Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot the Lakers have Jamison and they just picked up Meeks too
mean.gif
bench is gonna be potent

A league source told the Daily News that a stumbling block in negotiations was lingering animosity stemming from the Magic’s belief the Nets illegally contacted Howard in December without Orlando’s permission. The Nets denied they had met with Howard, and charges were never filed with the league. New York Daily News

Kobe has the luxury in his career to play with Point guards Gary payton, nick van exel, steve nash and derek fisher
wing players such as glen rice, ron harper, robert horry, ron artest
pf such as pau gasol, karl malone horace grant
centers in shaq, bynum, d12
thats crazy
u forget to mention he also play with some 'great' players like kwame brown, adam morrison, luke walton,

In my eyes, the only thing stopping the Lakers from reaching or winning the finals is the health of Dwight Howard. Just saw a recent photo of him and he looks like he lost a bunch of weight which means he hasn't been working on his game either. I hope he's healthy and ready to go, I'd love to see the Heat vs Lakers in the finals.

IMO the biggest improvement with this L.A team is going to be..

1) Easy shots for everyone
2) Transition offense should be amazing
4) Outside shooting with the addition of meeks & Jaminson
3) Actual talent off the bench

With Nash at the point you have a guy who isnt really worried about getting his own shot and thrives off getting other people there points, Dwight isnt a guy who demands the ball in the post as opposed to Bynum who would get frustrated when not fed constantly, Pau another highly unselfish player who many consider the best Passing big in the L.

Dudes forget that you dont have to be supremely athletic to play well on the break. Look at last years suns... Nash, Brown, Dudley, Frye, Gortat... none of those dudes besides shannon would be considered even remotely athleic and yet they had one of the better transition games in the League.... Now you exchange that with kobe, DWIGHT, and pau running you have supremely inferior scorers and athletes.

Nash is going to pick dudes apart on that pick and roll with either Pau or D12 and even if the shot is missed you have two of the best rebounders in the L down there.

The bench with Hill, Jaminson, Meeks, & what i think will be a much improved Ebanks or Clark will be 10x more potent than before. A lineup of Nash, Meeks, Ebanks, Jaminson, Hill... Would give our guys a great chance to rest while still proving efficient due to Nash playmaking ability.

In my eyes, the only thing stopping the Lakers from reaching or winning the finals is the health of Dwight Howard. Just saw a recent photo of him and he looks like he lost a bunch of weight which means he hasn't been working on his game either. I hope he's healthy and ready to go, I'd love to see the Heat vs Lakers in the finals.

that with Nash age

mike brown

Bean ball stoppin

the offense overall

mike brown

They are the favorites in the west, but lets see if it comes together.

I see how a lot of NBA fans in this thread are saying "Man it suck for us small market team fans"
Honestly though both the NBA Owners and Superstar players are at fault on why this keeps happening and will continue to happen.
The NBA Player's association in the last NBA lockout fought HARD as hell to make sure they still had an option to go to the big market team in LA,NYC, Miami, Chicago. And they made sure no HARD Salary cap was put in.
I mean can you blame the NBA players though when you just got Grimey & Shady NBA Owners like Dan Gilbet & Donald T. Sterling and Robert Sarver?
The point I'm getting at is that even if you are in small market like San Antonio or OKC. It's been proven that well & properly managed teams can compete at a championship level and win rings.
Another team that's in a small market that isn't on a championship contending level yet but are literally 2 or 3 moves away are the Grizzlies.
For a few yrs and that's with draftin Kevin Durant, Jeff Green (eventually flipped for Kendrick Perkins), Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, James Harden, and trading for Maynor consecutively and all of those moves basically hitting. So you have to be damn near perfect, then get cheap role players who play above their value. Once those rookie contracts expire, as you see now, gotta break them up or go way into the tax threshold.

tramericanjr: Nick & Derek would like to personally thank you for putting them in the same company as GP & Nash. :lol:

[quote name="GuttaGetsBusy"]The **** we gonna do with Chris Duhon though? :x[/quote]Trade him to the Celtics for Jason Terry. :smokin

The Rich always Get Richier in the NBA :x :smh:

Don't you just love how mega stars can whine themselves off of a team and onto a super team? That's the NBA for ya.

Only major sport going right now where you already know the Championship game matchup just from the offseason and before the season.

Lakers vs. Heat. No stopping it.

I wouldn't go ahead and say that is going to be the matchup. But in reality there are only about 5 teams in a given year that have a shot at making it to the Finals. It is getting quite pathetic really. Basketball is starting to go the way of baseball for me, just a sport I only casually follow cause of the way things are managed.

The entire Orlando front office should be fired. That was by far the best deal they were offered that they accepted, and they gave in and sent Dwight to a team he wanted to go to. If they had any gall they would have sent his *** to Houston for him to rot for a year while they acquire assets to start rebuilding. Instead they got a bunch of future late first round draft picks that aren't even going to be available for several years.

The Rich always Get Richier in the NBA :x :smh:

Don't you just love how mega stars can whine themselves off of a team and onto a super team? That's the NBA for ya.

Only major sport going right now where you already know the Championship game matchup just from the offseason and before the season.

You don't know that at all.. the Heat coming out of the East is pretty much a foregone conclusion for the next few years, but don't the Lakers still have to get past the defending Western Conference champs?

That's what makes the nba unwatchable imo :smh: I use to be a big fan too

:rofl: That's a good one. Man, if Kobe dunks on Durant, maybe in a few years he'll be a Laker too.

Also :rofl: at this:

u forget to mention he also play with some 'great' players like kwame brown, adam morrison, luke walton,

Wow, poor Kobe, throughout his 14+ career he had maybe TWO years where he had to actually play with lesser talent.:smh: And the "great" Kwame Brown got you some dude named Pau Gasol:rolleyes Not sure what other team could flip their worst player for another team's best.

I swear you Kobe/Laker fans are something else. Y'all stay getting mad when people say Kobe has had a blessed career playing with hella good players as if it isn't the truth.

Kobe has the luxury in his career to play with Point guards Gary payton, nick van exel, steve nash and derek fisher
wing players such as glen rice, ron harper, robert horry, ron artest
pf such as pau gasol, karl malone horace grant
centers in shaq, bynum, d12
thats crazy

Looking at this list is crazy! You forgot to mention Eddie Jones who was also a All Star and not by no lame fan selection either.

tramericanjr: Nick & Derek would like to personally thank you for putting them in the same company as GP & Nash.

Let's be real Ska. Nick definitely wasn't as great as those two but let's not act as if he wasn't an all star PG at one point and it wasn't by fan selection either. Derek Fisher was definitely never as good/great a player as the other 3 he mentioned but let's not act like he isn't going to go down as one of the best role players ever. Him and Horry has probably hit the most clutch/timely shots as role players.

All I'm getting at is Kobe/Laker fans seriously need to stop getting mad when people point out how blessed Kobe has been as if we're somehow making the list up. He's basically has had a "BIG 4" in THREE different eras!

The Rich always Get Richier in the NBA
sick.gif
mean.gif

You don't know that at all.. the Heat coming out of the East is pretty much a foregone conclusion for the next few years, but don't the Lakers still have to get past the defending Western Conference champs?
russ=nash

kobe>sefolosha

metta<durant

pau>perkins

dwight>ibaka

and their benches are equal in terms of productivity

how would the thunder win?

I didn't hear anyone complain when the Bulls were in the Finals damn near every year in the 90's

The Lakers Hate is strong :lol:

That's what makes the nba unwatchable imo :smh: I use to be a big fan too

I watch it, but like I've said a million times, the NBA leaves a ton to be desired. I was listening to Rob Dibble's radio show last night and a caller said he was a Bucks fan and he pretty much has a better chance at winning the Power Ball 5 times in a row than the Bucks winning the Championship. :lol: Damn near true. Me being a T-Wolve guy, I'll watch and I like what they're doing, but their cap will probably always be limited with the way the NBA is right now. I don't care what CP or others who have argued against me about this in the past say...The NBA is heavily skewed in the favor of only a few franchises. You either have the market and can build the super teams or you get crazy lucky in drafting stars like OKC did.

So interchange the Lakers with Thunder. It's one of the two. Still...Where's the intrigue?

So you're saying that Thunder/Heat, with the #1 & #2 players in the world going head to head, isn't an intriguing matchup?

The ratings say otherwise.

Last edited:
Report: Rob Hennigan Was Not Highly Regarded By Spurs
Aug 10, 2012 10:13 PM EDT

Rob Hennigan spent four years with the Spurs, beginning as an intern and working his way up to become the team's director of basketball operations.

Hennigan left the Spurs to join Sam Presti in Oklahoma City, where he spent two seasons as the Thunder’s assistant general manager/player personnel.

"Hennigan didn’t have the same stature in San Antonio," writes Buck Harvey. "When he left to join Presti, the Spurs thought he probably needed to get out and try something else."

Presti's top assistant was Troy Weaver, who reportedly didn't interview as well with the Magic as Hennigan.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z23FgX7F2A

The slander...:nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom