Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
its pretty well known that I'm the biggest Pacer fan on the bored 

Fam, before this playoff run I NEVER saw you post about the Pacers.

Before this year, how many times had you seen me post in S

http://niketalk.com/t/327528/offici...s-thread-3rd-seed-locked-vol-pacers-back/0_20

Looking pretty bleak in there wouldn't you say?

Like I said, most of the so called pacer "fans" came out of the wood works once the playoffs started.

Only other pacer fan I'd acknowledge would be misterp.

ohhhh when I was in Afghanistan? yeah its hard to post from there....REALLY hard to watch NBA basketball.

I will never understand the sour grapes mentality fans have of successful franchises. Perhaps I'm too biased because I root for one of them in another sport but I can't hate on an organization that is willing to use all of its available resources to win. Do they have certain advantages over most teams? Yes. It it "fair"? Probably not. But the people in power still hold that responsibility to meet their fans' expectations and live up to their team's tradition & history. I don't want to see the Lakers/Yankees/Celtics/Red Wings/Cowboys etc. be managed like a lower level club. They're not like the other clubs, they NEVER HAVE BEEN. ******g go all out and go for it every single time.

I could see it being a problem if these teams held a monopoly over their sport but spending money and going the extra mile doesn't guarantee you anything. You could assemble the best product on paper but it's still up to the guys to perform and beat everyone else.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s  

Why do people call the Lakers the "Yankees of baseball"? The Yankees aren't as successful as us, even with an uncapped payroll system.

Okay.

Last edited:
What exactly do career numbers have to do with today? This isn't a hall of fame debate.
laugh.gif
Wait...how old are you kid so career numbers dont mean anything huh its year to date...you wanna compare kobe to Lebron go for it...but dont start getting gased up just cause he finally got a chip and then all of a sudden you wanna crown him...i wonder where all the Heat fans was at that last yr with shaq when they went like
18-64....rightttt
Deplorable pic usage.

On another note. Quick1987 is a sour Craptor fans. That 81 point game must have been painful for him to watch hahhaaa

I saw that, I'm kind of confused as to why you didnt compare starting the shooting/point guards to each other?

At the end of the game you don't think the Heat and Lakers are going with these lineups?

Wade/Bron can't bring the ball up the court?

Ray won't be in for the dagger?

When I say Bron > Kobe I'm not talking about hall of fame ballots and careers.

Right now, 2012-2013 season, in a game

Bron > Kobe

Last edited:
LA's biggest comparative advantage is its location. The allure of fame, nightlife, yambs, tv gigs(?), a Hollywood hills/oceanfront mansion. 

Can't really blame the players for that. It's just this poaching by the Lakers FO that irks me. And Kobe.

Last edited:
LA's biggest comparative advantage is its location. The allure of fame, nightlife, yambs, tv gigs(?), a Hollywood hills/oceanfront mansion. 
Can't really blame the players for that. It's just this poaching by the Lakers FO that irks me. And Kobe.

Shouldn't it irk you more that other GM's constantly let themselves be out thought and maneuvered by the Lakers FO.. Rather than the Lakers FO doing what it is supposed to

Last edited:
Shouldn't it irk you more that other GM's constantly let themselves be out thought and maneuvered by the Lakers FO.. Rather than the Lakers FO doing what it is supposed to
I still believe that the Gasol trade was an inside job by Jerry West. 

Last edited:
How exactly would Marc Stein benefit from Dwight leaving LA to come to Dallas? :stoneface:
Either way, it's not groundbreaking and you knew it'd be there with all the drama around him.. Dwight has been leery of LA for whatever reason in the past. He won't sign an extension now so there will media speculation all the way through, especially when he's not playing well or if the Lakers come up short next June...
He's probably not leaving and he'll re-sign there once he can get his fifth year, but until he signs, you know we're gonna hear about it.
But Marc Stein benefitting from him coming to Dallas because he lives here? C'mon man.

A Dallas team that is on its last legs and isn't relevant to the NBA on a national scale doesn't seem so important, which would make whatever connection Stein has to the organization less important. Now, I understand that Dallas doesn't need Howard to remain in the national picture and that Stein certainly has other connections he can access to get info, but having someone that close to a contending team seems to me very important to a network like ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom