Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Wish Akognon had stayed at WSU all of college. That guy gave top Pac-10 teams nightmares as a sophomore. If he'd stayed with WSU, I think that team could have been really, really scary in '07 and '08. Glad to see he's getting a shot in the league.

What?
What do you mean what? Dude's name was mentioned in this thread. I merely made a comment about him.

I understand J.Kidd serving as a mentor. But at $9mil/year? That's a pricey tutor.

Originally Posted by solarius49

So...the Pacers havent done anything..........ANYTHING. They're about to let Hibbert walk. Larry Bird is gone. They drafted Miles Plumlee...

THIS %%%% IS HORRIBLE

I mean, Roy Hibbert....Roy Hibbert...is getting a max contract
laugh.gif

You can't even be mad at that, so many average to above average players are getting ridiculous contracts this off season.

Who else could they possibly target up front?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by solarius49

So...the Pacers havent done anything..........ANYTHING. They're about to let Hibbert walk. Larry Bird is gone. They drafted Miles Plumlee...

THIS %%%% IS HORRIBLE

I mean, Roy Hibbert....Roy Hibbert...is getting a max contract
laugh.gif

You can't even be mad at that, so many average to above average players are getting ridiculous contracts this off season.

Who else could they possibly target up front?
Oh trust me, I'm not mad about them letting him walk.  A Danny Granger trade needs to be in the works to bring in a quality big man, and an effort needs to be made to sign a FA shooting guard
edit:  I just remembered they are looking at Chris Kaman, who I like alot...but Granger still needs to go, not because I dont like him as a player, but because Paul George is their future, and is currently playing out of position

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Originally Posted by NooEra

Boston is a racist city yet the Celtics were the first team to start five black players , though.

Take it from someone with firsthand experience; Boston is no longer a racist city moreso than anywhere else. Ive never experienced it like that. Come play hard and people don't give a %+@+ what color your skin is. Racism is everywhere and in everyone fam. Not in Boston more than anywhere else.

There goes that lack of sports knowledge so rampant on NT showing again. Boston has no Chance at winning? Then neither does anyone else because clearly they're the only ones who can give Miami a run for their money.
$100(or more if you want) that the Cetlics don't win it all next year.
Screen capped and saved

100 beans it is. Don't get banned in the meantime
laugh.gif

And if Ray is really leaving for Miami then $%$% em. Hope ol boy misses every three he takes.

frown.gif
I want in on this.

$1000 though.

Oh and your city is definitely very racist. Maybe you're sticking to your own kind. Aint that big of a deal though. Racists gonna racist.
Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Knicks might be taking fatboy Felton. This offseason was a success if that happens. 
pimp.gif
not if he gets you toney douglas. 
laugh.gif
Wouldn't think twice. I'd pay Landry Fields $30 million dollars to get rid of Raymond "Cream Cheese" Felton.

Enjoy!
Man you don't know what you're in for. Too bad it looks like it aint happening.

In other news,
Peter Vecsey: This just in: Mark Cuban amnestied himself

I just saw a rumor that the Pacers are the frontrunner for OJ Mayo...I hope thats true. I wonder if they can swing a sign and trade of Mayo for Granger, or if they would have to sign him straight up? Also I would love K-Mart backing up David West...that would be the oldest PF duo ever lol

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Now the Mavs are going to offer one year deals to guys for the summer of Dwight and Paul.

I would probably move and get Ramon Sessions (Yes) to a one year and at least with Dirk and even Marion, they could still be a fringe playoff team.
What if the Nets land Dwight in a deal though? What then? Chris aint gonna leave the Clips to the Mavs if that happens
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

NY will match; would be dumb not to, he pays for hImself
Yeah, I mean his contract doesn't even count towards the cap due to the early bird rights win. Dolan will pay that easily. That back loaded 15 mil in the last year talk was more crazy.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Dolan won't let Lin walk, too much of a draw financially....exactly what he wants.
You keep bringing that up.. and while Lin is a huge draw for the Knicks and Dolan, there isn't exactly tons of options for the Knicks at PG. Over the cap, not willing to trade Shumpert (I'm glad about that), no pieces to trade, or quality guys that the team can afford, what else is there to do? Re-sign the best available option we have, who just happens to be very marketable for the team.

Everybody says NYK would match, so according to Woj's last tweet, I guess there was a point to this after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom