Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in reality there are only about 5 teams in a given year that have a shot at making it to the Finals.

It's been that way the past 30 years or so. There's only been 7 different winners in the past 25-30 years of the NBA. You could probably name them off from memory:

Lakers
Bulls
Spurs
Celtics
Rockets
Heat
....Pistons?

I didn't hear anyone complain when the Bulls were in the Finals damn near every year in the 90's
The Lakers Hate is strong :lol:

MJ wasnt getting gifted the best players every few years

And lakers fans werent the annoying ***** they are now during the 90s

Last edited:
That's what makes the nba unwatchable imo :smh: I use to be a big fan too

x2

used to follow the NBA obsessively

damn shame what the NBA has turned into
Oh word? You followed it obsessively when the Lakers or Spurs were in the finals almost every year in the last decade?

or did you follo obsessively in the 90s when the Bulls were in the finals 6 times in 8 years?

Last edited:
Report: Rob Hennigan Was Not Highly Regarded By Spurs
Aug 10, 2012 10:13 PM EDT
Rob Hennigan spent four years with the Spurs, beginning as an intern and working his way up to become the team's director of basketball operations.
Hennigan left the Spurs to join Sam Presti in Oklahoma City, where he spent two seasons as the Thunder’s assistant general manager/player personnel.
"Hennigan didn’t have the same stature in San Antonio," writes Buck Harvey. "When he left to join Presti, the Spurs thought he probably needed to get out and try something else."
Presti's top assistant was Troy Weaver, who reportedly didn't interview as well with the Magic as Hennigan.
Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z23FgX7F2A
The slander...:nerd:

its not slander, look at the trade he just pulled? i wouldnt associate myself with the dude either :lol:

Except there are reports that the owner/ceo were involved in this deal, so it's tough to give him all the blame.

I remember reading some stat that said

"Only 9 NBA teams have won the championship in about the last 40 years"

Lakers
Celtics
Bulls
Pistons
Heat
Rockets
Spurs
Mavs

Nets? Thunder? Knicks?

These 9 teams may win the next 10 as well

:x

Last edited:
Just a lot of salt and jealousy at this point.

Bottom line is Lakers have had one of the smartest and most shrewd management braintrusts in the NBA for almost 3+ decades now. Starting way back with Wilt and Kareem, when you have management willing to spend whatever to keep a contender on the floor and try and make the RIGHT moves; you're going to have the extended success that LA has enjoyed over the years. And for all the "gifts" and "fleecing" of other teams, they have equally inept and stupid management that allows these trades to happen. Don't blame BasedMitch for being smarter than everyone else in the room. Hell if not for Stern they would have had CP3 & D12 LAST YEAR.

And the casual fan definitely is intrigued by these glamor matchups, it's always been what has driven the league since the 80s. There's no possible way that a potential Heat-Lakers matchup in next years Finals wouldn't be the most anticipated of all time. And all of you saying that you're fed up with the league will be right there watching.

Except there are reports that the owner/ceo were involved in this deal, so it's tough to give him all the blame.

honeslty as this point if was true i would step down, otherwise his career from this point on his attached to this terrible trade.

Odds are hes getting fired 2-3 years anyways.

Bottom line is Lakers have had one of the smartest and most shrewd management braintrusts in the NBA for almost 3+ decades now. Starting way back with Wilt and Kareem, when you have management willing to spend whatever to keep a contender on the floor and try and make the RIGHT moves; you're going to have the extended success that LA has enjoyed over the years. And for all the "gifts" and "fleecing" of other teams, they have equally inept and stupid management that allows these trades to happen. Don't blame BasedMitch for being smarter than everyone else in the room. Hell if not for Stern they would have had CP3 & D12 LAST YEAR.
And the casual fan definitely is intrigued by these glamor matchups, it's always been what has driven the league since the 80s. There's no possible way that a potential Heat-Lakers matchup in next years Finals wouldn't be the most anticipated of all time. And all of you saying that you're fed up with the league will be right there watching.

your a lakers fan, stop trying to spin **** into gold. :lol:

no ones blaming Mitch for taking the trade, who woldnt, its just a sad state of affiars that the NBA is a joke, smart market teams sit here, cry and all they do is **** their fans and the rest of the NBA, idk about you guys but i love seeing parity, i love seeing different teams win things and it being competive, not the same **** every season.

The NFL in all honesty is the beast League in the US. NBA needs to take a look at how they handle teams/franchises/cap/etc....

I'm not spinning ****. It's the truth. When did you watch the NBA ever and there was parity? It's been like this forever and doesn't seem to be hurting the league one bit.

Aren't you a Nets fan? Explains a lot of the sodium running through your veins now.

I'ma definitely gonna agree with the bolded. Mitch is a straight up G...honestly, he has to go down as the greatest GM ever! From flipping Kwame Brown for Pau, to getting THE BEST CENTER for the SECOND best center....that's straight up genius. Also, the Cp3 and D12 didn't happen for y'all yet but I damn sure wouldn't surprised to see CP3 in the other dressing room across the hall next year.

I'm not spinning ****. It's the truth. When did you watch the NBA ever and there was parity? It's been like this forever and doesn't seem to be hurting the league one bit.
Aren't you a Nets fan? Explains a lot of the sodium running through your veins now.

how can you sit there and tell me how im feelin thru the internet :lol: nice try.

im not upset about the lakers getting D12, im about how it went down, how this orlando GM was waiting for the best deal possible and he got the worst deal possible. You dont see the NBA as a joke cause your lakers fan but for the fans of 25 other teams, its a joke :lol:

That's what makes the nba unwatchable imo :smh: I use to be a big fan too

I watch it, but like I've said a million times, the NBA leaves a ton to be desired. I was listening to Rob Dibble's radio show last night and a caller said he was a Bucks fan and he pretty much has a better chance at winning the Power Ball 5 times in a row than the Bucks winning the Championship. :lol: Damn near true. Me being a T-Wolve guy, I'll watch and I like what they're doing, but their cap will probably always be limited with the way the NBA is right now. I don't care what CP or others who have argued against me about this in the past say...The NBA is heavily skewed in the favor of only a few franchises. You either have the market and can build the super teams or you get crazy lucky in drafting stars like OKC did.

You don't know that at all.. the Heat coming out of the East is pretty much a foregone conclusion for the next few years, but don't the Lakers still have to get past the defending Western Conference champs?

So interchange the Lakers with Thunder. It's one of the two. Still...Where's the intrigue?
Like someone else posted.. where was the "intrigue" during the beloved 90's, every NTers favorite golden age of basketball?

Intrigue doesn't just mean parity. The fun is in watching the season actually play out and being entertained by good basketball. If that's not why you watch, then I don't know how you're an NBA fan at all because the league has always been dominated by a elite cabal of franchises.

The Rich always Get Richier in the NBA :x :smh:

Don't you just love how mega stars can whine themselves off of a team and onto a super team? That's the NBA for ya.

Only major sport going right now where you already know the Championship game matchup just from the offseason and before the season.

Lakers vs. Heat. No stopping it.
You don't know that at all.. the Heat coming out of the East is pretty much a foregone conclusion for the next few years, but don't the Lakers still have to get past the defending Western Conference champs?
russ=nash
kobe>sefolosha
mettaperkins
dwight>ibaka

and their benches are equal in terms of productivity

how would the thunder win?
Your "> and

I'ma definitely gonna agree with the bolded. Mitch is a straight up G...honestly, he has to go down as the greatest GM ever! From flipping Kwame Brown for Pau, to getting THE BEST CENTER for the SECOND best center....that's straight up genius. Also, the Cp3 and D12 didn't happen for y'all yet but I damn sure wouldn't surprised to see CP3 in the other dressing room across the hall next year.

I was speaking more of last year with Stern vetoing that trade because all indications were that D12 was definitely on his way to follow next.

Just look at what they've done in the past 8 years:
2004-Choosing Kobe over Shaq
2007-Not trading Bean when he was whining
2008-Trading for Pau
2011-Trading for CP3 (Stern roosterblock)
2012-Trading for Nash for peanuts and getting Dwight in the same offseason

That's how you stay relevant. I had my doubts about Jimmy Buss, but he's looking like a Chip off the old block which bodes really well for the future.

So you're saying that Thunder/Heat, with the #1 & #2 players in the world going head to head, isn't an intriguing matchup?
The ratings say otherwise.

Don't twist my words. Yes, that a Lakers/Heat or Thunder/Heat Finals would be exciting and have it's intrigue. Tell me the point of watching the regular season though, when you already know the Finals. It all becomes irrelevant. Might as well make a 30 game schedule and cut out 8 teams from the playoffs.

honeslty as this point if was true i would step down, otherwise his career from this point on his attached to this terrible trade.
Odds are hes getting fired 2-3 years anyways.

people don't usually do that. he could have bills to pay.

The same reason why at least I watch most every regular season. The different matchups that we more than likely WON'T see in the playoffs. To see what the new young talent is able to do at the next level. The ways teams are able to come together and overcome adversity. These last 2 seasons have been especially exciting with all the hoopla surrounding Bron and the Heat. It's about to get turned up to a entirely different level this season.

Like someone else posted.. where was the "intrigue" during the beloved 90's, every NTers favorite golden age of basketball?

Intrigue doesn't just mean parity. The fun is in watching the season actually play out and being entertained by good basketball. If that's not why you watch, then I don't know how you're an NBA fan at all because the league has always been dominated by a elite cabal of franchises.

The difference is that the stars didn't dictate where they got to go in a trade. I do watch basketball because I enjoy basketball. You keep insinuating reasons for me. Again, those aren't the point. I like basketball so I watch, but there's a lot to be desired.

There has been 3 different champions the last 3 years
5 champions the last 6 years.

Maybe someone like the Mavs comes up and beats (Heat, Lakers). Hell if the Thunder wins who cares if they were one of the favorites? They've never won a title and have one of the stars of the league.

I'm a huge Laker hater but this doesn't upset me because they aren't guaranteed ****.

There has been 3 different champions the last 3 years
5 champions the last 6 years.

Since 2000 there has only been 6 different Champions. All but two of those were repeat Champions (Pistons, Mavs). This isn't my argument though. Just pointing out how you can skew figures to make them favor your opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom