raymond Brothers who spread their 2010-11 NBA salaries over 18 or 24 months to continue receiving paychecks if the league-imposed lockout forces the cancellation of games.

Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph, Dallas Mavericks forward Caron Butler and Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon, all Brothers clients, have similar setups.

If games in 2011-12 are lost, "They will not know financially that they're in a lockout," Brothers said. "If there is a lockout, you'll able to pay your bills. And you're already used to a certain way of living because your paychecks will be consistent."

Players normally receive bi-weekly paychecks from Nov. 15 to May 1, although some opt for a November to November schedule. But Aminu will receive payments from last season until Nov. 1, 2012. Randolph will be paid through May 1, 2012.
Link

The owners owe the players $188 million, which will help the players but also prolong the lockout.
eyes.gif

Al Farouq Aminu, a rookie last season, is one of four clients of agent Raymond Brothers who spread their 2010-11 NBA salaries over 18 or 24 months to continue receiving paychecks if the league-imposed lockout forces the cancellation of games.

Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph, Dallas Mavericks forward Caron Butler and Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon, all Brothers clients, have similar setups.

If games in 2011-12 are lost, "They will not know financially that they're in a lockout," Brothers said. "If there is a lockout, you'll able to pay your bills. And you're already used to a certain way of living because your paychecks will be consistent."

Players normally receive bi-weekly paychecks from Nov. 15 to May 1, although some opt for a November to November schedule. But Aminu will receive payments from last season until Nov. 1, 2012. Randolph will be paid through May 1, 2012.
Link

Originally Posted by PMatic

eyes.gif

Link

I should've mentioned that. I learned that from my friends dad. Similar situation with the refs. They have the chance to get paid the majority of their salary at one time or get paid throughout the span of a certain time period (like alot of players). They will get paid regardless of the lockout or not.

That's why I know many of the players don't really care if they miss a season. 

eyes.gif

Link

I should've mentioned that. I learned that from my friends dad. Similar situation with the refs. They have the chance to get paid the majority of their salary at one time or get paid throughout the span of a certain time period (like alot of players). They will get paid regardless of the lockout or not.

That's why I know many of the players don't really care if they miss a season. 

Excellent info PMatic. I've been thinking about the whole playing overseas thing and star players alone won't be enough to make the owners want to bargain. It will have to be a mix of players because the players don't want to have a repeat of the last lockout where the rank and file players folded once the checks stopped coming in. I think the superstars should voluntarily contribute a portion of the monies they make in these exhibition games or playing with these international clubs to the general NBAPA fund to support their fellow players.

Excellent info PMatic. I've been thinking about the whole playing overseas thing and star players alone won't be enough to make the owners want to bargain. It will have to be a mix of players because the players don't want to have a repeat of the last lockout where the rank and file players folded once the checks stopped coming in. I think the superstars should voluntarily contribute a portion of the monies they make in these exhibition games or playing with these international clubs to the general NBAPA fund to support their fellow players.

eyes.gif

Link

No Kenny Anderson in his camp.

eyes.gif

Link

No Kenny Anderson in his camp.

Originally Posted by rjayrolln

p matic is that dude
pimp.gif

Celtics’ roster could get new look

Rajon Rondo expects the Boston Celtics to make another run at an NBA title next season, provided there is a season. What he doesn’t know is who will join him, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen in helping make that run.

“We got five people under contract, right? But I think we got five good people under contract, through,

Originally Posted by rjayrolln

p matic is that dude
pimp.gif

Celtics’ roster could get new look

Rajon Rondo expects the Boston Celtics to make another run at an NBA title next season, provided there is a season. What he doesn’t know is who will join him, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen in helping make that run.

“We got five people under contract, right? But I think we got five good people under contract, through,

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

France 106
Canada 44

LINK
[table][tr][td]FRANCE[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]NICOLAS BATUM[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]ANTOINE DIOT[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]ANDREW ALBICY[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]TONY PARKER[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]ALI TRAORE[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]FLORENT PIETRUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]NANDO DE COLO[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]BORIS DIAW[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]RONNY TURIAF[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]MICKAEL GELABALE[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]ABDOULAYE M'BAYE[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]KEVIN SERAPHIN[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]CANADA[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]JERMAINE ANDERSON[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]KELLY OLYNYK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]MURPHY BURNATOWSKI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]JAMIE VANDERBEKEN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]BRADY HESLIP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]DENHAM BROWN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]ANDY RAUTINS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]AARON DOORNEKAMP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]JESSE YOUNG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]JEVOHN SHEPHERD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]LEVON KENDALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]JEFF FERGUSON[/td][/tr][/table]
5e50a699f28b7e6f769fd2e4d3d393cc-getty-_.jpg

216896cefff64a9c7a3b85de9e9a844e-getty-_.jpg

6a1e43ece702cb72f1eeb843396d478d-getty-_.jpg

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

France 106
Canada 44

LINK
[table][tr][td]FRANCE[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]NICOLAS BATUM[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]ANTOINE DIOT[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]ANDREW ALBICY[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]TONY PARKER[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]ALI TRAORE[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]FLORENT PIETRUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]NANDO DE COLO[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]BORIS DIAW[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]RONNY TURIAF[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]MICKAEL GELABALE[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]ABDOULAYE M'BAYE[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]KEVIN SERAPHIN[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]CANADA[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]JERMAINE ANDERSON[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]KELLY OLYNYK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]MURPHY BURNATOWSKI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]JAMIE VANDERBEKEN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]BRADY HESLIP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]DENHAM BROWN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]ANDY RAUTINS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]AARON DOORNEKAMP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]JESSE YOUNG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]JEVOHN SHEPHERD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]LEVON KENDALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]JEFF FERGUSON[/td][/tr][/table]
5e50a699f28b7e6f769fd2e4d3d393cc-getty-_.jpg

216896cefff64a9c7a3b85de9e9a844e-getty-_.jpg

6a1e43ece702cb72f1eeb843396d478d-getty-_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom