Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kings team should've won at least one
30t6p3b.gif

I'm thinking the Nets don't land Dwight, at least not immediately.

So w/ Crash, Joe Johnson, and assuming Deron + Kidd (since Kidd said he'll go where Deron goes), does that even make them a playoff team?
ohwell.gif

And they have the potential of losing out on Dwight, which could likely mean losing Deron. That would make their offseason consist of just picking up Joe & Gerald.

Joe Johnson + Gerald Wallace =
ohwell.gif

Joe + Crash + Deron + Kidd =
nerd.gif

Joe + Crash + Deron + Kidd + Dwight =
eek.gif

But the only one of those 3 that will definitely happen next season is the first one.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Also, a very important note on using the MLE, via Larry C's CBA FAQs:
Again, this exception is only available to teams that are below the "apron," i.e., below the point $4 million above the tax line. Teams above the apron instead must use the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (see below). Further, any team that uses its Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception cannot go above the apron for the remainder of that season. In other words, once a team uses its Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the apron effectively becomes a hard cap for the remainder of that season
The luxury tax line is 70 mil, making the "apron" 74 million

JJ - $19,752,645

Dwight - $19,536,360

Deron - $17,177,795

Wallace - $8,950,000

Teletovic - $5,000,000

Total - $70,416,800 

That only leaves $3,583,200 to fill out the remaining 8 roster spots. If all 8 are rookies making $473,604 that would cost $3,788,832.
Somebody will have to take less.
Originally Posted by Essential1

If Nets are worried about the boards. Give an offer to Camby for vet minimum.. Didn't have most RPG, but RP48 and Reb% he was 1st or 2nd
They'd have to beat out the NBA champs for him. Good luck.

Yeah Camby has a lot of teams going after him.. But I think Celtics may be the front runners if they offer him $3mil. Which the Heat seem unlikely to do.

By the way the Nets say they are willing to take Hedo's contract.. Which they obviously can't do. No third team wants Hedo Turkoglu.. So Dwight to BK won't happen.. At least not for a few years.

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:
The Nets don't have anyone else under contract?

Nah. The only guys who were actually signed players on the payroll were Farmar, Morrow, Petro, & Jordan Williams and all of them were traded for JJ

That only leaves $3,583,200to fill out the remaining 8 roster spots. If all 8 are rookies making $473,604that would cost $3,788,832.

Well they could sign someone to a 3.58 mil contract, use the mini mid (or full mid??
nerd.gif
) and then fill out the rest of the roster with minimum contracts

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

That only leaves $3,583,200 to fill out the remaining 8 roster spots. If all 8 are rookies making $473,604 that would cost $3,788,832.

Well they could sign someone to a 3.58 mil contract, use the mini mid (or full mid??
nerd.gif
They still can't go over $74mil.  I think
nerd.gif
. If that is the case Dwight to NJ this year is not happening.

They'd be better served giving Brook $10mil. Then having close to $13mil to fill their bench out.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Yeah Camby has a lot of teams going after him.. But I think Celtics may be the front runners if they offer him $3mil. Which the Heat seem unlikely to do.

By the way the Nets say they are willing to take Hedo's contract.. Which they obviously can't do. No third team wants Hedo Turkoglu.. So Dwight to BK won't happen.. At least not for a few years.
Yeah, they'd have to beat out MIA & BOS.

And yeah, it's more or less impossible to trade for him & take back Hedo's deal in this offseason

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
Nah. The only work around available is to only use 3 mil of the MLE on Teletovic and fill out the rest of the roster with the BAE and vet min contracts as the hard cap only applies when you use the entire MLE:
However, if a team uses its Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception but does not exceed the constraints of the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (e.g., in 2011-12 they use the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception to sign a player for $3 million or less), then the team is allowed to later exceed the apron. If they do so, the team is considered to have used the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception rather than the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.

I just hope the Nets and Magic know what they are doing before getting far on these trade talks
laugh.gif

The Nets also have another European they drafted last season that plays SF that MAY come over as well.

Lets see how they work everything first.

I would hope that people getting paid millions of dollars to make basketball decisions would know the ins & outs of the new CBA
laugh.gif

Now, unless Teletovic wouldn't accept 3 mil annually, this would be another stupid move by Billy King.

^What Magic making the worst possible trade offered
roll.gif
. I can barely respect if they take the Hawks offer, a Lakers offer, a clippers offer... But that Nets offer should lead to some sort of firing for the entire Magic FO.

Taking Humphries
roll.gif
. You lose Ryan Anderson to free Agency. Trade Dwight.. You get back Lopez, Humphries. And 25th or later picks..

My brother who is a Magic fan, may actually jump out of a window if they make a trade for Brook Lopez & Kris Humphries.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Landry Fields signs three year offer sheet with Raptors.
They can have him.

Yeah
laugh.gif
though he was one the trade chips that the Knicks were hoping to use for Nash. I'd say that's dead now. Man Deron needs to hurry up. A ton of deals hinge on where he decides to go. Tons of chips fall after that. And I'm tired of waiting.

Originally Posted by diew its james

why do the raptors need so many 2guards...

Gearing up for Nash.  No way he turns down $36 million from them, especially if they increase that number.  They want him bad.  Be an interesting team with Steve at the helm.

Nets fans are bugging, this isn't European soccer, you can't have a roster full of players on max contacts. Even if you guys did manage to land Dwight, where is the space for a bench? You guys can't compete with a bench full of D-Leaguers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom