Official NBA Playoff Race 2008

Originally Posted by franchise3

For the Warriors, let Biedrins go. The kind of money he's gonna get just won't be worth it.

Spend it on Monta and B-Diddy instead.

I know why you'd say that, but the last thing we need is to let go of one of our useful big men
grin.gif
. We need the Wright/Biedrins frontcourt for thr future.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

For the Warriors, let Biedrins go. The kind of money he's gonna get just won't be worth it.

indifferent.gif
Yea, and let our ONLY REAL center leave, smart idea.
Biedrins killed it last season.

This season, he's been 'meh,' minus the past couple of games.

Dude doesn't really even see 4th quarter time.

Why pay the guy so much money?

Why give him a Troy Murphy type deal, only to most likely end up regretting it a couple of years from now, and then scrambling to trade him just like TroyMurphy?

Plus, his leaving would clear the way for Wright to get some quality minutes, and speed up his development. Just tell him to hit the weight room this summer,and what does Biedrins bring to the table that Wright doesn't, minus experience?

Save that money, or sign and trade for a real quality big man, like Brand.

indifferent.gif
Yea, and let our ONLY REAL center leave, smart idea.
Biedrins killed it last season.

This season, he's been 'meh,' minus the past couple of games.

Dude doesn't really even see 4th quarter time.

Why pay the guy so much money?

Why give him a Troy Murphy type deal, only to most likely end up regretting it a couple of years from now, and then scrambling to trade him just like Troy Murphy?

Plus, his leaving would clear the way for Wright to get some quality minutes, and speed up his development. Just tell him to hit the weight room this summer, and what does Biedrins bring to the table that Wright doesn't, minus experience?

Save that money, or sign and trade for a real quality big man, like Brand.

Everything you mentioned is not Beidrins fault, he has the talent, but like my fellow Warrior fans have said in the past, Don Nelson doesn't utilizehim enough.

Biedrins>>>Troy Murphy. He has way more potential. He is a "quality" big man, maybe it's not so evident now, but he's still veryyoung and has a lot of room to grow in his game. He doesn't get 4th quarter time because Nellie only plays people who can shoot 3's
indifferent.gif
. I rememberwatching the Nuggets game; once Biedrins left the game, the Nuggets went on their run. He's highly overlooked on our team in terms of his importance towhat we do.

^ Don Nelson also doesnt really believe in playing rookies all the time.
People know that and so does Wright and Biedrins. Just watch Nelly
everytime Wright is in there. He looks for something to yell at the rookie about..
laugh.gif

How much did Biedrins make in this "high price" deal you guys speak of?

The main reason why I say let Biedrins go, is because I could be wrong, but to me it seems as if, if the Warriors resign Biedrins, resign Monta, resign Baron,how much money would they have to get a quality FA?

Originally Posted by atljunkie

^ Don Nelson also doesnt really believe in playing rookies all the time.
People know that and so does Wright and Biedrins. Just watch Nelly
everytime Wright is in there. He looks for something to yell at the rookie about..
laugh.gif

He hasnt got a contract yet, he's a free agent after this season.

Like 6 years $60M

roll.gif
@ this turning into a Warriors season thread!

playoff talk from now on people. including myself!

The main reason why I say let Biedrins go, is because I could be wrong, but to me it seems as if, if the Warriors resign Biedrins, resign Monta, resign Baron, how much money would they have to get a quality FA?

But think about it, is a FA what the Warriors need, or is it a new coach, who can use the talent correctly on the team, we have the pieces. 2 big longtowers in Wright and Biedrins who can only get better and are already pretty good defensvly, just need to get a little better on the offense, but they areyoung and will get it. Also, Patrick O'Bryant, who is not that bad.

I'll tell you this, a first round matchup against the Spurs or Suns for the Rockets, and it's probably a sweep.

MAYBE 5 games.

A matchup against the Lakers/Hornets/Jazz, and the Rockets have a chance to be competitive.

I'll tell you this, a first round matchup against the Spurs or Suns for the Rockets, and it's probably a sweep.

MAYBE 5 games.

A matchup against the Lakers/Hornets/Jazz, and the Rockets have a chance to be competitive.

Maybe the Lakers and Hornets, but i think the Jazz would kill ya'll. That pick and roll with Boozer and Williams is straight BUTTER.

I forsee the Celtics vs Lakers tbh...
especially if the lakers get bynum, odom, gasol, fisher, bryant on the
court at the same time...
smh.gif
thats too much right there.

Okay...for the Warriors PLAYOFF aspirations, as long as we avoid the Jazz and the Spurs, I honestly feel we can be competitive. the Lakers I'm just not sosold on right now. Gasol isn't proven on the playoff stage at all, and Bynum still needs to get into the groove.

[belongs in warrior season thread]
and yea nellie doesn't play rooks too...that's another beef i have with him. wright even at this pt of his career can at least be an effectiveshot-changer (blocking/changing shots) and rebounder inside and pick up easy points.

MAYBE 5 games.

Maybe the Lakers and Hornets, but i think the Jazz would kill ya'll. That pick and roll with Boozer and Williams is straight BUTTER.
This is true, but Yao defending the pick and roll is a lost cause since he's big and slow.

And if he's not defending the pick and roll, he has to find Okur on the court, and Okur can knock it down behind the arc.

A trio of Hayes, Landry, and Scola can somewhat keep up with Boozer/Okur, IMO.

They're still gonna get their's, but, the Spurs and Suns and it's definitely a wrap for the Rockets.

Well, one thing is for sure. The West is gonna be fun to watch no matter what the matchups are. I honestly think anyone from 1-8 could go all the way.

Back
Top Bottom