Official NBA Swingman Jersey Thread! Show your collections, legit checks are welcome!

If any1 could help or point me in the right direction, I'm looking for the 2016 authentic swingman lakers christmas jerseys kobe #24....sold out everywhere in a XL 
mean.gif
!!....not trusting ALL those on ebay either

Can someone help me to see if this is legit. I know its very vague and its one pic(all the seller had), but saw it on ebay and with the price just jumped on it cuz i saw other people watching so it was kinda an impulse buy. Looks ok to me but im no expert. But any input would be appreciated and repped. And ill post some pics when i get it also. Again, thanks in advance.

View media item 1870920

Last edited:
Can anybody help me out on a few questions I have regarding SWINGMAN Jerseys Real and Fake.  I have a feeling that some of these are being passed off as "Swingman" but aren't legit.  Even though Swingman isn't supposed to be authentic, they are still the ones that are the next tier from authentic.  If they cost $109 from NBA store, I am wondering why are they selling for only $40 on eBay?? 

I have 3 different jerseys that I need help deciphering....

#1-- This one has a White Outline and then if you look at the number 6, it has a rectangle shape in the hole of the 6..

BACK OF JERSEY... The hole in the 6 is a rectangle shape....

Is the Rectangular Hole in the 6 the fake Swingman?

#2-- Now if you look at this one, it has a Blue and Grey patch outline over NEW YORK and the Number 6 has a more CIRCLE shape, you can tell by the curved edges instead of the pointy ends like above......

BACK OF JERSEY - The hole in this 6... it's more of an Oval shape with curved edges.

#3---- This one has the WHITE outline "New York" and the Circular hole in 6 with the curved edges....

Which one is the fake one?  #1, #2, or #3?  They're all going for about $50 or less on eBay.

Now if you look at the stock image from NBA store, the Swingman jersey which costs $109.99.

It shows the front having the White Outline only around "New York" as shown in the first picture and the Back has the Circle shaped hole in the 6 with the curved edges..... not the rectangle shape......

so based on this Stock photo from NBA store, I am guessing that the rectangle shape in the hole of the 6 is the fake one?

Last edited:
The newer ones aren't sewn, they're heat pressed.  The first one has the wrong material, it should be similar to the third one.  The second one has the wrong jocktag and the cut is awful.  They're all fake and your chances of finding a legit Porzingis for less than around $80 or even less than retail are slim to none.

chronicsneaker chronicsneaker yes all posted jersey's are fake. Don't get held up so much on the small details you're asking about though. As mikegasol mikegasol pointed out the cuts and material are all wrong. Plus the font used in "PORZINGIS" is too thick. Look how thin the letters are on your stock photo. Plus all Swingman with the NBA logo on back, are heat pressed not seen. Anything like this isn't going to be going for $50.

Last edited:
Speaking of a Porzingis swingman -

Can anyone help shed some light on the sizing of current swingman jerseys sold on nba.com/in team stores?

I've tried googling quite a bit, and going back through this thread but haven't found anything concrete. I remember adidas swingmen running quite large but haven't owned one in a while. I'm 5"7, 150 and usually rock a 36 in M&N for a very form fitting look although M&N sizing can be inconsistent and sometimes that size will be too snug, a majority of the time they're good.

Will a Small In a current swingman be significantly larger, or about the same size?

Can anyone tell me if this is a Legit swingman jersey? The guy selling this has 300 feedback and 100% on eBay but I was reading about how the 2015-16 jerseys aren't sewn on? I don't understand what heat pressed is. So where did this jersey come from with the sewn letters? And is that the ONLY difference between the NBA store Swingman and this? is that the letters are heat pressed or is the Mesh jersey exactly the same because it looks like these has holes in it like the authentics.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if this is a Legit swingman jersey? The guy selling this has 300 feedback and 100% on eBay but I was reading about how the 2015-16 jerseys aren't sewn on? I don't understand what heat pressed is. So where did this jersey come from with the sewn letters? And is that the ONLY difference between the NBA store Swingman and this? is that the letters are heat pressed or is the Mesh jersey exactly the same because it looks like these has holes in it like the authentics.

View media item 1886452

View media item 1886453

View media item 1886455
Another FAKE Porzingis. Heat pressed is just that, heat/glued on. No stitching.

Is that the only way to tell is the letters and number are heat pressed, no stitches? 

and arent the replica jerseys heat pressed where it starts coming off after a few washes? The sewn letters  seems to be better quality than heat pressed.

Last edited:
Is that the only way to tell is the letters and number are heat pressed, no stitches? 

and arent the replica jerseys heat pressed where it starts coming off after a few washes? The sewn letters  seems to be better quality than heat pressed.

Replicas are screen printed - not heat pressed. Previous Swingmans had sewn letters/numbers. Fabric used for the jersey did not have holes. The current Swingmans have heat pressed letters/numbers. Fabric used for the jersey have holes. This is Porzingis' 1st year, so his Swingman should be like the current version (heat pressed graphics and fabric with holes).

Back
Top Bottom