Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people i hear praising this trade are the Lakers, Sixers and Nuggets fans.
One of the few people i hear disagree with this trade (besides me) is Moody. A Magic fan.
don't really care or want to get involved in this.. but i did say this, which CP responded to
can anyone explain how the deal made sense for orlando?
i get every other team in the trade EXCEPT for orlando.. 3 all-stars got moved and none will be in a magic jersey.. i really don't understand why they didn't do the houston deal when the could have gotten rid of all their bad deals (this was before they resigned jameer.. so they would obviously still have that one)

At this point why can't yall accept that this is the deal ORL wanted given the possible other trades they could've made? Maybe they wanted those possibly (probably) low draft picks and Affalo with not much cap relief or incoming of new cheap talent?
Maybe to them them that was their best deal given the circumstances?

if this was the deal they wanted, that GM needs to get fired :lol:
:lol: I'm sure he worked magic to get the job and spun the **** out of the deal after he made it on some 5 year plan where they'll be back as a prosperous team in the playoffs consistently.

Look how long Otis was around.
At this point why can't yall accept that this is the deal ORL wanted given the possible other trades they could've made? Maybe they wanted those possibly (probably) low draft picks and Affalo with not much cap relief or incoming of new cheap talent?

Maybe to them them that was their best deal given the circumstances?
You sound like Saddam Hussein did.
Iraq__Saddam_Hussein__222_.jpg

We are still in control

saddam_hussein-hanging.jpg

saddam_hussein1.jpg
Don't get me twisted though, I think the deal was **** terrible but maybe this ORL GM think it's good

Last edited:
And then i get the argument thats going to get brought up.

Fine they didnt want to take back Iggy, YOLO, whatever.......

But if you can sit there and tell everyone that doesnt agree with this trade that D12 for Kevin Martin / Rookie / 1st rounder isnt better than this, then your letting your bias getting the best of you.

also Magic dont see any 1st round picks till 2014 from Den / NY which unless both teams collapse those are mid 20s picks.

and that trade exception you keep bringing it up, is gone after this year im pretty sure.

Again, rumor is this deal wasn't Hennigan's doing but the owner stepped in and did it. "OKC model" or not, there's no win in this deal for Orlando. As for Howard, I wonder hwere he is in his rehab. Most that I read about the back surgery he had is 4-5 months, which would be Aug 20. I think all the "out til February" talk was put out from his camp just in case he didn't get his way and ended up still in Orlando, he was going to just take longer to return.

And not that a game like this matters or proves it, but I think these 2 (Selby and Barton) are gonna beast next yr

Oh yea, opens next weekend

Gold digger

Last edited:
Again, rumor is this deal wasn't Hennigan's doing but the owner stepped in and did it. "OKC model" or not, there's no win in this deal for Orlando. As for Howard, I wonder hwere he is in his rehab. Most that I read about the back surgery he had is 4-5 months, which would be Aug 20. I think all the "out til February" talk was put out from his camp just in case he didn't get his way and ended up still in Orlando, he was going to just take longer to return.

Everyone is saying December

them having all the leverage
Orlando had all the leverage now? You dudes crack me up.
Uhhh...yeah they had all the leverage. Dwight's dumb *** lost it months ago the second he opted in so time has BEEN on Orlando's side. The Magic held the best asset in any potential transaction (who just so happens to be one of the best players in the entire league). The Magic were in position to form the parameters of their own haul and they did just that...Orlando wanted a Melo-like haul, yet, in terms of value, they received less than what the Hornets/Nuggets got for CP3/Melo.

Oh...Dwight pulled a Melo and would only sign an extension with 1 team so the Magic were limited.

Well...the Lakers, Rockets, Hawks, etc. were all prepared to trade for him regardless so there's that.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Bigmike23  
Orlando had all the leverage now? You dudes crack me up.
they had the best player in the deal. HELL YEAH they did. who had the leverage in the trade then?
I'm saying though...

Last edited:
the lakers are way better at being a big market team than any other team big market team, they are always there to pick the ripened fruit and they always get a good price. The Knicks FO are feces flinging apes in comparison.
This is what it comes down to.

You're absolutely right about the Knicks too.
mean.gif

One of the few people i hear disagree with this trade (besides me) is Moody. A Magic fan.
He roots for LeBron.

And the Bulls.

There's only a few Magic fans on NT.. Living in FL and my friends all being Orlando fans I follow them pretty well

So in order to avoid an argument w/ the likes of Hank & MMG, one has to concede that the Magic begged the Lakers to take advantage of them, right?

"Lakers haven't called in a couple weeks. Think they've lost interest. Bet if we offer Dwight, they'll get rid of Bynum to another team that will give us some pieces. *picks up the phone* Hey, Mitch?"

But we're the bad guys? They called us... they made the offer... and they made this offer after we allegedly fleeced Memphis just a few years ago... but were the bad guys?

No one is BLAMING the Lakers.

Everyone just thinks it's ridiculous and stupid of the Magic.

No one is BLAMING the Lakers.
Everyone just thinks it's ridiculous and stupid of the Magic.
yup.. all of this

i get the deal from every other teams' prospective.. if i'm the other teams i do that deal in a heartbeat

EXCEPT the magic

So in order to avoid an argument w/ the likes of Hank & MMG, one has to concede that the Magic begged the Lakers to take advantage of them, right?
"Lakers haven't called in a couple weeks. Think they've lost interest. Bet if we offer Dwight, they'll get rid of Bynum to another team that will give us some pieces. *picks up the phone* Hey, Mitch?"
But we're the bad guys? They called us... they made the offer... and they made this offer after we allegedly fleeced Memphis just a few years ago... but were the bad guys?

no.

like I stated before, i dont care who D12 went to.

But the assets the magic got in return, regardless from what team they came from were terrible. The deal was terrible, it didnt help them Shed payroll, it didnt get them good draft picks or young promising players.

Like i said, and like stated in an article earlier, Kevin Martin / Rookie / 1st rounder is miles better than the deal the magic got, essentially they shipped D12 for nothing.

Actually, I can dig your responses, MMG, quik, & thattime.

Last edited:
xlarge.jpg

Stan Van Gundy On The Magic: “You Get What You Deserve”
Sports Radio Interviews

Every morning, the fine folks at Sports Radio Interviews sift through the a.m. drive-time chatter to bring you the best interviews with coaches, players, and personalities across the sports landscape. Today: Stan Van doesn't sound too sorry about the mess in Orlando.

Stan Van Gundy joined 790 The Ticket in Miami with Jonathan Zaslow and Hoch to discuss feeling badly for the Orlando Magic players who had to deal with the Dwight Howard trade rumors, the Magic locker room not being as bad as it was perceived to be by the media during the Dwight Howard trade saga, making sense of Dwight Howard's urge to stay and then leave the Orlando Magic, his next career move and not wanting to go into broadcasting with Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy.

How do you feel about the fallout from everything that has happened in Orlando? Are you frustrated? Relieved?

"Well I'd like to have a job. That'd be nice. That's not a great feeling. We just got caught up in a bad situation and our organization didn't handle it very well. Because of that I would say we probably deserve a lot of what happened as an organization and certainly not the other players. I thought those guys…I felt badly for them, a group that worked hard and was very professional all year long and didn't deserve everything that happened, but from our organization especially the people at the very top it just wasn't handled very well, so you get what you deserve."

Did you go home and say I can't believe how bizarre this is being played out with Dwight Howard?
"No. Not really. Look there's always something going on in the NBA. I think when you are in the season you are just sort of dealing with things day-to-day and the next practice and the next game and everything else, so no there is always issues. That was our issue this year and we dealt with it. Quite honestly we were dealing with it very well with everything that was going on until Dwight Howard went out and obviously we lost our best player. We were playing very well. We had the 3rd best record in the East and the 5th best record in the league and we're playing well. Then when he [Dwight Howard] went down quite honestly we struggled. He was sort of our guy and we didn't play as well after that, but I thought we were still pretty competitive in everything else. It wasn't as bad inside our team and inside the locker room as it was out in the media."

Can you give us any clarity on why Dwight Howard demanded to be traded and then said he would stay and then after the season concluded he wanted to be traded again?
"Well, I think it confuses everyone. It confuses all of us. I was a little bit surprised at the time. Look I think Dwight Howard is a guy, who likes his teammates, enjoys the camaraderie of the locker room and he's gotta realize you are in season making that decision and the guys you are with every single day are your teammates. It's also…the timing of it is we were also out on the road at that time and just played San Antonio, so it's not like he's going home after practice or something else. He is with his teammates all day and sort of got wrapped up in that and just decided hey I want to…I might as well just finish this season in Orlando and he opted in, but at the same time I don't think his desire to leave at some point ever left him, so it was more I think to finish the year in Orlando.

What's your next move? Are you going to get back into coaching?
"Well I don't know about that. I think there is consideration. I certainly have that itch. No question. But there's also considerations in this business if you are going to do that you are going to have to pick up your family and move them somewhere else in the country. Next year I'll have three in high school. It's a tough time to be moving everybody, so it may be awhile, but we will see."

You would be a tremendous edition to the broadcast booth with Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy:
"Yeah I don't think that is going to happen. I think those guys have got a pretty good chemistry there going on and I wouldn't want to mess with that, but we'll see what opportunities are out there and see if there's something that works and be fun and keep me a little bit busy, but I think those two guys are pretty settled in doing what they do and they do it very, very well."

This post, written by Steven Cuce, appears courtesy of Sports Radio Interviews. For the complete highlights of the interview, as well as audio, click here.

[quote name="MrONegative"]You're just happy everyone's not attacking you for a change. :lol:[/quote]This. :lol:

How do you guys feel about Greg Monroe playing PF next season?
Danny Granger just bought a crib in LA....foreshadowing perhaps?
I just saw Paul George listed at 6'10, we need to find a way to get him more burn at the forward spot, even if it meant moving Granger to SG.....
I think Monroe has  a lot of upside.    I honestly think he can average 20 pts and 10 rebs a game next season if not more.   Hes gonna be playing with a chip on his shoulder too.  He said he felt disrespected by not being named to the selection team to train with team USA this summer. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom