Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

That would leave us with only Z, Andy and Dru as legitimate contributors on the frontcourt.
Come on, OC, those are the only legitimate contributors in the front court RIGHT NOW.
laugh.gif

^I'd rather keep this deal. We're not losing any core players and Memphis gets a ton of expiring contracts. Plus, who really contributes out of those 3big men you just mentioned?

In all likelihood a deal involving Artest would also involve Gooden, so you'd have to change that lineup there ;-)

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

That would leave us with only Z, Andy and Dru as legitimate contributors on the frontcourt.
Come on, OC, those are the only legitimate contributors in the front court RIGHT NOW.
laugh.gif

true...
frown.gif

If that Cleveland/Memphis deal goes through, Stern better screw them just like he did the C's and not allow them to get that #1 pick. Maybe drop them to #4or 5 because that team would be a downright disgrace to the L.

Originally Posted by tupac003

So with a five-man rotation out of the question and Swift and Petro still young and unproven, and Wilcox and Collison being mainstays, it appears Kurt Thomas is out and perhaps could be moved by Thursday's trade deadline. Seattle Post-Intelligencer \

Young, little-used guard Gerald Green -- the runner-up to Dwight Howard in last weekend's NBA All-Star slam dunk contest -- wants to be traded because he figures his days in Minnesota are over when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer anyway. But Green has little value unless packaged in a bigger deal. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Two league sources said Sunday that the Denver Nuggets were in "full pursuit" of Artest and discussing a package involving Linas Kleiza, Eduardo Najera and a first-round pick. Yahoo

The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to pry Mike Miller out of Memphis with an offer of expiring contracts that includes a package of Sam Cassell and Aaron Williams. The Grizzlies want the Clippers first-round pick in 2008, and so far, the Clippers are balking. Yahoo

The Denver Nuggets are talking with the Grizzlies about acquiring guard Kyle Lowry for Von Wafer and a first-round draft pick. Yahoo

The Cavaliers also have had talks regarding Mike Miller and two other point guards: Lowry and Portland's Jarrett Jack. Yahoo

The Raptors are fielding offers for Jason Kapono. Yahoo

The Orlando Magic have continued to shop for frontline help with Pat Garrity's expiring contract as bait. Yahoo

The Spurs also talked to the Atlanta Hawks about Josh Childress, but were quickly rebuffed. Yahoo

Cleveland was interested in Kidd, Denver would like to upgrade over Anthony Carter and Boston is looking for some veteran help behind young Rajon Rondo. But the list of guards who might be available remains unimpressive. Miami's Jason Williams has an NBA title and the kind of veteran pedigree teams might like and Sam Cassell of the Los Angeles Clippers is also going to be attractive. Toronto Star

The chance of another blockbuster happening is slim. One general manager said the Nets are looking to move Vince Carter and Sacramento could still be interested in moving Ron Artest in two of the anticipated "big" moves. Toronto Star

The Magic might have a shot at getting someone like reserve power forward Brian Skinner of Phoenix, which recently acquired O'Neal. The Suns are looking for another guard, which the Magic have in Redick. Orlando Sentinel

C'mon Clippers, make the Miller deal happen. If any team in the league needs some more consistent outside shooting, its the Clippers. However,considering the way things have been going this season, they'll be giving up a lottery pick if they give up an '08 draft pick. Maybe Memphis will takean '09 pick.

i would not trade odom for butler. odom is much more valuable in the west than butler is...

odom can play the 3 and 4...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

According to the Cavs forums, ESPN Insider is reporting the Cavs are working out a deal with Memphis:

CLE gets: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Kyle Lowery

MEM gets: Newble, Marshall, Dwayne Jones, Cedric Simmons and a future pick

Apparently this is fairly recent as the Cavs are now willing to take Brian Cardinal's big contract...

That is a great deal for Cleveland.If it's true they need to hurry up and get that done NOW

The Magic might have a shot at getting someone like reserve power forward Brian Skinner of Phoenix, which recently acquired O'Neal. The Suns are looking for another guard, which the Magic have in Redick. Orlando Sentinel
why in thee blue hell would the suns want to trade brian skinner? they need guards? what the hell?
laugh.gif

That would be a great trade for the cavs, getting rid of donyell would be good for the team. and getting mike miller and kyle lowery would be a great fit forthe team

Originally Posted by rapsa

nuggets desperately need artest!to be a champions this season!

They really need a 42 percent shooter to win the title?

Why the hell does everyone want Artest? There's a reason he only been in the playoffs like one or two seasons, he's not any good.

Yes. The Nuggets would be trading for a perimeter defender because they need a shooter.

Artest is a cancer and headcase, but he still plays defense better than 99% of the league.

My dudes, according to David Aldridge on NBATV, Ron Artest might be heading to Houston.

One of the dealbreakers is the inclusion of Aaron Brooks.

Stay tuned!

Oh and if the Lakers can get back Butler for Odom, let's just save everybody time and give them the chip now.

I apologize, I was incorrect, Artest has been in the playoffs 4 times, first round and out 3 of those, and a nice run in the 03-04 season with JO, and Reggieleading the way. Teams need to get him fast if he's available.

And if the deal breaker for getting Artest (Mr in demand himself) is whether or not to include AARON BROOKS, that says a lot right there.

trading for butler would be a response to the kobe injury, like gasol was for bynums injury.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I apologize, I was incorrect, Artest has been in the playoffs 4 times, first round and out 3 of those, and a nice run in the 03-04 season with JO, and Reggie leading the way. Teams need to get him fast if he's available.

And if the deal breaker for getting Artest (Mr in demand himself) is whether or not to include AARON BROOKS, that says a lot right there.

The thing is though, I don't know the details and I don't even know if Ron would sign an extension.

If the Rockets are giving up Battier + Brooks, then I could see why they'd be hesitant.

Skip is garbage. James is garbage. Francis's career is RIP.

Aaron Brooks has a lot of potential.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i would not trade odom for butler. odom is much more valuable in the west than butler is...

odom can play the 3 and 4...
laugh.gif
Man stop it. Lamar Odom is not as good as Caron Butler. Period. How many minutes will Lamar spend at the 4 anyways? Unless Pau gets hurt again orgets in foul trouble, not many.

Plus without Brooks, that means Rafer would have to play like 40 mins a game, since the Rockets don't really have a backup PG.

Do it anyway, as long as we're not giving up Shane.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Oh and if the Lakers can get back Butler for Odom, let's just save everybody time and give them the chip now.
and to think, the Lakers already had Butler to begin with
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Originally Posted by JDB1523

According to the Cavs forums, ESPN Insider is reporting the Cavs are working out a deal with Memphis:

CLE gets: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Kyle Lowery

MEM gets: Newble, Marshall, Dwayne Jones, Cedric Simmons and a future pick

Apparently this is fairly recent as the Cavs are now willing to take Brian Cardinal's big contract...

That is a great deal for Cleveland.If it's true they need to hurry up and get that done NOW
i also like the trade. wish they would throw in sombody else besides Cardinal hes a bum who doesnt play D. Cavs also need defense....also is Lowryworth startin?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by franchise3

and to think, the Lakers already had Butler to begin with
laugh.gif
ya but would you guys rather have Butler or Gasol? If Mitch didn't trade Butler, LA might not have Gasol now... You guys need Gasol more becauseyou already have Kobe and Gasol is a big man, which is needed in the West...

Back
Top Bottom