Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm more excited about the slander that's going to happen if the Lakers lose in the playoffs or about the actual season coming up.

Bang Bang

Now I just need to get some tix for Feb. 10th next season

You do realize that the Sixers led the Atlantic and were the #3 seed in the East for almost the entire year until they had an awful run of games toward the end of the season, right? And you know what led to their downfall? Not having outside shooting or a legit post threat. They added Bynum, J-Rich, Nick Young, Dorrell Wright, Arnett Moultrie and Kwame. And they just traded away Iggy because Turner does the exact same things as him and is actually a better offensive player and is younger. They just added a player that nobody in the East can guard and only lost one player that was in the playoff rotation this past season doing it.
I'm saying, these dudes don't even know :lol: Our defense was top 3 with no shot blocking, having bynum is gonna make both sides of the ball better. We can get stops and just feed drew, on top of that ET gonna have a redic year.

Heat
Celtics
Nets
Pacers
Sixers
Knicks
Wiz
Cavs/Bucks
That's your east playoff bracket

If you're gonna put a team other than the Heat ahead of the Sixers put the Knicks or Pacers atleast. The Nets are NOT a better team than the Sixers right now. I still have my doubts about the Melo-Amare combo, Melo and Chandler are probably going to be exhausted from the Olympics and the Knicks point guard situation still isn't the best. We'll see how the Pacers come back this season after getting the life sucked out of them in that Heat series. If they're better than the Sixers then it's very marginal.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

40 year old nash.

koME jellyBRICK CRYant

Been on the decline MWP

Gasoft

Dwight "Back snap" Howard.

Gonna be funny when this team gets knock out in the 2nd round. AGAIN!

u mad?

I swear the way some ppl sound...he need to leave the bath salts alone

I repeat. Prime Kobe is better scorer/ deadlier clutch performer than MJ.
FG%, assists etc are all misleading stats. I have explained that here with stans like xtapo, deuce king, etc.
Unlike Jordan. Kobe didn't have the luxury of being on the better team in all of his championship Finals and playoff appearances.
Mj best rival at his position was Clyde Drexler and Mitch Richmond lol. It was weak competition.
MJ toughest opponent in the Finals was the Jazz. LOL. The Jazz !. lol 08 and 10 Celtics would have beaten the Jazz in less than 6 games. Hell, even the 12 Thunder would have beaten the Jazz. No wonder MJ was 6 for 6.
MJ's simple leaner over unathletic Craig Ehlo and push off shot on Russell were his greatest shots lol. Not impress at all.
Kobe's shots were much harder to make and more impressive than MJ

I don't even...You should be banned...

Still don't have the Lakers winning it all.

However, I do have them winning the West. Kobe, Gasol, Nash, and Dwight on the offensive end are the best team on that side of the ball on the west coast, especially if Kobe fits in seamlessly (big if imo) into their new additions.

Most importantly however, is the fact that they have gotten much better defensively. Kobe and Metta, albeit overrated on the defensive side of the ball, still can defend and now they have Dwight and Pau on the backline to cover up for any lapses defensively via Kobe, Metta, Steve Nash, etc.

Offensively potent, defensive beast, yeah they are the best team out west imo. (On paper at least)

I still have the Miami Heat winning it all though due to simply...Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Lebron James.

Magic front office are the only losers....why would they trade this guy to the Lakers and get nothing in return when they coulda traded him anywhere else and got more?

maan, I love Kobe & my Lakers but

Jordan > Kobe, period.

Kobe may not even be the greatest Laker of all-time, he's certainly my favorite.

Last edited:
What I wouldn't give to see Melo, CP3 and Bron on the same team. Watching USA vs. Argentina right now :pimp: and just wow.
Oh I forgot that but I've seen Meeks play spot minutes @ the 1 for Philly.

I'm a Sixers fan and I can tell you that Meeks never played one single minute at point guard in the NBA. Jrue, Lou, Iggy and Turner brought up the ball every time.

What I wouldn't give to see Melo, CP3 and Bron on the same team. Watching USA vs. Argentina right now :pimp: and just wow.
Oh I forgot that but I've seen Meeks play spot minutes @ the 1 for Philly.

I haven't seen much of Meeks.. I know dude shoots the 3 well.. Knew he was a tweener but not to the extent..

Since Duhon & Blake are backup PG :x . I assume he plays fully SG.. Defensively is he better on a PG or SG?

Last edited:
i dont understand how people dont think Lakers will win it all.

i think they are gonna do it easily, name a team that will shut down BOTH Pau and Howard? and do it for 7 straight games effectively :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom