Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now Japan, the nets would be at 34.66 million (I do not know what Tyshawn Taylor's cap hold is) of the guys on roster now. (JJ, Crash, Brooks, Evans, Teleovic)

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by DMan14

ray to miami, thats like sting joining the nWo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Welp
hqdefault.jpg

Nets are really loud this off season. Evans might not be a big market player but he can contribute alot. I like this signing.

All these moves from the Nets make it even more moronic they traded the lottery pick for Crash AND overpaid him by a wide margin.
30t6p3b.gif
I still can't get over that $#@@. You take those panic moves out of the equation and you're looking at Fright Coward potentially being in BK right now.

Evans means the end of Humphries, correct? Humphries would be a great addition to alot of teams, too bad he's a moron who cant get out of his own way.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Right now Japan, the nets would be at 34.66 million (I do not know what Tyshawn Taylor's cap hold is) of the guys on roster now. (JJ, Crash, Brooks, Evans, Teleovic)
With or without roster cap holds?

If Deron takes a max deal, his first year is ~17 million right?

And I'd think Brook's salary would start ~10 too.

Sounds about right.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Proshares

I can't believe you guys argued about Landry Fields for 4 pages
laugh.gif
It's literally bijald vs. everyone else though.
laugh.gif
Even Osh knows what it is.

It's essentially a $20 million dollar cockblock. If they want Nash that bad...let 'em have him.
laugh.gif

SebastianPruiti 

This was written before today's Jason Terry signing.
Why Danny Ainge Is Trying To Bring Back The Big Three

The problem with blowing things up and starting over is that there has to be a viable alternative. Take the Nets, who planned for years to take a shot at Dwight Howard only to have it all fall apart at the trade deadline. Instead, GM Billy King traded a lottery pick for the right to pay Gerald Wallace $40 million over four years and added Joe Johnson, whose contract has $89 million left.

The Nets are better today than they were when the season ended, but how much better can they realistically expect to get, even if All-Star point guard Deron Williams re-signs? More to the point, how much better will they be in years three and four when they will be capped out?

Look around the Eastern Conference. The Bulls and Pacers are facing the loss of key players. The 76ers appear set for a major retooling. The Hawks are breaking up their middling core. There’s opportunity for the Celtics to remain competitive and their main competition appears to be the team they just took to seven games in the conference finals. 

As Celtics’ team president Danny Ainge surveyed the free agent landscape, he came to the obvious conclusion that there was no one worth trading in his vintage roster for a sleeker model. Howard was off the free agent market and the glut of restricted free agents would be out of their price range (See: Roy Hibbert’s four-year, $58 million from Portland and Omer Asik’s three-year, $24 million offer from the Rockets).

Just as importantly, Ainge remains convinced that the big three of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen still has more basketball in it, and yes, he’s as surprised as you. When he brought them together he thought they would be able to maintain their performance for three years.

“They proved me wrong,

Yup Scott. And your 1000000000% correct. The Nets were tired of Hump the superstar compared to Hump the NBA Ball player.

I posted it in here last week. Billy King was talking to reporters and they Asked about Kris. King said : "Kris is still in the mix but his number needs to come down to what we want. He also said he wanted to play in the Olympics this year......." That was some knock for a guy "In the mix."

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by DMan14

ray to miami, thats like sting joining the nWo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Welp
hqdefault.jpg

laugh.gif

Ray Allen to the Heat would be a nice pickup but they still need to get a big.

I like what the Celtics have done thus far via the draft and free agency.

Any news on OJ Mayo?

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

crash's deal I heard starts at 7 this year Japan. It jumps next season.

Yup. He took less money to help with FA signings. Also Wallace's deal is a stretch exception.

I think Rondo is just a diva type dude and Jesus wasnt having it. Probably nothing specific; just two men with different personalities clashing. Rondo is a great player but comes off as a real herb type dude sometimes. Ray on the other hand... I doubt he plays that.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Essential1

If he hated his role (on the bench/minutes or whatever it was) on 2011-2012 Celtics.. How much will he like his role 2012-2013 Heat?
I'm sure a ring will ease the pain
And backing up Wade instead of Bradley.

Originally Posted by NooEra

As far as downplaying the importance of Wilcox and O'Neal? Theyre big bodies and theyre centers. How could we beat the Heat with absolutely no presence in the paint
What the?

Garnett was averaging 22 & 11 with nearly 2 blocks per game before Bosh returned to starters minutes & KG went ghost.

The only function those 2 guys serve is putting BOS in the bonus quicker.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by NooEra

As far as downplaying the importance of Wilcox and O'Neal? Theyre big bodies and theyre centers. How could we beat the Heat with absolutely no presence in the paint
What the?

Garnett was averaging 22 & 11 with nearly 2 blocks per game before Bosh returned to starters minutes & KG went ghost.

The only function those 2 guys serve is putting BOS in the bonus quicker.

So Garnett and his toothpick body is supposed to play the 5 throughout the playoffs? Do you know how trying that is on a 35 year old body? Its about DEPTH in the NBA guys. Wilcox and O'Neal provided DEPTH AT THE 5. Exactly what the Celtics were lacking. If you cant understand that then i have nothing else to say on the matter.

If youre denying the Celtics were plagued with injuries to key players then idk what to tell you
laugh.gif

Hank Calculator trying to convince us fields is a good shooter. Numbers lie. Except free throw numbers.

toine, last I read (Sunday) Juice was out of the country.

I also read he's interested in signing for more than the MLE, so that narrows it down to a team like the Suns.

Terry just fits so well with the C's. Love that fit.

It would be hilarious after all these moves if Deron still went to Dallas and Nash went to the Knicks
laugh.gif

With these moves I think we will still have a good chance at ECF. And a chance at Miami is all you can ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom