Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by franchise3

*fist bumps* as our respective teams seem to be blowing it all up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I mean, this was always the only alternative for the Mavs that made any sense to me. If it wasn't Deron, it was blow up time. 
My man is pounding his chest that he predicted Deron would sign with the Nets.
laugh.gif
 Man I'm glad that limb didn't crack underneath you.

Exactly. It's not that all of us supported going out and getting Deron, I didn't personally, but it was what the Mavs brass were trying to do. It failed. We move on. Looks like it's time to blow the whole thing up. Maybe try and screw around one more year and get CP3/Dwight, but I ain't even going to hold my breath.

No Mavs fan should care that they are letting Kidd walk for 9 million dollars, hell no!
laugh.gif

The only person I'm upset we lost out on is Jason Terry. But I saw it coming a mile away, as should have most Mavs fans.

Well damn. 
laugh.gif

Tough offseason for the Mavs to say the least.

[h3]Kobe Would Welcome Howard But Won't Actively Recruit[/h3]
Jul 05, 2012 3:35 PM EDT

lal_40.gif

Kobe Bryant will not call Dwight Howard to invite him to the Lakers, but sources say that he would welcome him as a teammate.

When Bryant and Howard spoke several months ago, the two disagreed on the newcomer's offensive role and sources say the call ended uneasily and they haven't been in meaningful conversation since.

Howard has long coveted playing with a point guard of Steve Nash's abilities.

"I think with Nash in the house now, they wouldn’t need an assurance up front," one league executive tied closely to the Howard trade talks told Yahoo! Sports. "They know that Dwight can be impressionable and craves Hollywood. I think they would take that chance."

Terry was never coming back. The Mavs didn't want him back.

I'm not going to get upset about losing Kidd on a contract that would have kept him on the payroll past 41. LMAO No, thank you.

The only question left to answer now is... What is the trade market for Dirk like?

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Seriously on the trade market for Dirk comment?!
At this point, do they have any choice? There's zero chance of building any kind of contender around him. They owe it to him to let him go somewhere he can compete. That's not happening here and it would be an injustice to burn another year off his career waiting and hoping for another FA Superstar run.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Seriously on the trade market for Dirk comment?!
At this point, do they have any choice? There's zero chance of building any kind of contender around him. They owe it to him to let him go somewhere he can compete. That's not happening here and it would be an injustice to burn another year off his career waiting and hoping for another FA Superstar run.
Was just talking with SoHi about this.

The only thing is I don't know if Dallas and Dirk can say that goodbye. Dirk is in the twilight of his career. Let him play out the next two years and see what he wants to do from there. We'll see.

Well, from MY stand point (will get the little debate started) nothing will take away from Kidd's run with the Nets. But would I stand for him like I did every other time he came with Dallas...... HELL NO.

Tarnishes a little bit of what he did in Jersey. Even at 38 coming there. (If he wins the Knicks a chip I swear to god.)  EDIT -
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Alan Hahn on twitter discussing possible sign and trades with Dallas with one being Jerome Jordan and Dan Gadzuric to Dallas for Kidd.  

You dudes legit wouldn't even answer "what if Deron and Dwight both don't come" when a few of us were asking. I said the Mavs were gonna end up just like the Suns with an aging star and a patched together roster of crap. And all you Mavs fans were livid at anyone comparing the great Mark Cuban to a Robert Sarver owned franchise.

Now the Mavs are going to offer one year deals to guys for the summer of Dwight and Paul.

I would probably move and get Ramon Sessions (Yes) to a one year and at least with Dirk and even Marion, they could still be a fringe playoff team.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

You dudes legit wouldn't even answer "what if Deron and Dwight both don't come" when a few of us were asking. I said the Mavs were gonna end up just like the Suns with an aging star and a patched together roster of crap. And all you Mavs fans were livid at anyone comparing the great Mark Cuban to a Robert Sarver owned franchise.
Let me ask you.

Why do you care so goddamn much?

You're so damn salty dude, you're way saltier than any of us have been.

Other than SneakerPro, all of us have been embracing the fact that we realized what Dallas was doing. The goal was to get Deron Williams into Dallas. That was evident to everyone. The front-office failed to make that splash. So what?
laugh.gif

You're acting like we're the Lakers/Knicks fans that can be as cocky as can be.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

And with Kidd going to the Knicks, seems like Lin won't be matched.
Quite the opposite. I think it's even more likely Knicks keep Lin. Kidd is more serviceable now as a backup and mentor to Lin and can direct the offense when playing. Give me Kidd's corpse rather than fat boy Felton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom