Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is NO WAY that Finals Cavs team is as talented as the Mavs championship team.

Lettuce be cereal. :lol:

Anyone who thinks so, tell me you would HONESTLY struggle choosing between that Cavs team & that Mavs team to don YOUR team's colors next season. Me? If I had to choose for one of those rosters to be the Lakers roster next season, ummmm, yeah, give me Marion, Kidd, Terry, & Chandler. No... question. That Cavs roster had NO BUSINESS in the freaking Finals.

God damn, y'all are getting out of pocket with this aggressive talk. And for what it's worth, Kobe had Caron for just one year, the only year he didn't make it to the playoffs.

Wow, really? Tell me you're not being serious. So Lebron, Tmac, AI, Pierce(until the Big 3) didn't have it worse? Y'all talking as if Kobe has been playing with less talent his whole career. Oooh I'm soooo sorry Kobe had to play with lesser talent for two out of his 15 year career.

You can certainly make the case. That is what the word "arguably" means btw.

bro was still alive :wow: :wow:

I know right....Oakley was on his 17th season or something, death bed status. MJ hit him on the cell to come play like it was a rec league at the Y. '

One could go with that if it weren't for the fact that the 2 times Jordan stepped away from the NBA those guys couldn't win **** own their own. Now you can say Jordan didn't win anything until they showed up but given we've both without each other it's more like they needed each other to win.
I think Shaq would've still got his 3 rings with a Vince, T-Mac and even AI.

92-93 Jordan's third title... 57 wins

93-94 55wins (1st Year without Jordan)

94-95 47 wins (3/4 year without Jordan)

Second Round Knockout both years..

Let's not act like that TEAM was a bunch of scrubs.

98-99 is a little different.. Reinsdorf gutted the entire team
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BEING SCRUBS?

FACT: They weren't winning rings without Jordan. Posting wins and that they got knocked out in the 2nd round is irrelevant. It aint like a Shaq LAL team without Kobe would not make the playoffs.

Are you ignoring the part of my post where I said it's more like they needed each other?
You THINK Shaq would win 3 with AI, Vince & T-Mac... Did he though? Nope he won 3 with Kobe..
Of course he didn't win with them. They were never on the team instead of Kobe. Was this statement and example of you being captain obvious? or do you not know the difference between opinion and facts? Cuz what I stated there was my opinion. You stating it didn't happen is not a response or rebuttal. If you don't like the topic, don't engage in it.

Last edited:
now people are talking about the cavs having a good cast around lebron
laugh.gif
this thread is officially shot
It's the offseason thread..... The biggest thing we were waiting for happened ( Dwight) so now we can't have basketball related discussions ? What would you rather us discuss ?
Nothing.

Just lock this **** up until the preseason starts or something.

It's one thing if there were good discussions going on when there's not any news...but it's always the same arguments with the same people making the same points...

Kobe

Lakers

Heat

Lebron

Kobe vs. MJ

Lebron vs. Kobe

Lebron vs. Kobe vs. MJ

Kobe/LBJ/MJ's supporting cast

Cavs

Rondo

Best PG

2nd Best C

Sprinkle in Melo, Knicks, KD, Russ. Rinse & repeat.
If you could give negative feedback, DipsetGeneral would lead the pack.
I'm mad dude figured out how to get off Sneakertalk.
mean.gif
I was kind of hoping he'd still be there bumping threads and ****...

There is NO WAY that Finals Cavs team is as talented as the Mavs championship team.
Lettuce be cereal. :lol:
Anyone who thinks so, tell me you would HONESTLY struggle choosing between that Cavs team & that Mavs team to don YOUR team's colors next season. Me? If I had to choose for one of those rosters to be the Lakers roster next season, ummmm, yeah, give me Marion, Kidd, Terry, & Chandler. No... question. That Cavs roster had NO BUSINESS in the freaking Finals.

the mavs team had more talent which is why they won the chip

the cavs got to the finals because they were in the eastern conference. They would have been an 8th seed at best in the WC.

Which is why all this "lebron miraculously" led a garbage team to the finals is bs. They played the wizards :lol:, the nets :lol:, and a washed up pistons squad. I think Lebron stans forgot about his 40+ point performance in that game 6 vs Detroit. I thought that was supposed to be the greatest performance of all time and not game 6 vs the washed up celtics.

Jordan
Bryant
James

Why can't we just appreciate their basketball talent?

Comparing them does no good.

Different players in different generations

What's crazy is that our grandkids are gonna be saying **** like "so and so would've killed Kobe and lebron"

:lol:

I can't imagine though... will there be another guy with as much offensive skillset as MJ, Kobe, or Durant with their athleticism? or as athletic as Lebron is at 6'8? Next thing you know, there's gonna be 7'6 guy playing pg lol

Jordan
Bryant
James
Why can't we just appreciate their basketball talent?
Comparing them does no good.
Different players in different generations
What's crazy is that our grandkids are gonna be saying **** like "so and so would've killed Kobe and lebron"

Won't happen.. I once said we should appreciate that we could watch 3 of the Top 5 to ever play when they all retire.... Started a **** storm as if Kobe isn't even top 40.

Last edited:
I can't imagine though... will there be another guy with as much offensive skillset as MJ, Kobe, or Durant with their athleticism? or as athletic as Lebron is at 6'8? Next thing you know, there's gonna be 7'6 guy playing pg lol

I always wonder this. How much freakish can people get. How much longer can guys continue to get bigger faster and stronger.

When I watched the Olympics I thought: How much longer can guys continue to break world records before they're running at the speed of light?

I'm sure people were saying that 20 years ago that the athletes couldn't get better..

I'm just assuming that as time goes by and we get more advanced with everything athletes will only improve

the mavs team had more talent which is why they won the chip
the cavs got to the finals because they were in the eastern conference. They would have been an 8th seed at best in the WC.
Which is why all this "lebron miraculously" led a garbage team to the finals is bs. They played the wizards :lol:, the nets :lol:, and a washed up pistons squad. I think Lebron stans forgot about his 40+ point performance in that game 6 vs Detroit. I thought that was supposed to be the greatest performance of all time and not game 6 vs the washed up celtics.
You call me pathetic, then you agree with me.

I'm sure people were saying that 20 years ago that the athletes couldn't get better..

I'm just assuming that as time goes by and we get more advanced with everything athletes will only improve

I kinda agree with you, but I also feel like we're prisoners of the moment and forget how great of athletes guys like Pippen, Larry Johnson, Shawn Kemp were. The big difference is that these super athletic guys are becoming more SKILLED. Back then we had alot of Blake Griffin types whos main discernible skill was centered around their athleticism

Lettuce be cereal.
laugh.gif

U aware, brah?

And if that was directed at me, I was comparing his '09-'10 team to the Mavs finals team.

Dirk won by himself?
Oh.
So we're just gonna pretend that Kidd, Chandler, & Terry are slouches. I see.
No, they're not on the same level as other sidekicks (Kobe*, Pippen, McHale, Worthy, Wade, Shaq*, Manu), but they're both legit.
* It's funny, both of them have been 'the man' & 'the sidekick' on championship teams.

I'm not pretending anything, how many people win chips with a Jason Terry level as there second option? 98% of champions had a fellow HOFer on the squad. Dirk so yes imo he won a championship with significantly less talent surrounding then anyone since probably 03 Duncan. and like Bill Walton.

Last edited:
List all the other players the Cavs lost too, dont worry, I'll wait.

The same Cavs players they had in the 08-09 and 09-10 seasons when they were 1-6 in the 7 games LeBron missed in those two seasons? What is your explanation for this? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Anyway, other than LeBron, the 10-11 Cavs lost three other players from the previous season:

They lost a crappy old Shaq who contributed nothing. Also, Shaq wasn't a part of the 08-09 Cavs when they had the best record in the league as well so that proves that he wasn't the reason for their success.

Delonte West - He missed 20 games in both the 08-09 and 09-10 seasons and the Cavs actually had a better record in the games he missed.

Ilgauskas - The guy is a certified loser. At his very peak aged 27 and playing 81 games, in the 02-03 season right before LeBron came he led the Cavs to a phenomenal, worst in the league tying 17-65 record. I would really like to hear you make a case for how this guy would've helped those Cavs at the age of 35. Also, it should be noted that the very first season in his career he didn't play with him, LeBron won a championship.

26 LOSSES IN A ROW. IN A ROW! Mo Williams was injured and traded halfway throughout the season, but he still played 36 games for the Cavs that season where the Cavs record was 8-28. The same with Varejao who played 31 games with a 8-23 record. If Mo Williams and Varejao were completely healthy and played 82 games, the Cavs wouldn't have been as horrible, but it is evident that they would still pretty bad. You have no case.

I can't believe the audacity of some Kobe stans to even argue that his 48 point and 16 rebound game from 2001 is even in the same stratosphere as LeBron's game 6. Either as a game on its own, but especially considering its importance. 19-26 shooting (73%!) on almost nothing but jump shots. He single-handedly saved the Heat. The second best player that game for them was Wade with 17 points on 6-17 shooting. No one else scored in double digits. Kobe's game was in a series where the Lakers were up 3-0, LeBron's was when the Heat was down 3-2, breaking the hearts of every one of you haters were jumping for joy because you thought the Heat was out for sure.

performance enhancing drugs seem to be improving/becoming harder to detect
that combined with better training means that it is possible

just look at the U.S. women's soccer team
The difference between the 1999 team and the 2012 team is almost like the difference between 1960s level athleticism compared to today. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom