Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why you are so invested in convincing everyone that the Lakers aren't butt raping these dumb franchises. :lol:

but the Eric Gordon deal is the one that was bad. :lol:

I know that's the way the Hornets were going, I didn't agree with the NBA doing that tho.

Real owner can tear down and build thru a plan for years and years, I get that.

Who owned the Hornets? The league. They know rebuilding? :lol: THAT was my issue. THE NBA decided to make a team completely non competitive rather than try to make them a playoff team. Think about that.

If Orlando says we want to be an 8 seed, or be a #1 pick team, ok, that's on their owner/GM, they can see it thru. Stern gonna be makin picks in 3 years if that team don't sell?

That's why I disagreed with that deal. That and Stern flipped it the moment he caught heat from Gilbert.

Does it really matter though deal with it he's a Laker now whether the Lakers raping franchises they have the decision to make the choice on pulling the trigger...Folks continue to Hate...HATE HARDER!!!!

The Magic would have the same salary cap for those possible solid signings. Hedo will be traded? That's ridiculous speculation. If he wasn't traded in this deal, there's a very slim chance he'll be traded in the future. I'm not going to address the hyperbole. 

Mike, I already answered that question. I never proposed trading for those kinds of players. Show me where I did?

One of the following needed to come back from Dwight for this to be a good trade:

(1) A promising young player or a great player (NOPE)

(2) Great cap space (Same as before)
(3) A great draft pick  (...)

I've already completely destroyed the myth that this was a salary dump. What else do you guys have?
Was this posted? From SI:
Link
So what I gather is that Kevin Martin's expiring and the Toronto Raptors' pick in the 2013 draft was definitely on the table. How exactly is that not a million times better than this deal? You get a huge expiring deal which could be flipped for far more than "solid vet" Al Harrington and the Raptors pick is almost guaranteed to be in the lottery.  

The Trade Exception expires in 1 year. Forget about that salary dump if that is used. 

Stop talking about the salary cap people. It's almost exactly the same going forward and by forward I mean beyond this upcoming season because we all know the Magic will not be players this season. Why would they be taking on additional salary if that's not the Master Plan? The only thing off the books is Dwight's 12-13 salary... so like I said, here's Dwight's services and bird rights for almost nothing. 

The optimism for Orlando's future is irrelevant because the moves that could possibly fulfill that optimism were already set to be available before this trade and would have been available in a Rockets' deal. 

And I just wanted to point out again that it's August. 

This was a bad deal for the Magic. 

If there is anything I haven't addressed, please let me know. 

Yeah, I mean I am fine with us raping the league if that's what you want me to say. Hell, I enjoy it.

But in terms of hauls, I like watching stuff like that, and for whatever reason I enjoy seeing teams transform ala what Denver has done :nerd: after moving a big guy. All these deals have been fun to gab about, this week I'm just taking shots at the two that lost their blankies or something cuz Dwight's a Laker. Day after day they couldn't possibly see anything remotely positive for Orlando, even tho it was the Magic that were pullin the strings on the deal. :lol: It's not like we have Bobby Knight in charge tellin other teams to just lay back and enjoy it. :lol:

Denver received two starting SFs, a veteran PG, and two 7-footers for a worse player. 

Last edited:
Denver received two starting SFs, a veteran PG, and two 7-footers for a worse player. 
thats fine and all. but again what do you want to be a avg playoff team or bottom out and a chance to start all over? myself im always on the side of just starting all over

and hank my bad i ment to bold the part you put about memphis ownership steping in for the paul gasol trade its rumors of the magic doing the same thing for Dwight

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, Danillo, Chandler, Felton and a 7 footer is some solid haul?

Which of those assets are the Nuggets solid around right now? Danillo?

A ridiculous Felton for Miller move that included them getting Faried instead of the moronic Blazers.

And flipping Nene.

As in, OTHER moves they made after the initial deal. :nerd: Oh hey. I didn't realize those happen, who knew?

According to CP's logic, ANY trade analysis is impossible until 2-3 years after the fact even though observers seem to know what else was on the table. We have to trust NBA management. We must have faith in this bastion of excellence. 

DubA, bad trades sometimes occur under the pressure of deadlines. I wouldn't be harsh if this deal was made in February. Heck, get .05 on the dollar if you are going to get .00 instead.

CP, Denver had a better record than NYK after the trade and this season. They lost a supposed superstar player and were better off immediately. 

And why didn't you address my other post? 

And I don't care that Dwight went to LA. In a Houston deal, Dwight would have also landed in LA. 

Last edited:
"observers" know what was on the table? That's why all the reports are going this way and that after the fact, everyone tryin to save face, and what not? :lol:

What other deals were on the table when the deal was made? The disputed Houston one? The Nets one? The Hawks? Who?

Everyone wanted OKC to call, did they? Did Harden/Ibaka get offered?

You are SHREDDING a deal you know jack **** about and without the benefit of future moves. IF this was the only move, then yeah, they are stupid. I'm going to assume that Orlando will make further moves, think that's possible? Ok then, now you're getting somewhere then.

Don't like the deal, cool, but come in and quote yourself for a few days straight, I'm gonna say somethin. You spent the whole weekend pullin thru tears all in your eyes quotin your own self. **** man, let it go. Hell, you got Dwight out the East, as a Bulls fan, the hell are you complainin for? :lol:

So the one redeemable quality of this deal is that the Magic have the room to make great moves that they already possessed? What changed? Salary cap situation? The same. The draft picks are completely negligible. What changed? Dwight is gone. That's all. 

If the Magic waited this long to make a deal, what was a few more months to continue negotiations? That's my biggest question. 

The Magic would love to continue collect draft picks and young talent.

Why would a team be willing to give them these assets, if they(Magic) dont take on a bad contract along with it?

Im assuming Hedo will get amnestied as well, the Magic have 0% assets to move until next draft.

Last edited:
you really can't fathom that having all that negative press and having it draw out even longer would have a negative effect on the fans and other teammates?

you really can't fathom that having all that negative press and having it draw out even longer would have a negative effect on the fans and other teammates?

Who cares? You wanna make the best deal don't you? The nuggets did pretty well waiting for it

:lol: Hank, you can have at it buddy. I've said it 10 times already. Articles are being posted. I mentioned the podcast on HP. I don't know what more you want. Maybe they didn't want to go into another season with Dwight hanging over their heads. Maybe they wanted the 2 kids they got, plus Affalo. They are the ONLY ones that knew every offer they had, and they sought this deal and consumated it. With no timetable, no pressure, no nothing. Clearly, they wanted something. What, we don't know. But at least some poeple have it in them to look around and see what it might be. All you can see is Dwight, Lakers and it gets you steamed.

It's not sexy for the Magic, but people are starting to come around on it and forecast where it'll take them. If you want to stay on your they got nothing, by all means. Just quit complaining about it every day in here saying the same crap.

I think people are underestimating Denver. I'd put them above the grizzlies/cippers after that trade.

I dont think it gets any better than having a YOUNG yet VERY GOOD core of Lawson/Iggy/Chandler/Gallo/Faried/Mcgee

Dwight would have landed in LAL in a Houston deal.

According to you, the one redeemable quality of this trade for the Magic is that the team now has the room to make great moves that they already possessed? 

You first started off with the salary dump myth. Now you move on to flexibility for future moves... which the Magic already had.

edit: And I hadn't said anything about this deal for days. Check my post history. You do know how to do that right? I'm just responding to other posts. I didn't start this latest discussion. 

Last edited:
I think people are underestimating Denver. I'd put them above the grizzlies/cippers after that trade.
I dont think it gets any better than having a YOUNG yet VERY GOOD core of Lawson/Iggy/Chandler/Gallo/Faried/Mcgee
expect the clippers and girzz have players that can put a team on there backs come playoff time and denver doesnt
Why would a team be willing to give them these assets, if they(Magic) dont take on a bad contract along with it?
Im assuming Hedo will get amnestied as well, the Magic have 0% assets to move until next draft.
they already you that on gilbert so cant use it again, but they cant cut hedo next year and save money

expect the clippers and girzz have players that can put a team on there backs come playoff time and denver doesnt

I'd give the clippers the benefit of the doubt with CP3. But the Nuggets are a 4-5th seed team in the West right now. All 3 teams are 2nd round exits. But....

Lawson > Conley
Iggy = Gay
Faried > ZBo (at this point in his career, not the consistent player he once was)
Mcgee Bayless/Tony Allen/ Speights/Selby

I'd give the clippers the benefit of the doubt with CP3. But the Nuggets are a 4-5th seed team in the West right now. All 3 teams are 2nd round exits. But....
Lawson > Conley
Iggy = Gay
Faried > ZBo (at this point in his career, not the consistent player he once was)
Mcgee Bayless/Tony Allen/ Speights/Selby

What?!

:rofl:

ZBO came back from an injury and only played like 30 games last year, but he's all of a sudden not the same player he once was. He was just coming off his best playoff performance ever and played 4 games before getting hurt. At least wait until he play next season to say he's not the same player he once was. He did have 18/16 and 19/10 in 2 out of those 7 games. Averaged 14 and 10 in the series against the Clippers and was nowhere near in shape or probably not even 60%.

Its more to winning games in this league and in the playoffs than ranking players over one another. Denver does not have anyone capable of carrying a team. Their only strength is their depth. When they get an elite defense and a player or two that can take over games in the playoffs, then they will be where the Grizzlies and Clippers are. As of now, they are just a deep team that will struggle to close out games. Memphis struggled last playoffs because Zach wasn't healthy and Rudy didn't know what the hell was going on since it was his first playoff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom