Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give the clippers the benefit of the doubt with CP3. But the Nuggets are a 4-5th seed team in the West right now. All 3 teams are 2nd round exits. But....
Lawson > Conley
Iggy = Gay
Faried > ZBo (at this point in his career, not the consistent player he once was)
Mcgee Bayless/Tony Allen/ Speights/Selby

:x

What's even more funny is that people think Iguodala is Lebron or something. What makes people think Denver won't have similar problems this season that they had last season? Iguodala isn't what you consider a go to guy. The only thing he's going to do is take the ball out of Lawson and Miller's hands.

They add a player who is probably on the same level as Afflalo offensively and went from a good to a great defender at SG. How is that making them better than the Clippers and Grizzlies? And how in the hell is Faried better than ZBO even at 70%? ZBO and Marc would dominate Faried and McGee and its not even close.

:lol: i'm picking the nuggets over the grizzlies this season.

Sorry Zbo is not the same player, 30 games (~ half the season) should be a good enough sample size of where he's at at this point in his career. In his 13th season + after injury he's not gonna get any better. And he's definitely not dominating anyone.

No one on either team is dominating anyone. Denvers depth will outmatch 90% of the teams in the NBA. Experience is their only weakness.

Last edited:
 And how in the hell is Faried better than ZBO even at 70%? ZBO and Marc would dominate Faried and McGee and its not even close.
lets not start going overboard now
I'd give the clippers the benefit of the doubt with CP3. But the Nuggets are a 4-5th seed team in the West right now. All 3 teams are 2nd round exits. But....
Lawson > Conley
Iggy = Gay
Faried > ZBo (at this point in his career, not the consistent player he once was)
Mcgee < Gasol
Chander/Gallo/Jordan Hamilton/Andre Miller/Fournier > Bayless/Tony Allen/ Speights/Selby
who cares about all the >>> stuff

zach has showed he can put a team on his back come playoff time. denver runs into the same problems the pacers have

Igoudala is a really damn good basketball player to me. I've never understood the criticism, he's not a #1 guy, but once you get past that..?

that was a significant upgrade for Denver IMO.

Until they have a superstar or elite level player, they're not likely to win a title. Depth, young guys, players who know their role, etc, all great.. But they don't have a guy who can carry them when needed

Edit.. I like Iggy a lot too.. I would have been interested to see what it would have taken to get him instead of Melo before NY traded for him.

Last edited:
 And how in the hell is Faried better than ZBO even at 70%? ZBO and Marc would dominate Faried and McGee and its not even close.

lets not start going overboard now

Lawson > Conley

Iggy = Gay

Mcgee Bayless/Tony Allen/ Speights/Selby

who cares about all the >>> stuff

zach has showed he can put a team on his back come playoff time. denver runs into the same problems the pacers have

I dont get this....Danny Granger averaged 21 ppg in 2011 and 18 ppg in 2012 in the playoffs, I would say thats consistent enough. Their problem has been depth which has been addressed this off season. I'm not saying they're title contenders just yet, but they are still at the top of the conference....

but I digress

Last edited:
What's even more funny is that people think Iguodala is Lebron or something. What makes people think Denver won't have similar problems this season that they had last season? Iguodala isn't what you consider a go to guy. The only thing he's going to do is take the ball out of Lawson and Miller's hands.

They add a player who is probably on the same level as Afflalo offensively and went from a good to a great defender at SG. How is that making them better than the Clippers and Grizzlies? And how in the hell is Faried better than ZBO even at 70%? ZBO and Marc would dominate Faried and McGee and its not even close.
The Grizz had their shot. We haven't seen Z-Bo get back to that giant-killer mode ever since he went down.

The Nuggets are adding Iggy + another year of growth for Faried and JaVale + Wilson Chandler to their frontcourt. That, to me, puts them in a position to beat the Grizz in a series. Iggy isn't LeBron and he doesn't have to be for the Nuggets to have enough to beat the Grizz.

The Clippers...CP3 is a ************, but that's still to be seen if and when Chompsy back...how Blake grows and whether they can stave off injury/Del Negro.

Last edited:
Anyone got pics of the Under Armour vs. BMore game that happen this week? Want to see what the players were rocking.

Basically, you were expecting ZBO to be 100% coming back from his injury? The whole point I'm trying to make is that, how can you judge a player that wasn't 100% throughout the whole half of the season? And then you expect him to still be at the same 70% he was at after a full offseason of training and working out? The guy just turned 31 in July and his game isn't based on athleticism. He has about 2 more years of really good basketball in him.

And Mike, how is that getting carried away saying ZBO and Marc would dominate Faried and McGee? Please, lettuce be cereal. Faried's strength is also ZBO's strength. I cannot wait to see Faried guarding ZBO in the post next season. And Marc's basketball IQ compared to McGee isn't even comparable at all, including his overall skill set. You talking like Faried and McGee are Pau and Dwight. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't co-sign that Faried being better than Z-Bo, but I'm saying the length and constant defensive pressure Denver's frontcourt can bring is gonna make a difference. Iggy and Wilson Chandler are a big boon to what they already had. I'm not sure what to expect from them, but with at least 2 games in that altitude (and this is all assuming everyone stays healthy), I'd think they beat Memphis.

Why did I jump into this?...it's August, I should know better. :smh:

Last edited:
I dont get this....Danny Granger averaged 21 ppg in 2011 and 18 ppg in 2012 in the playoffs, I would say thats consistent enough. Their problem has been depth which has been addressed this off season. I'm not saying they're title contenders just yet, but they are still at the top of the conference....
but I digress
danny granger is not a good player point blank period. he avg that many points with nobody else that could score you see once the pacers got some players his numbers went down? like myself and BHZ have said in this thread many of times nobody is saying the pacers suck.

teams like the pacers and denver run into the same problem come playoff time they have nobody to be THE MAN and take over a games for them. danny granger went MIA in the playoffs VS the heat. ya go ahead and trust him
Igoudala is a really damn good basketball player to me. I've never understood the criticism, he's not a #1 guy, but once you get past that..?
because some people think he is a star player when he is not and has a horrible contract.

but I digress

danny granger is not a good player point blank period. he avg that many points with nobody else that could score you see once the pacers got some players his numbers went down? like myself and BHZ have said in this thread many of times nobody is saying the pacers suck.

teams like the pacers and denver run into the same problem come playoff time they have nobody to be THE MAN and take over a games for them. danny granger went MIA in the playoffs VS the heat. ya go ahead and trust him

because some people think he is a star player when he is not and has a horrible contract.

oh naw bro, I'm not saying that people think they suck. But I dont think that "go to guy" thing was their biggest problem. In 2000-01 they went to the Finals with Reggie Miller as their go-to guy with an 18 ppg average, the difference is that team was DEEP. Todays NBA may have a different dynamic, but I think that this offseason a good team got better, even without the "big splash"

I do need to say that, he did step up BIG in the playoffs though, but I think Granger is still capable of that

Last edited:
you proved my point its not about how many points per game reggie put up. everyone knew you could trust him or rose to put the team on there back when they needed it

the same with the pistons team that won the finals. that was a TRUE team but you knew you could count on rip or Mr. big shot to put the team on there back

who on the pacers or Nuggets do yall trust doing that?

Still can't wait for Laker fans to jump on the Nash is the best point guard in the league next year.  I've been saying this for years, and now that he actually has help he will be incredible.  If they let Nash run the offense through him like they did in Phoenix, he'll average 15 assists.

I been hearing "Nash is too old" for 8 years in Phoenix.. bet I won't be hearing that anymore.

I hate the way the league is forming, but it's whatever.  Lakers going all the way next year.
tired.gif

Who do you think the playoff teams in the West are gonna be?
Spurs-Lakers-OKC of course
Clips-Grizz probably

I'd only take the Nuggets over the Grizz out of those.
...Mavs? T-Wolves? Jazz? Warriors?

I'd take these Nuggets.

who on the pacers or Nuggets do yall trust doing that?

I guess for Denver, they think Lawson or Iguodala. :lol:

I mean, the reason why some people said we wouldn't beat the Clippers last year was because they had Paul and ZBO wasn't healthy enough to put the team on his back like he did a year before. Granted, we shot ourselves in the foot throughout the series and should've won anyway, we would have still won with all the mistakes if ZBO was just fully healthy.

As for the Pacers, I haven't seen Granger put a team on his back in a series. I don't even know if he has it in him. He's pretty much in the same situation as Rudy. I'm not sure if anyone on the team trusts Rudy enough to put the team on his back consistently throughout a series. They have that trust in ZBO with Marc being his 2nd option. Both players are experienced, tough, very skilled and are our identity.

MrONegative, its your opinion so there's nothing I can really do to change your mind. But, I don't see how you expect a team that was tied for 3rd in the West last season without their best player for over half of the year and unhealthy for the other half to just fall in the standings. They are still one of the youngest teams in the league and have a more complete bench than they did last season. Even if ZBO doesn't return to his old self, they will still be a top 4-5 team in the West unless another major player gets hurt. They won't be a darkhorse come playoff time, though. That's why its important for him to be back to his old self.

Last edited:
Granger is has been voted t most overrated player in the NBA the last few years :lol: by other NBA players

He cant put a team on his back, doesnt have it in him. hes a 2nd option, same with iggy.

:lol: CP theres no need for the personal attacks a few pages back, just because we dont agree on the same scenario , your better than that.

The only people i hear praising this trade are the Lakers, Sixers and Nuggets fans.

One of the few people i hear disagree with this trade (besides me) is Moody. A Magic fan.

Dwight for Kevin Martin and 1st rounder and one of the other players mentioned is better than the crap the magic got.

And like Moody said why were the magic so pressed to make this deal? Dwight wasnt gonna play any time soon its not like they risked him getting hurt.

At this point why can't yall accept that this is the deal ORL wanted given the possible other trades they could've made? Maybe they wanted those possibly (probably) low draft picks and Affalo with not much cap relief or incoming of new cheap talent?

Maybe to them them that was their best deal given the circumstances?

MrONegative, its your opinion so there's nothing I can really do to change your mind. But, I don't see how you expect a team that was tied for 3rd in the West last season without their best player for over half of the year and unhealthy for the other half to just fall in the standings. They are still one of the youngest teams in the league and have a more complete bench than they did last season. Even if ZBO doesn't return to his old self, they will still be a top 4-5 team in the West unless another major player gets hurt. They won't be a darkhorse come playoff time, though. That's why its important for him to be back to his old self.
I'm just saying, that frontcourt athleticism, and how Iggy can get Faried and JaVale open. He hasn't played with bigs like this team has in the NBA. Dalembert, Brand and Hawes... Maybe I got stars in my eyes, but I don't think the Grizz could deal with that athleticism up front and as strong as your perimeter defense is, I think Iggy takes a lot away from that. I don't think you can pressure a team into slowing the game down with Iggy out there. They still don't have a closer, but that "whoever's got, it do it" thing could work against the Grizz.

3 games in Denver.

But still...it's August, none of this matters til at least Christmas. :lol:

Last edited:
At this point why can't yall accept that this is the deal ORL wanted given the possible other trades they could've made? Maybe they wanted those possibly (probably) low draft picks and Affalo with not much cap relief or incoming of new cheap talent?

if this was the deal they wanted, that GM needs to get fired :lol:

You sound like Saddam Hussein did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom