Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with Deron is last year.

In 2011 Chris Paul took a poor team to the playoffs now I know the last years Nets didnt have the talent of that Hornets team but they were one of the worst teams in the whole NBA.

A true franchise player never is a on a team that bad unless he missed a large part of the season with injury.

Damn, it seems like some you guys spend more time reading box scores and analyzing stats then watching games. If you can say Rondo isn't an elite player, then there is no point discussing basketball with you.

Give me Westbrook over any pointguard in the NBA

:lol: :lol: at this Deron Slander, im not gonna even touch that, dude is the Best PG in the League, yes better than yall precious CP3

NTers are a bunch of live in moment type dudes

Ya know, it just crossed my mind...how do the Hawks plan on splitting minutes between Teague, Devin Harris and Lou Williams? They're all three somewhat the exact same player and none of them are big enough to play on the floor together at the same time.

Lakers starting lineup on opening night...Nash-Kobe-Iggy-Jamison-D12. They'll take on Hedo instead of J-Rich then trade Pau and Blake for Iggy and one of the Sixers young front court players like Vucevic.

Deron is one of my favorite players but I hate that yall are making me type this but Deron Williams ain't done **** but chuck outside of Jerry Sloan's system

Jason Kidd couldn't throw it in the ocean in his prime and he a HOFer with ease.

Rajon Rondo though? He's barely an above an above average player :smh:

Lakers just signed hill which is :pimp: ... Now the lakers need to get Josh from Atlanta. They got greedy with the first trade offer and wanted Teague too and the Hawks hung up the phone lol. Trade Pau for Josh and whatever players they wanna add to match the salaries (Hopefully Devin Harris)... Get that trade done then follow it up with a Dwight trade ah man... Dwight, Josh, Metta, The Mamba, Nash with Jamison and Hill off the oak just ain't ordinary bruh... Only thing that'll be the Lakers with that roster is injuries.

But they have to get a backup PG who can play some defense and get to the cup. Only play Nash about 33 mins per b/c if we don't get that backup PG we saw how coach Brown ran Kobe into the ground like he was freh outta HS

If the Lakers don't get Dwight they will be one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

If they do get him though its a wrap.

My issue with Deron is last year.

In 2011 Chris Paul took a poor team to the playoffs now I know the last years Nets didnt have the talent of that Hornets team but they were one of the worst teams in the whole NBA.

A true franchise player never is a on a team that bad unless he missed a large part of the season with injury.
In Deron's defense despite the Hornets being a bad team they were very good defensively. Add in CP3 and that's how he led them to the playoffs. I don't know who could've led that Nets team to respectability let alone the playoffs.

Last edited:
Yeah this past year Deron had a great rebounder (Hump), a very good spot up shooter (Morrow) and an iso chucker (Brooks). That's it. Really didn't have a single guy on the team for the full year that was healthy that you could say is a good all around offensive or defensive player. Had Lopez stayed healthy I think they would have been right with the Knicks, Sixers and Bucks.

So its absurd that Westbrook is the best player playing point in the NBA? :smh:

To me...it isn't at all. While I disagree to an extent, I can see why one would say he's the best PG in the L. He's an athletic freak who can (and does) get whatever he wants offensively against any other defender in the league. Scores with the best of em' from the PG spot. Is extremely underrated when it comes to creating shots for his teammates, which he does a pretty good job of doing. (Watch the Thunder for an entire season, and you will come away saying this)

He has size, (They list him at 6'3 and I know for a fact he's about 6'4 to 6'5) he's a terror on the defensive end, plays extremely hard, and contrary to what the public will have you thinking about him, his a really good teammate who really wants to win. I would have NO problem saying he's the best PG in the L. No other point is as athletic, can score, defend, and can create for their teammates in the combination that westbrook can. (Sure there are other players that "pass" better, but they can't do that along with the other attributes that Westbrook has)

My main issue with russy is that sometimes he doesnt understand that 1 he isnt the man and 2 hes a PG, his job is to make it easier for others to score, he goes thru stretches where he comes down the court, wont look to pass and just takes shots, and dont get me wrong, no one isnt saying he cant score, cause hes prob the best scoring PG in the league in the way he can attack and shoot , BUT hes a PG and hes not the man, if would attack and dish it would make it so much easier for everyone else on that thunder team, because everyone knows russy can score when he wants too

Jason Kidd couldn't throw it in the ocean in his prime and he a HOFer with ease.
Rajon Rondo though? He's barely an above an above average player :smh:

you talking about the guy who put up a 30/18/17 stat line? And is #3 all time in Playoff triple doubles? The dude who laid an all time great playoff performance on the Heat (in a losing effort smh). Rondo is a beast, I just hope he gets his recognition when its time.

He is also the Celts all time leader in assists in a season, steals in a season and assists per game.

and I HATE the Celtics

we'll send yall Granger and George Hill for him...

plz respond

Rondo is an elite player, theres few PGs i would take before him... actually only Dwill / CP3 at this point and time...

Oh look what it is.. Another Deron Williams vs Chris Paul argument.. Another boring way to start the new season when clearly nothing has changed...
What are we arguing this time? What has Deron done lately that this should be dug up from the grave once again. When Deron was with the Jazz he was a Very good all around Point guard. With the Nets it still seems that he hasn't found his niche yet. Either to shoot or to pass.. "but, he has nobody to pass to." In a way that is correct, but should we disregard the past two years with the Nets that is seemingly below his standard and only count this year with an All-star studded lineup. He was scoring, but the boy was dropping Westbrook, John Wall TO numbers.. You have to know when to pass and when to takeover. Chris Paul excels at this. When it comes to finding the man he's making guys like Okafor, Chandler, Armstrong, Jordan efficient with his penetration and dish. When the team is down, in the fourth quarter, YOU KNOW what time it is... At the pg position you have to excel and make due with the personnel you have and not rely on what you need. Be able to have everyone contribute and at the same time stay in your groove.

I'm just saying, Chris Paul has it and has not skipped a beat. I would love my pg to drop 10 dimes a game score about 20 points a game, a ball hawk *Steals Leader* and still shooting close to 50% from the field.. All while averaging 2 turnovers a game. And that's not just last years stats.. That has been his CAREER.. After this year though Deron Williams should and will be back to his standard, of taking on that number 2 spot this year.

Ya know, it just crossed my mind...how do the Hawks plan on splitting minutes between Teague, Devin Harris and Lou Williams? They're all three somewhat the exact same player and none of them are big enough to play on the floor together at the same time.
Lakers starting lineup on opening night...Nash-Kobe-Iggy-Jamison-D12. They'll take on Hedo instead of J-Rich then trade Pau and Blake for Iggy and one of the Sixers young front court players like Vucevic.

They're not trading Pau.. Mitch said he's off the table... Buss said he's off the table.. And Kobe even said I don't want Pau traded at all.. It would hurt us.. That's also the reason we haven't heard anything about Pau being traded since July 4th, when it was everyday you'd hear Pau rumors..

Only way Pau gets moved is if a team sabatoges themself to get Pau.. And that's not happening...

As for the Hawks I could see them moving Lou to SG... It really is the only way they can play all 3 of them..

Last edited:
It's the media, what do you expect those guys to say? Our GM and owner has said the same things about Iguodala, and there's no way in hell that after adding both Nick Young and Dorrell Wright to go along with our other 8 small forwards that we aren't trading Iggy. Something is stalling it and I believe it's been the Lakers chasing after Dwight to get that done first.

It's the media, what do you expect those guys to say? Our GM and owner has said the same things about Iguodala, and there's no way in hell that after adding both Nick Young and Dorrell Wright to go along with our other 8 small forwards that we aren't trading Iggy. Something is stalling it and I believe it's been the Lakers chasing after Dwight to get that done first.

Even when it was clear we were chasing Dwight last year, Pau rumors were constant daily.... If we were still shopping Pau, those rumors would still be daily.. Or every couple of days.. But 2 weeks without 1 word about Pau, he's off the trading block...

Yes you take what the GM said with a grain of salt... But if we were trying to trade him, you'd have heard about it..

We need Kev's "Gentlemanly" PG thread...I don't get why these debates are so tiresome. I think they're great because of the amount of talent that there is in the NBA at that position. Even a slightly-above average player like Rondo gets his due in there.

We need Kev's "Gentlemanly" PG thread...I don't get why these debates are so tiresome. I think they're great because of the amount of talent that there is in the NBA at that position. Even a slightly-above average player like Rondo gets his due in there.

:lol: :lol:

Please someone look at deron Williams game log and see the assists he was putting up on the worst team.
The amount of disrespect is disgusting, I'm sure they will get some national tv games and some of you haters will finally see the light. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom