Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: This is a a classic debate.

I really dont see how somebody can say Chris Paul is NOT the best PG in the league. After him its kinda hard to rank 'em but Chris runs a team better than any other PG in the league.

To each his own, but I'm taking Rondo as my 1st choice to run my team

hmm... did you start watching basketball the same day you joined NT?
you look at that nets team.... just look......for the love of god look at that nets team

Also Petro & Shelden Williams have NO hands AT ALL.
Do you know how many passes these two let go by? :x:smh:

Do you guys realize the Clippers were a 32-win team without Chris Paul, and with them they were a 50-win team? (when their win % is averaged out into an 82-game season).

Deron Williams nearly didn't even will his team to the 20-win mark this season.

Do you guys realize the Clippers were a 32-win team without Chris Paul, and with them they were a 50-win team? (when their win % is averaged out into an 82-game season).

you realize on any given night D-Wills starting line up was

Morrow
Brooks
Humps
Candace Parker

considering defense isnt Melos strong suit Lebron will do just fine...

it isn't his strong suit but Melo is strong enough (and stronger than Durant and Pierce) to semi-handle him in the post and he has the offensive production to say toe to toe with him.

Are you serious right now?

Look at the Nets roster from last season.

considering defense isnt Melos strong suit Lebron will do just fine...
1279617800_Carmelo-Anthony-lying-on-the-floor.gif

Yeah I gotta say the Nets lineup last year was very weak. Put Paul on that team and he's not winning many more than 20 if he even gets there.

:rofl:

The hell outta here lol

Last few pages have been disgusting to read through again. Please give me back the Dwightmare or more garbage Lin contract arguing.

And people have the nerve to call me a troll :lol:

Some of you guys are ridiculous

:evil:
Melo is better than Durant and if he was in Durant's position in the Finals, he wouldn't have disappeared imo
:nerd:

Melo barely won 1 game vs Lebron in the playoffs, he has never even made it to the finals, and your telling me he would all of a sudden show up in the finals vs the Heat?....You gottah be kidding me.

we all agree that russ is top 3?

i swear im seeing a lot of old names since the switch (masterzik). everyone out of band camp? lol

hmm... did you start watching basketball the same day you joined NT?
you look at that nets team.... just look......for the love of god look at that nets team
ive been watching basketball for a while lol , im just saying i don't feel he should be considered the best at his position if he cant get his team to the playoff's

When kobe was considered the best sg in the league he took smush and kwame to the playoffs

Dwight took mediocre team all the way to the finals when he was the best at his position

kg's wolves werent exactly great either yet they made the playoffs when the western conference was crazy , troy freakin hudson was probably the 2nd-3rd best player on that team.

even Carmelo's never missed a playoff in his career and his rookie squad was trash , yet he led them to a playoff spot 

Deron is a very good point guard and most teams would be lucky to have him but i honestly don't feel he's the best point guard the league has to offer. i actually like his game too , good shooter with underrated handles and a good facilitator.

:lol: This is a a classic debate.

I really dont see how somebody can say Chris Paul is NOT the best PG in the league. After him its kinda hard to rank 'em but Chris runs a team better than any other PG in the league.
runs them to where though? First rd exits? Only been out the first rd twice in his career

You need players to win in the playoffs. The best player he's played with is Blake.

CP3
DWill/Rondo 
Rose/Westbrook/Nash/Parker

However, I think Deron Williams is about to have a monster year and "the debate" will have merit again

EDIT: The stats posted have merit but there is a lot more to PG play than scoring and shooting. A lot more. Yes Rondo is a terrible shooter but what about  defense, passing, hustle, rebounding, low turnovers, ability to control the tempo, able to play at different paces, durability, etc.?

This is the most sensible post I have seen in this Rondo debate. Co-sign 100%

But not to steer off track, but We can all agree Derrick Rose was the 2nd best Point Guard in the world during his MVP campaign in 2010-2011 right?

For me cp3 is the best PG in the league. Just look at how he played during the playoffs, i didnt think they were better than Memphis and thought that they would be bounced out in the 1st round but Cp3 was the big difference for the clips to win that series. Lineup was that team was not that good to start with, Blake was the only other productive guy in that team, yet they won.

This season will be huge for the Clippers and I think they will improve greatly from last year with experience and addl players in Crawford, Hill, Odom and Billups. Will rank in the top 3-4 in the West.

For me cp3 is the best PG in the league. Just look at how he played during the playoffs, i didnt think they were better than Memphis and thought that they would be bounced out in the 1st round but Cp3 was the big difference for the clips to win that series. Lineup was that team was not that good to start with, Blake was the only other productive guy in that team, yet they won.
This season will be huge for the Clippers and I think they will improve greatly from last year with experience and addl players in Crawford, Hill, Odom and Billups. Will rank in the top 3-4 in the West.

honestly i feel like memphis lost that series, they had chances to win / finish games and didnt do it or couldnt put it together.....

crawford had a **** season last year and odom was well odom.

lets see what happens.

ive been watching basketball for a while lol , im just saying i don't feel he should be considered the best at his position if he cant get his team to the playoff's
When kobe was considered the best sg in the league he took smush and kwame to the playoffs

Dwight took mediocre team all the way to the finals when he was the best at his position

kg's wolves werent exactly great either yet they made the playoffs when the western conference was crazy , troy freakin hudson was probably the 2nd-3rd best player on that team.

even Carmelo's never missed a playoff in his career and his rookie squad was trash , yet he led them to a playoff spot 

Deron is a very good point guard and most teams would be lucky to have him but i honestly don't feel he's the best point guard the league has to offer. i actually like his game too , good shooter with underrated handles and a good facilitator.

Steve Nash's old *** took a team whose second leading scorer was Jared Dudley to a .500 record.

That's what GREAT players and GREAT Pg's do.

***** here with that "look at the Nets roster" crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom