OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Same boat as you JB23, not the best feeling right now. Watching NBAtv, ESPN,going on Netsdaily.com constantly.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Someone earlier said on some program that the Heat may be favorites in the East now...

..I may not disagree with them. As much as I hate the Heat, I love JO more, and I'd love to see him get a ring, even if it means D-Phony-Wade getting another before Dirk.
Nah, we are no where close to the favorites in the east. A second round exit would be a good season IMO.

Why would the Kings want STAT? I mean he's good and all, but I feel like we don't need him.
grin.gif

Plus we are not a really good trading partner with Suns. Our pieces are not that good.

The Kings better trade Miller, Thomas, Salmons, and Udrich before the deadline.

One of those players have to be gone.

for Amare the best fit would prob be Cleveland as far as winning, but if we wants to be the man, then he has to go to a scrub team that has 0 chance of winning

After looking up some stuff on the trade, the Nets would have to cut three players before hand just to make the trade to cut Bowen and Oberto.

Unless thorn has something else up his sleeve, this is not happening without others involved on the Nets side

The rumors of a trade between the Spurs and Nets involving guard Vince Carter appeared to heat up on Friday night.
If New Jersey trades Carter, San Antonio is considered the front-runner to land the former All-Star.

The most recent proposal has the Spurs sending Roger Mason, George Hill, Fabricio Oberto and Bruce Bowen to New Jersey for Carter.

The Nets would immediately waive Oberto and Bowen to get themselves under the 15-man roster limit.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Someone earlier said on some program that the Heat may be favorites in the East now...

..I may not disagree with them. As much as I hate the Heat, I love JO more, and I'd love to see him get a ring, even if it means D-Phony-Wade getting another before Dirk.
Nah, we are no where close to the favorites in the east. A second round exit would be a good season IMO.

IMO, that's what happened in 06, Wade played out of his mind, Riles got them dudes to get it together, and they made a run, and they won the chip.

Boozer Headed To Houston?

spacer.gif

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 2/14/09 3:30 PM ET | 2888 times read

Adjust font size:

It's that time of year, so take this as you will.

Houston radio today is reporting that the Houston Rockets and Utah Jazz are discussing a trade that would land Carlos Boozer in Houston in exchange for Ron Artest and Luis Scola. There is no confirmation from either side of the equation, and no reason to believe this is anything more than Trade Deadline Rumor #2,178.

Let's take a look at this, however. It makes great sense for the Utah Jazz to be interested in Luis Scola. He's a hard-nosed Jerry Sloan type of player who loves the defensive end of the floor and will happily come off the bench if that's what's asked of him. He gives it all out on the court and never takes a play off.

What about Ron Artest? Sure, Artest is one of the best defenders in the NBA, but anyone who knows anything about Jerry Sloan will tell you there's little chance he would approve such a deal, and you have to know that the Jazz don't make moves without Sloan's stamp of approval. Artest is one of the more volatile personalities in the league, and Sloan isn't the kind of coach who will tolerate that - not even a little. It might be a match made in heaven, but it might also be a powder keg just waiting to explode.

On the flip side we have Boozer heading to Houston. On the surface, Boozer would be the best power forward the Rockets have ever had. Not since Otis Thorpe have they had a true star power forward, and Boozer is better than OT was on his best day . . .when he's healthy.

Sound like a broken record to you? It does to me. Why on earth the Rockets would want to bring in another guy who only manages to play in two-thirds of his team's games is beyond me. Boozer has a long history of injuries over his short NBA career, and he's not even healthy right now. In his four-plus seasons with the Jazz Boozer has appeared in just 251 of 381 games (67%), and though he has been dominant at times, consistently averaging better than 20 points and around 11 rebounds, that doesn't help when you're sitting on the bench.

It's easy to see where this rumor is coming from. The Jazz have seen Paul Millsap explode in the absense of Carlos Boozer, all but replacing Boozer's stats. Boozer can opt-out this summer and become a free agent, but in the current economic climate he may decide not to do that. His biggest suitor was expected to be Miami, but their acquisition of Jermaine O'Neal means they won't be looking for any front court help this summer after all. The Jazz are thinking more about wrapping up Millsap long-term than Boozer. Artest's ending contract would give them some cap room and Scola is a bargain at just over $3 million per season.

But for this trade to go down we'd have to believe that Artest and Sloan would get along, which is a stretch, and that the Rockets are willing to take on another injury-prone starter, which is an equal stretch.

The Rockets have played some of their best basketball when Tracy McGrady has been out and Artest has started in his place. That made it easy to believe the inside scoop we got that the Rockets were calling around and gauging interest in McGrady. Apparently McGrady got wind of it, too, as he quickly decided he was probably done for the season due to a knee injury he sustained and had surgery to correct last year. With or without McGrady the Rockets are a solid playoff team in the West. If they're without McGrady and also trade Artest, they could miss the playoffs altogether.

Rockets fans in Houston are hearing this rumor all over the airwaves today, but don't take it for anything more than it is: Trade Deadline Rumor # 2,178.

I guess the Rockets were just getting bored.
laugh.gif
I guess the Rockets will have 3 injury prone star players on their team if thisgoes down. Millsap might be a lock to stay in Utah as well if this trade goes down.

Carter To Spurs Heating Up
Carter_Vince_njn_090105.jpg

Feb 14, 2009 3:10 PM EST

san_40.gif
The rumors of atrade between the Spurs and Nets involving guard Vince Carter appeared to heat up on Friday night.

If New Jersey trades Carter, San Antonio is considered the front-runner to land the former All-Star.

The most recent proposal has the Spurs sending Roger Mason, George Hill, Fabricio Oberto and Bruce Bowen to New Jersey forCarter.

The Nets would immediately waive Oberto and Bowen to get themselves under the 15-man roster limit.

Via San AntonioExpress-News

San Antonio Spurs, New Jersey Nets

Read the Full StoryDiscuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Dallas, Houston HaveInterest In Carter
Feb 14, 2009 3:27 PM EST

njn_40.gif
San Antonio is considered the most likelydestination for Vince Carter, but the two other Texas teams are interested in dealing with New Jersey as well.

The Spurs have offered a 4-for-1 package that includes young pieces like Roger Mason Jr. and George Hill, but the offers that the Mavericks and Rockets makecould help the Nets over the short-term.

The Sporting News has reported that Dallas offered Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse, while Houston could ship Ron Artest's expiring contract forCarter.

Via Sporting News

New Jersey Nets, HoustonRockets, Dallas Mavericks

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Varejao Included In Cavs'Offer For Amare?[/h2]
Feb 14, 2009 3:21 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Cleveland is known to have interest inPhoenix forward Amare Stoudemire, and now it is believed that Anderson Varejao could be included in their offer.

The Cavaliers have the expiring contract of Wally Szczerbiak, rookie J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick to offer, but Varejao's name has reportedlybeen mentioned as well.

Despite all the rumors, Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry responded in a text message to Yahoo! Sports that there are "No discussions at thistime."

Via Yahoo!

Cleveland Cavaliers, PhoenixSuns

[h2]Riley Plans To Remain With HeatPast 2010[/h2]
Feb 14, 2009 3:05 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Heat president Pat Riley says that heplans to stay on with the team past the 2010 season, when his current contract expires.

"Absolutely," Riley said during a conference call on Friday.

With Riley in Miami for the long-term, the Heat are expected to have a much better chance to sign Dwyane Wade, who is part of the famed 2010 class.

"There's no place else I want to be," Riley added.

Via Palm Beach Post

Miami Heat

i dont understand why the spurs want carter. theres only one ball to go around between 4 guys.

carter-duncan-parker-ginobili (sp?)--(signing bowen in 30 days)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

carter can be a team guy, plus he is old fits right in
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

i dont understand why the spurs want carter. theres only one ball to go around between 4 guys.
Let em.

Then all those talks about the Spurs being the only team to contend in the west with the Lakers can stop.

That trade would destroy the team imo. Mason, Hill, Bowen, and they are even throwing Fabricio in there for $%%*# and giggles? Any sign of depth they had wouldbe out the window.

Major L imo.

Boozer to Houston is just smoke.

Isn't Boozer's deal up after this year?

So the Rockets are trading Ron and Scola for like a 3 month rental? Won't happen. We're basically giving Utah Scola for free.

losing hill and mason maybe, but they would get Bowen and Oberto back in 30 days.

Again, probably will not happen unless the Nets get creative with another trade.

God please dont let Vince go to the Spurs....

its hard enough to beat Parker, Ginobli, and DUncan

DAMMIT!!
smh.gif
smh.gif

i dont think carter would be a good fit with the spurs
and i dont think that they would trade mason, seeing as how hes an excellent 3 point shooter

With it looking unlikely that the Cavaliers could pull off a deal with the Suns for Amare Stoudemire, they've apparently turned their interest to Clippers center Marcus Camby.

The Clippers have been trying to unload payroll, according to yahoo.com, which reported that Cleveland has become intrigued by Camby.

The Cavs are one of several teams that have been mentioned in the rumors for Stoudemire. According to the yahoo.com report, earlier this week Cavs general manager Danny Ferry offered Wally Szczerbiak, rookie J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick for Stoudemire earlier in the week, but general manager Steve Kerr wasn't interested.
http://www.sportingnews.c...rn/viewtopic.php?t=517831

Originally Posted by franchise3

Boozer to Houston is just smoke.

Isn't Boozer's deal up after this year?

So the Rockets are trading Ron and Scola for like a 3 month rental? Won't happen. We're basically giving Utah Scola for free.

no way they get rid of scola, dude is the only one healthy and consistent

but vc to spurs would be
eek.gif
, but they dont seem to have pieces

i mean you really dont think carter is not a good fit for spurs but gms think differently.

spurs need that vc type of star power other than td.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Jamario Moon, who the Heat acquired from the Raptors on Friday, is expected to start at small forward over rookie Michael Beasley.
Uhh...

Beasly needs to turn on the defense, we know he has the offense
grin.gif

The first snag was the Nets having to waive 3 players, which wouldn't happen.

Now, both Kiki & Rod said "nothing's going on with Vince Carter"

STAYING OR GOING?: Phoenix All-Star Amare Stoudemire has been the subject of intense trade rumors in recent days.

The fans seem as confused as Stoudemire about where he might end up.

"I'm hearing people say don't go. I'm hearing people say come to the Knicks, come to the Bulls, come to Miami," Stoudemire said at All-Star practice. "I'm hearing everything. Everybody's attacking me."

Stoudemire said he expects a positive reaction from the fans in his homecourt, U.S. Airways Center, on Sunday night. West coach Phil Jackson believes he'll get it.

"Very few home fans get tickets to the All-Star Game, but he is on a favored court where he feels comfortable, and there'll be enough fans to really give him support," Jackson said. "There've been a lot of rumors around Amare during this weekend. We want him to play loose and free and the best that he can do out there on the floor, and we think he'll be fine."

http://www.google.com/hos...t3OkWPQZgHtbcXLgD96BNE280

Back
Top Bottom