Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Knicks would be morons, they are morons but would make it even worse
There is a 0% chance we give up shumpert

i know that but im just saying, its not gonna happen regardless.

and who the hell pays Nash 40 million?

I've heard Toronto would go up that far if they thought Nash was having doubts.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Love that Danny Ainge is doing exactly what he said he'd never do.

Catch a break without Rose being healthy and then still get beat by Miami without Bosh and a hobbled Wade and come back at it for another run? Out in Round 2 barring other teams getting hurt.

So you're just going to act like the Celtics roster wasnt depleted and we didnt even have a center other than Greg Stiemsa on our roster during the playoffs ? And STILL. brought the Heatles to a game 7? Act like the only reason the Celtics competed with Miami is bc of no Bosh, when during the reg season the C's went 3-1 against Miami while never having all of their starters in any game ? Act like the Celtics dont have the best PG in the L ? Best coach in the L? Kevin Garnett ? JET? Celtics > Bulls especially with D-Rose out. Who knows what his status will be next season ? I want to see him come back strong but he will probably be slowed down a bit when he gets back on the court; weary of his injury and lacking explosiveness.

If Jeff Green, Bradley, Wilcox and O'Neal were healthy who knows what would have happened in the ECF ? If you have the Celtics getting knocked out in the 2nd round next year then you're delusional. Ainge said he'd never try to bring this old +%$ team back if they werent competing anymore. Who blows up a team after being one game away from making the Finals ?

Welcome to Boston JET
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now come home Ray.

Originally Posted by Essential1

If he hated his role (on the bench/minutes or whatever it was) on 2011-2012 Celtics.. How much will he like his role 2012-2013 Heat?

I'm sure a ring will ease the pain

Good to see Evans out East.

He gave us some serious problems in the playoffs. Makes the Clippers a little less dangerous come playoff time against us (if we met up again).

And JA, there's a chance they make it to the ECF, but a lot of these teams are close. If Indiana can get Kaman, Nets still making moves, etc. And I'm not sure how much you can rely on those old guys for a full season + playoffs again.

Japan - I look at it as Deron said keep Brook. Now Evans is a BEAST at rebounding probably even better than Hump and MUCH cheaper I bet.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Magic eye Lakers center Andrew Bynum as target in potential Dwight Howard trade
22 minutes ago
Adrian Wojnarowski

The Lakers had been on Howard’s initial list of three preferred teams – along with Brooklyn and Dallas – but eventually dropped off. Part of the reason has been the frayed relationship between Howard and Kobe Bryant. Those two stars had a contentious phone conversation over a year ago about Howard’s potential offensive role with the Lakers, sources said, and there’s been an uncertainty between both about how they would co-exist on the floor.
laugh.gif

God I wish we had the audio of this  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe probably kept it real with that flip-flopping %$$# boy.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Catch a break without Rose being healthy and then still get beat by Miami without Bosh and a hobbled Wade and come back at it for another run? Out in Round 2 barring other teams getting hurt.

So you're just going to act like the Celtics roster wasnt depleted and we didnt even have a center other than Greg Stiemsa on our roster during the playoffs ? And STILL. brought the Heatles to a game 7? Act like the only reason the Celtics competed with Miami is bc of no Bosh, when during the reg season the C's went 3-1 against Miami while never having all of their starters in any game ? Act like the Celtics dont have the best PG in the L ? Best coach in the L? Kevin Garnett ? JET? Celtics > Bulls especially with D-Rose out. Who knows what his status will be next season ? I want to see him come back strong but he will probably be slowed down a bit when he gets back on the court; weary of his injury and lacking explosiveness.

If Jeff Green, Bradley, Wilcox and O'Neal were healthy who knows what would have happened in the ECF ? If you have the Celtics getting knocked out in the 2nd round next year then you're delusional. Ainge said he'd never try to bring this old +%$ team back if they werent competing anymore. Who blows up a team after being one game away from making the Finals ?

Welcome to Boston JET
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now come home Ray.

LeBron beat you 1 on 5 when the chips were all in. He has obliterated the Celtics 2 years in a row. Absolute demolitions. Nothing is stopping a third time. 
Doc is good, but the best coach in the league probably wouldn't have let Brandon Bass out to dry in Game 7. 

Rondo is great, albeit not the best. He's one of my favorite players - and the only thing that keeps prying the Celtics window open a crack as they would have been nothing 2 years + ago without him. Avery Bradley is good, yet Wade couldn't get out of his own way so what did it matter? 

O'Neal and Wilcox. Yeah.. Maybe you can bring back Tony Battie, too. Jeff Green is now 2012 version of Pacers-Derrick McKey. A nobody. 

Do you really think a team that old won't have injuries again? If anything this past post-season was a wash considering how spry KG was. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

I can't believe you guys argued about Landry Fields for 4 pages
laugh.gif
It's literally bijald vs. everyone else though.
laugh.gif
Even Osh knows what it is.

It's essentially a $20 million dollar cockblock. If they want Nash that bad...let 'em have him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Ray seems like a loyal, high character guy. He has made a lot of money in this league, and already won a chip with Boston. It just doesn't make sense to leave Boston and go to their new rival Miami, especially after KG just resigned.

I hope it doesnt happen
He doesn't get along w/ Rondo. 

If Miller retires, Miami makes PERFECT sense. 
I don't buy that angle. I don't believe his relationship w/ Rondo is that bad that he would take half of what Boston would pay just to get away from that $%!$@.

If he DOES leaves it'll be because he feels "wanted" more in Miami and they have a better chance at getting him another ring or two.

Chad Ford is a dunce for that dumb %%! trade he proposed.

Does anyone know how Jeff Green has matched up with LeBron James?
nerd.gif

Evans is definitely a much cheaper, better option to replace Humphries, though he won't bring any kind of offense for them. But that's why they brought in JJ I guess.

Just really banking on Deron re-signing.

Nets used trade exception from Portland trade. (So if Osh has not jumped off a bridge yet from the Fields deal) The portland trade as it stands is Wallace and Evans for the 6th, Okur, and Shawne.

Nets have a 1.6 exception left from deal (Used the 3 mil exception)

Evans signed for 3 years 5 Mil. Hump wanted that and 4 mil more for just one season. Oh and a future 2

I like the Evans deal as well... Brings in rebounding & the type of player that does all the little things out there. Cheap price tag too compared to Humphries.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Nets used trade exception from Portland trade. (So if Osh has not jumped off a bridge yet from the Fields deal) The portland trade as it stands is Wallace and Evans for the 6th, Okur, and Shawne.

Nets have a 1.6 exception left from deal (Used the 3 mil exception)

Evans signed for 3 years 5 Mil. Hump wanted that and 4 mil more for just one season. Oh and a future 2
Interesting way to look at it, but I still hate that Crash got such a big contract.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Welcome to Boston JET
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now come home Ray.

LeBron beat you 1 on 5 when the chips were all in. He has obliterated the Celtics 2 years in a row. Absolute demolitions. Nothing is stopping a third time. 
Doc is good, but the best coach in the league probably wouldn't have let Brandon Bass out to dry in Game 7. 

Rondo is great, albeit not the best. He's one of my favorite players - and the only thing that keeps prying the Celtics window open a crack as they would have been nothing 2 years + ago without him. Avery Bradley is good, yet Wade couldn't get out of his own way so what did it matter? 

O'Neal and Wilcox. Yeah.. Maybe you can bring back Tony Battie, too. Jeff Green is now 2012 version of Pacers-Derrick McKey. A nobody. 

Do you really think a team that old won't have injuries again? If anything this past post-season was a wash considering how spry KG was. 

Demolition though ?
laugh.gif
7 games is a demolition ? Right.

Rondo not the best PG in the L? Doc not the best coach? You're tripping good sir.

As far as downplaying the importance of Wilcox and O'Neal? Theyre big bodies and theyre centers. How could we beat the Heat with absolutely no presence in the paint? Stiemsa though? I loved what he did this year but he was far in over his head. Bradley is a starter and is widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the L, but i see youre downplaying his importance as well
eyes.gif

The Celtics are just getting better while it seems the Heat are remaining idle. Dont let your hate for Boston cloud your good judgement. The Celtics are the second best team in the East and have a great shot at the Finals next year. Thats just what it is.

Japan - You guys see highlights of some games and things like that. I agree, Hump is underrated but he played ZERO DEFENSE DOWN LOW. Blocks do not make you a good defender. He let many guys go by him to try and get a Block.

You saw this from Hump too. He turned into a nice role player. but I am not crying that he is gone.

19.8 million for JJ
1.2 million for Brooks
8.5 for Crash
5 million for Teletovic

Probably 10 million for Brook, and 17 million for Deron right?

That's 61.5 million.

Bunch of minimum contracts from here on out, seems like.

My math right on that?

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Japan - You guys see highlights of some games and things like that. I agree, Hump is underrated but he played ZERO DEFENSE DOWN LOW. Blocks do not make you a good defender. He let many guys go by him to try and get a Block.

You saw this from Hump too. He turned into a nice role player. but I am not crying that he is gone.
Yeah his low post D is pretty bad, he's no Kendrick Perkins that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom