Official NBA Playoff Race 2008

as much as i like Kidd, i'd rather see AI and Melo in the playoffs. And from an entertainment standpoint, I'd wanna see the nuggets in there as well.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

pimp.gif
great intro and great video overall.

rockets ftw!

Dallas' remaining schedule is very tough, and without Dirk, I don't think they'll make it. The West is crazy. I think that the 6-8 seeds will bePhoenix, Golden State, Denver. Also, I hope that the Wiz end up with the 5th seed, so we can see a Cleveland/Washington rematch.

Originally Posted by atljunkie

^^ Any where you are its going to be tough... the west is that damn good lol.

This is true, but, at #1 or #2, the Rockets would probably face an underpowering frontcourt (Harrington + Biedrins + Nobody), a team that doesn't playD in _enver, or a gimpy Dirk/Dirk-less/doesn't look as good as they used to Mavericks team.

At #5, probably face Utah. Yes, Utah is tough, especially at home, but they're not so good on the road this year (under .500) and even if the Rocketsfinish as the #5 seed, if they finish with a better record than the Jazz, they'd have homecourt.

With the addition of Carl Landry + Scola, with Chuck Hayes, I think the Rockets can somewhat contain Boozer. And with Yao out, it might actually work in theRockets favor in this matchup, since Yao doesn't have to guard Boozer who's stronger and quicker than Yao, or have to chase an Okur behind the 3 pointline. (Hayes + Landry + Scola while not the strongest of PF's, won't get beat by being overquicked against a Utah team. As opposed to say an Amare ifthey faced the Suns)

Compare that to a Rockets team finishing #3 or below, and they probably have to face a Suns team that they never really match up well against, or against thedefending champs, the Spurs.

great point! the lakers are too big and too quick all over the court. they can run.

the jazz are fire at home like you said and boozer is mad powerful.

the spurs are just annoying running all over the court flopping everywhere, kneeing people on purpose, and complaining about every little call. (yes manu,bowen and parker im talking to you!)

so it would definitely be in there best interest to be a top 3 seed.

but even that isnt safe... eg: warriors vs mavs in 07..
eek.gif

im just looking forward to watching great, fun, exciting basketball this post season.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by atljunkie

^^ Any where you are its going to be tough... the west is that damn good lol.

This is true, but, at #1 or #2, the Rockets would probably face an underpowering frontcourt (Harrington + Biedrins + Nobody), a team that doesn't play D in _enver, or a gimpy Dirk/Dirk-less/doesn't look as good as they used to Mavericks team.

At #5, probably face Utah. Yes, Utah is tough, especially at home, but they're not so good on the road this year (under .500) and even if the Rockets finish as the #5 seed, if they finish with a better record than the Jazz, they'd have homecourt.

With the addition of Carl Landry + Scola, with Chuck Hayes, I think the Rockets can somewhat contain Boozer. And with Yao out, it might actually work in the Rockets favor in this matchup, since Yao doesn't have to guard Boozer who's stronger and quicker than Yao, or have to chase an Okur behind the 3 point line. (Hayes + Landry + Scola while not the strongest of PF's, won't get beat by being overquicked against a Utah team. As opposed to say an Amare if they faced the Suns)

Compare that to a Rockets team finishing #3 or below, and they probably have to face a Suns team that they never really match up well against, or against the defending champs, the Spurs.
dont make it seem like the Warriors OR Denver would be an easy series, I can easily see both teams beating Houston in less than 7

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

how funny would it be to see the Nets get in, and Dallas not?

it wouldnt be funny as a Hawks fan but the Dallas out and GS in would be great!
happy.gif

dont make it seem like the Warriors OR Denver would be an easy series, I can easily see both teams beating Houston in less than 7
I'm not.

But, the Suns usually take care of the Rockets, as they pose too many matchup problems. The Spurs are the Spurs with the best PF to ever play the game, andthey're damn near unbeatable at home. (I think only 6 losses at home this year)

You compare that to the Warriors who settle for a lot of 3's/underpowering frontcourt in Biedrins + Harrington (Barnes + rookie Wright off the bench),Denver, who's trash on the road/doesn't play defense, and a possible Dirk-less/gimpy Dirk Mavs team, then that's a best a possible matchup theRockets can hope for in the first round. Also, it doesn't hurt that the Rockets beat all three of these teams in the past month, which is a bit reassuringgoing into a playoff series, if it does end up in one of these matchups. Compared to the Rockets getting blown out by both the Spurs and the Suns in the past2 weeks.

It's all about matchups come playoff time, since the West is so strong.

Just like you, a Warriors fan, of course would love to see GSW in the playoffs, but also have to be weary of who you guys would end up facing. Warriors arebetter off facing a Rockets team who doesn't really have overpowering PF's themselves, to say a Lakers team who with a healthy Bynum + Gasol, wouldprobably abuse the Warriors frontcourt. Odom had 20+ rebs in the back to back Warriors games last week. So, you add in Bynum + Gasol to Odom, and it'sjust not a good matchup for the Warriors, if they do face off the Lakers in the first round.

i don't see why a team is fighting for the 8th or 7th seed in the east, because you're gonna get eliminated playing boston or detroit

Originally Posted by jretro23

i don't see why a team is fighting for the 8th or 7th seed in the east, because you're gonna get eliminated playing boston or detroit

tell that to the people who thought so narrow-minded as you do about last years series... mavericks and warriors??? remember that one?
smh.gif
smh.gif

even though the chances are extremely high of them losing right away, the point is simply making it to the playoffs. for the hawks that will

be such a confidence booster and provide more experience for future years to come.

pretty much.

having a CHANCE to win in the playoffs is better than having a chance at more lottery balls...no?

and even if the Rockets finish as the #5 seed, if they finish with a better record than the Jazz, they'd have homecourt.
I thought the division winners got 3 of the 4 top seeds in the playoffs?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

and even if the Rockets finish as the #5 seed, if they finish with a better record than the Jazz, they'd have homecourt.
I thought the division winners got 3 of the 4 top seeds in the playoffs?
grin.gif

This is true.

What I meant was, if the Rockets finished 5th, and the Jazz finished 4th, and if the Rockets have a better record than them, they'd have homecourt.

Whoever is the 5th seed for that matter, if they have a better overall record than whoever is the #4 seed, the #5 seed would have homecourt.

See: Last year's playoffs, #5 Houston vs. #4 Utah. Houston had homecourt.

how funny would it be to see the Nets get in, and Dallas not?
Funny or not, I want in...
Its the fact of being in the post season. Doesn't matter if you get matched up against a better team, you still want to see your team in it.

-warriors need a win or a denver loss cause they have dallas tomorrow.
-atlanta needs a philly win.
-houston needs a win too.

its getting serious!!!

I wouldn't call the fight for the 8th seed in the East a "race"...more like a limp to the finish line.
laugh.gif

The West playoffs is going to be amazing. In the past you could always point to 2-3 teams in the West making the finals. Now there are like 6 titlecontenders in the West (sorry Dallas, GSW, Denver).

I think eventually GSW will finish 9th but I'd prefer to see Denver and GSW make it with Dallas finishing 9th (too boring to watch).

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I wouldn't call the fight for the 8th seed in the East a "race"...more like a limp to the finish line.
laugh.gif

Hey....
embarassed.gif

The Hawks have actually gone 8-2 in the L10 (bestin the East right now). We've got a pretty tight grip on 8th right now. NJ is done. Indiana...eh, they'd have to put together a decent streak. Notseeing it.

I was rooting for NJ to pull out a win against Philly tonight, actually. The Hawks have a home-and-home with Philly this weekend that could have brought us upinto a tie for 7th with a sweep of that. Not that playing Detroit would be any different than playing Boston...we're getting bounced quick.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom