Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Nets fans are bugging, this isn't European soccer, you can't have a roster full of players on max contacts. Even if you guys did manage to land Dwight, where is the space for a bench? You guys can't compete with a bench full of D-Leaguers.

Water is wet

Raptors signing Landry Fields to prevent the Knicks from signing and trading him to the Suns for Steve Nash.
roll.gif

RT @ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million

roll.gif

I just can't see the Magic accepting that offer without another a team(s)in the mix.

This is just me thinking outlandishly out loud:

Lakers- get Humphries and Lopez
Rockets- Gasol + Turk's bad contract
Magic-some of Rockets young assets, Lowry, Nets picks, Marshon Brooks, Lakers picks... Just a whole big bag of stuff
Nets- Dwight

I just had to throw it into the ether. I haven't checked salaries. I haven't checked jack ##%#. This is crazy.

laugh.gif
@ this market

Thought the whole point of this new CBA was to limit outlandish contracts.

Asik, Fields, Gragic 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I just can't see the Magic accepting that offer without another a team(s)in the mix.

This is just me thinking outlandishly out loud:

Lakers- get Humphries and Lopez
Rockets- Gasol + Turk's bad contract
Magic-some of Rockets young assets, Lowry, Nets picks, Marshon Brooks, Lakers picks... Just a whole big bag of stuff
Nets- Dwight

I just had to throw it into the ether. I haven't checked salaries. I haven't checked jack ##%#. This is crazy.
Of course we'd get the garbage
laugh.gif

Magic pursuing deal centered around Bynum.

Lakers have to take it. Even if Dwight walks. Just because they have no assets to improve their bench enough to get past OKC. And this move changes the dynamic.

They have 1 year to suffer after then hit the full reset button.

Assuming they keep Hedo & Metta through 2013-2014. Along with Kobe & Pau deals expiring after 2013-2014. Those 4 players alone are $69.665million coming off the books in one year.

It is a huge risk parting with Bynum for Howard, who will walk. But it allows the Lakers to change things quickly if it all goes South.

Eh. Landry fields alright his rookie year. He didn't mesh well with Melo, like 98% of the league.

Fields' offer sheet was a cockblock in NY's hopes to sign-and-trade for Nash.

If the Knicks match it, they can't trade Fields by rule. If they don't match it, they don't have him period. They overpaid Fields to knock out NY from the Nash sweepstakes
laugh.gif

RT @AlexKennedyNBA: It sounds like Landry Fields' new deal would pay him $5 million in year one, $5.2 million in year two and $9.8 in year three. Poison pill.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Eh. Landry fields alright his rookie year. He didn't mesh well with Melo, like 98% of the league.

Yea, clearly melos fault fields shot 25 % from three and 55 from the line.....not to mention his three attempts were normally wideeeee open due to melo being double teamed

Landry gonna get moved back into his original SF position. He'll be fine with that team, now that they're most likely getting Nash too

I don't understand why people are against these backloaded deals. This is a great loophole exploitation by the Rockets and Raptors. If it works, the player is had for a bargain since the cap number is a third of the total contract. If it doesn't, the 10M expiring contract is a great trade piece because there are always teams looking to shed dollars, even moreso in the forthcoming progressive luxury tax era. It's a win-win for the Rockets and Raptors.

Daryl Morey figured it out. Others will engage in the sincerest form of flattery. Edit: Knicks won't match. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom